1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed [SOLVED] Game not starting (odd Steamworks error ?)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by NeroAngelo, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Phantasmal Quasar

when i try to launch the game i get this error screen

Attached Files:

2. NeroAngelo

here's the log from the offline log :

Info: Preparing Star::Root...
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Info: Done preparing Star::Root.
    Info: Client version 'Beta v. Perturbed Koala' '615' '418'
    Info: Starting from the title screen
    Info: Initialized SDL
    Info: Initialized SDL Video
    Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    Error: IOException: Invalid file handle in dirList of '..\player', error is 0
    007D52D3 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/core/StarIODevice.hpp:9)
    ... (2)
    00407798 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/client/main.cpp:47)
    004DB891 (c:\SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

3. JohnnyKill

JohnnyKill Astral Cartographer

Check if E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/core/StarIODevice.hpp:9
    Is existing,
    Error: IOException: Invalid file handle in dirList of '..\player', error is 0
    this Could not verify a line in the file... so it might have gone corrupted..
    But did it crash right at the startup or when you enterd you password and username?

Simpe fix for the broken file is removing it and downloading it again,

4. NeroAngelo

happens right after i click the button in the Starbound launcher ... don't even reach a login prompt or anything
    as for removing and redownloading ... do you mean the "player" folder it's referencing ? if so it's empty ...

5. Supposed to be the character save folder and should work empty too, I guess you will have to fill a bug report on that one dude, but before try to verify the game's cache when you right-click Starbound in Steam > Properties > Local files > Verify

6. NeroAngelo

yeah i just a did a verify game cache and it redownloaded quite a few files now at least it gets to the logo and then crashes hehe

EDIT : scratch that , after that one successful launch, it's back to throwing that error again

7. NeroAngelo

hmmm interesting , if i delete the "player" folder i no longer get that error and the game boots , but reaches the logo and i get a different error (which i also get if i try to launch the multiplayer part)
    error2.png

8. NeroAngelo

Info: Loading Star::Root...
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Warn: Slow asset 0.066 : /leveling/buster.lvlfunctions
    Warn: Slow asset 0.081 : /leveling/duration.lvlfunctions
    Warn: Slow asset 0.113 : /leveling/damage.lvlmaps
    Debug: Correcting path from /leveling/statuseffectduration.lvlmaps to /leveling/statusEffectDuration.lvlmaps
    Warn: Slow asset 0.125 : /leveling/shield.lvlmaps
    Debug: Correcting path from /terrain/surface/mountainoussurface.terrain to /terrain/surface/mountainousSurface.terrain
    Debug: Correcting path from /terrain/surface/normalsurface.terrain to /terrain/surface/normalSurface.terrain
    Debug: Correcting path from /terrain/surface/relaxedhillssurface.terrain to /terrain/surface/relaxedHillsSurface.terrain
    Error: Could not load /celestial/names.config asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: Could not read variant asset /celestial/names.config
    caused by: AssetException: No such asset '/celestial/names.config'
    004248DF (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/StarAssets.hpp:15)
    0042579C (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/core/StarVariant.hpp:27)
    0041D7AF (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/StarAssets.cpp:974)
    ... (4)
    004281BC (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/StarAssets.cpp:660)
    ... (2)
    00419BF7 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:133)
    ... (2)
    00401413 (e:\p\giaw\src\pkg\mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src\bld/../mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src/src/libcrt/crt/crt1.c:254)
    77D79F72
    77D79F45

Warn: Slow asset 0.118 : /celestial/names.config
    Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    Error: VariantException: Variant type not map for get("planetarySuffixes"), is of type null
    006C0A92 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/core/StarVariant.hpp:14)
    00413C1B (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/StarCelestialDatabase.cpp:492)
    00419BF7 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:133)
    ... (2)
    00401413 (e:\p\giaw\src\pkg\mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src\bld/../mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src/src/libcrt/crt/crt1.c:254)
    77D79F72
    77D79F45

9. seem something from in your file assets\celestial\names.config in this one I have the planetarySuffixes

"planetarySuffixes" : [ "I", "II", "III", "IV", "V", "VI", "VII", "VIII", "IX", "X", "XI", "XII" ],

10. NeroAngelo

likewise
    "planetarySuffixes" : [ "I", "II", "III", "IV", "V", "VI", "VII", "VIII", "IX", "X", "XI", "XII" ],

well i am running steam off of an HFS partition under windows 7, maybe that could cause issues ? not sure though , gonna try moving the steam folder just in case

11. NeroAngelo likes this.
  12. NeroAngelo

Well I'd like to confirm that once i moved the Steam folder to an NTFS partition i stopped getting those errors and the game loaded fine o_O

As for the HFS partition mount software I use it's MacDrive Pro ... hope that helps , seems the game doesn't like certain drivers heh

class101 likes this.
  13. MisterGames

MisterGames Space Hobo

Bonjour Tout le meme erreur !
    SOLUTION SVP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.