Modding Help [SOLVED] Getting an error in item's animation

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by NinjaKittyOG, May 16, 2020.

1. NinjaKittyOG

NinjaKittyOG Void-Bound Voyager

So I'm trying to make an item that gives a status effect when mouse button is held, and stops the status effect when mouse button is released.
    So I tried to get the code I needed from shields [for the click stuff], the smoke machine [for a particle effect, 'smallpoof' to be specific], random mech blueprints [for the status effect's effect of giving you a random blueprint every minute] , and a harmonica [for the arm position]
    I can run the game fine, but when I click the item in my inventory, it crashes.
    starbound.log is below
    here is the code from the animation file:
    https://pastebin.com/LXzN0FuL

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  2. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

In the "smokemachine.animation" file, there is an entry under "/particleEmitters" named "smallpoof". Have you tried copying that to your animation's particle emitters section (after or before the "perfectBlock" object)?

The pertinent error in your log file is:
    Code:
    [Error] Exception caught in client main-loop
    (MapException) Key 'smallpoof' not found in OrderedMap::get()
    While that type of error is not always clear to me, it could be due to your animation referencing the "smallpoof" particle emitter while not providing its definition.

3. NinjaKittyOG

NinjaKittyOG Void-Bound Voyager

I did not think to define it, I'll try that, thanks
    Edit: It doesn't crash anymore, and now I get to see my terrible, unfinished animation play successfully. Thanks!

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  4. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

You're welcome.
    Ah, the pleasant first-steps of a mod :nuruwink: