So you think you know Stardew Valley's trick inside and out...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrobake, Apr 18, 2016.

1. mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

1. You can put items on top of table, including another table.
    Items on table.png

2. Put fences inside Slime Hatchery.
    Fence on Slime Hatchery.png

3. Hidden path inside hidden forest.
    Hidden Path on Hidden Forest.png

4. Opening and closing barn and coop's door at night to keep them happy.
    Open and Close farm door.png

5. Put torches on fences.
    Torch on Wall.png

6. Ancient seed artifact is convertible into a ancient seed-seed
    Use artifact Ancient Seed into usable Ancient Seed.png

7. Your refrigerator served as a chest, and any items stored in there will be treated as it is in your backpack, allowing them to be used as ingredients for dish.
    Refrigerator 1.png Refrigerator 2.png

8. Calendar at home, purchase them from Robin.
    Calendar.png Calendar2.png

9. Rather than building multiple silos, better put your hay in chest. 1 chest can store 999 x 12 x 3 = 35,946 hays. Take some out and put them into the hay box anytime your single silo is empty.
    Hay 1.png Hay 2.png

10. You can put vegetables, ores, and even eggs on your master shooter seriouslywhostilluseitanyway.
    mastershooter1.png mastershooter2.png mastershooter3.png mastershooter4.png mastershooter5.png mastershooter6.png mastershooter7.png mastershooter8.png

by unknown forces, I accidentally deleted part above so I got to rewrite them.
    11. Putting any Flooring below Sprinkler or Scarecrow will keep them from being blown away during plowing? No more hassle at every new season, plow to your heart content! (To remove them, use pickaxe)
    Plowing 1.png Plowing 2.png

12. During winter, you can harvest lots of Winter Root and Snow Yam from any tillable land aside of those wriggling root/worm? Desert is the best place to farm these foods. Winter Root and Cave Carrot makes Roots Plater. It gives buff to Combat stats, as well as favorite food of Penny best waifu for laifu.
    Winter root.png Winter root1.png Winter root2.png

NEW 21/05/2016
    13. Always wondering what the Wizard or Linus says at area you can't access during festivals?
    Apparently someone have compiled them all: Check this out. These one're my favorite:
    yoesob2.jpg yoesob2.jpg

14. Holding clicking allows you to collect harvests/artisan goods, plant seeds, and purchasing items in quick succession the same as multiple normal clicking. No more carpel tunnel yay.

15. Other unconventional method of bombing is to timber down trees (require 3 bomb explosions). Careful of your plants, floors, et cetera though. Animal however are immune.
    bomb.png bomb1.png bomb3.png bomb4.png

16. You can put huge furniture on top of chest. Huge furniture are furniture (i.e. sofa, coffee table, shelf) that needs at least 2 or more space to put (therefore chair, house plant, lamp, are not). Simply adjust the space where you would put the furniture, and work out the extra spacing on top of the chest.
    chest.png chest2.png chest3.png chest4.png chest5.png chest6.png

I will keep updating if I find or just have remembered something new.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    • Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yooooooooooooo....I'm more curious how you got black slimes there! 8U
      *is the worst at slime breeding apparently*

• mrobake

Apparently I got visited by the Wizard's wife at one night. Didn't stop for coffee or anything, just flying on her broom on top of my Slime building. She waved her magic stick and that happens.

Nice fella, although she really need to change the way she laugh tho.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
        • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

I knew 3-6, but the first twO ARE LIKE BRUH WHA T NICE

It actually took me forever to realize the secret path in the forest. Everyone was like, "you can get 12 hardwood" and i'm just... ??????

Of course, I discovered it when I didn't need hardwood anymore OTL

Lil' Mini, Maholix, Iffydust and 2 others like this.
          • lordofdragonss

lordofdragonss Void-Bound Voyager

Ok I didn't now about first one!

• lilly_ampleton

lilly_ampleton Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, now I know what to do with my boring-as-hell-fences. I´ll set them all on fire. Hopefully not literally though.:nurutease:

ThitPoulsen and Wolfride like this.
              • KayokoSalsa

KayokoSalsa Guest

I knew 2 - 6, but didn't know about 1. Interesting.

• zoeevee

zoeevee Zero Gravity Genie

Yes but this is a helpful spot for all the tips! Thanks for making it.

• meatpardle

meatpardle Star Wrangler

Yeah you can pick up these sort of things on the reddit. My house is filled with side tables so I can put down all my beers.

Wolfride and RoastedCoconutz like this.
                    • SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

I did not actually know many of these and i never have been on reddit cool thanks for showing me @mrobake

mrobake likes this.
                      • meatpardle

meatpardle Star Wrangler

I've yet to find a way to remove the lights from the fence posts and keep them. If they're on the floor and you hit them with a pickaxe they go back in your inventory, but if you hit them while on a fence post they disappear altogether.

mrobake likes this.
                        • zoeevee

zoeevee Zero Gravity Genie

That sucks but just recycle a bunch of newspaper and you'll get a bunch more

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

Nifty! I knew all of them and are looking forward to more X3

Let me tell you, I didn't discover number 3 until the day after the patch for the zoom-out option came out and I was like YO MORE HARDWOOD.

Lil' Mini and mrobake like this.
                            • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I actually found the paths to the extra stumps by accident. Looked away with my hands on the keyboard, looked back and my character was in the hidden part. Getting out took a bit longer.

I don't understand the meaning of number seven, can someone explain?

Also, not sure if this counts, but the Adventurer's Guild sells progressively stronger weapons as you get deeper in the mines.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Basically for number seven, any of the items you put in your fridge can be used for the recipe counter so you in theory don't have to hold onto every ingredient yourself when cooking.
                                Like for me, I put my eggs and milk and the ingredients I get from Pierre (rice/vinager/etc) and a few other things in so anytime I go to the recipe counter there is something I can in theory make.

One of my plays I'm courting Alex so my fridge has a lot of salmon/amaranth/kale in it to make salmon dinners on the fly.

mrobake likes this.
                                • Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Gee, I knew about all of these things...
                                  A lot of them just make logical sense.
                                  But did you know you could put 999 bait on a hook so you don't have to keep putting bait on between casts?

mrobake and RoastedCoconutz like this.
                                  • RoastedCoconutz

RoastedCoconutz Pangalactic Porcupine

There's actually TWO hidden paths! I only just discovered the second yesterday. (Sorry about the giant picture.)[​IMG]

Wolfride, Tamorr and mrobake like this.
                                    • Tyken

Tyken Subatomic Cosmonaut

Coffee's speed buff stacks with other food buffs.

Stumped trees still drop seeds into the groud, which can be dug up for field snacks. Which are a great early-game source of energy.

Breaking rocks with bombs does give you mining experience but i'm unsure if the type of rock matters.

"Artisan" after "Tiller" in farming, is the best trait to have, regardless of what playstyle you have, as it applies to -all- artisan goods.

There are fishing "Gold spots" (Check the wiki) that will pretty much always give gold quality fish.

Fishing is -amazing- early game. If you get lucky with treasure chests, it could give you a massive early advantage. However, farming quickly out paces fishing, mid to late game.

Many villagers give you new recipes once you befried them.

"Wild Seeds" give foraging exp when harvesting, not farming.

Untill Summer 3, when the spa opens, Energy is worth far more than Time. Afterwards, it shifts to Time > Energy.

If you're a completionist, Geologist/Excavator help with minerals and Fisher/Pirate help with artifacts.

For skills, the "Rancher", "Forester", and "Scout" trees are "ok" at best.

mrobake and RoastedCoconutz like this.
                                      • mrobake

Update it with some useful/useless facts.

• Bushdoctor

Bushdoctor Space Hobo

Right-clicking a stack, while holding Shift, moves or picks up half the stack.

(Not sure if this is mentioned somewhere as I found it out by accident).

Jaed, RoastedCoconutz and mrobake like this.