Modding Help [SOLVED]Hitbox help

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Quintexial, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Quintexial

Quintexial Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm currently making a custom Arachne race - based off the now-dead one by Antyrus (and with permission) and I've found the following lines in humanoid.config:

"movementParameters" : {
    "standingPoly" : [ [-0.75, -2.0], [-0.35, -2.5], [0.35, -2.5], [0.75, -2.0], [0.75, 0.65], [0.35, 1.22], [-0.35, 1.22], [-0.75, 0.65] ],
    "crouchingPoly" : [ [-0.75, -2.0], [-0.35, -2.5], [0.35, -2.5], [0.75, -2.0], [0.75, -1], [0.35, -0.5], [-0.35, -0.5], [-0.75, -1] ],​

And I thought 'Great, I can make the hitbox reflect the bigger size of the body!'
    Unfortunately, I found out that while, yes, I can make the hitbox bigger - it doesn't change when you go from facing right to facing left. That is, if I made the hitbox larger to the left (such that when the character is facing right, the hitbox actually covers the spider body as well) - when I turned to the left, the hitbox was still extended out to my left - even though the spider body is on the other side of the hitbox. Obviously that's a problem.

Question is: How do I fix this? Is there a way to flip the hitbox/collision box based on what direction you're facing?

Edit: Found a solution. Whatever.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

There is no way to "flip" the collision. That is hard coded.

3. Quintexial

Quintexial Subatomic Cosmonaut

Apparently there is.
    I did, eventually figure out how to do it. I gave a status effect where the script detects which way you're facing and updates your hitbox accordingly.
    It wasn't really easy figuring that out.

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Huh... Well color me educated. Glad you figured it out.