1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So You Like Sandbox? Favourite Starbound Sandbox Feature.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Arcadiax, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Favorite is spelled wrong! My favorite sand box element is how good the game tile is and how the adventure looks intense :D!
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

2. Lord Sevein

Lord Sevein Void-Bound Voyager

The key to any sandbox game is having a lot of randomly generated content to keep things interesting. Starbound is already looking like it's going to include quite a bit of that - random worlds, random loot, random enemies etc. I think this is going to do a lot to extend the life of the game. Including things that you can collect (pets, trophies, etc.) will only help to further extend the gameplay.

3. Skyblade799

Skyblade799 Void-Bound Voyager

My favorite one is the idea of being able to travel to other worlds in the same save. I remember in terraria each world had the same biomes, and exploration was limited in that respect. With this, there could be infinitely more biomes and infinitely more building space in one save :D

4. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I love how many weapons and armor/clothes there will be.

5. Tamarama

Tamarama Guest

I like that a main focus of gameplay is exploration. I love exploring huge maps and finding all the nooks and crannies. I remember pushing against the horizon for hours at a time in Minecraft. I had a great time. There was beautiful landscape, but not much else.

Sounds like this game will have some sort of extra reward for my style of play. I'm pretty psyched.

6. HorseMASTER

HorseMASTER Industrial Terraformer

I can build what ever I want!!

7. bioemerl

bioemerl Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ability to control weather, and the ability to access multiple planets will be awesome. That is not in many other games.

8. ChibiErick

ChibiErick Void-Bound Voyager

My favorite part is that much of the world is going to be randomly generated. It reminds me of Spore really, except that you don't get to control what appears on the planets which makes it extremely fascinating and I would to see it in work. I mean each player can have their own little universe to play in! I should also mention that multi-player can be beautifully integrated into the whole thing but doesn't need to be. The more I think about this game the more excited I get for it to come out :3

9. HellKnightX

HellKnightX Void-Bound Voyager

With this much procedural generation of planets and creatures, my favorite element seems to be that this game is looking like it will live up to be what Spore failed to be. That, and voxels. You can't forget the blocky goodness of voxels.

10. jackalope

jackalope Big Damn Hero

I love the randomly generated stuff, and the freedom to do whatever you want at your own pace! Can't wait to capture every variety of alien as well! :alien:

11. Starhound

Starhound Void-Bound Voyager

I love ... well, all of the ideas, I really hope they can implement them as they envision. Cataloging all the various, random species of animal and the different plants/fauna is definitely drool-worthy, but the ability to share coordinates of discovered planets, as well as the use of NPC crews at base and on planets is also intriguing. If this game is half as good as it looks on paper, it's going to be a big hit for Chucklefish, I think.

12. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

This. I'm hoping for a pair of glowing green goggles and a black trenchcoat.

13. Topodic

Topodic Void-Bound Voyager

I am particularly looking forward to terraforming and discovering what lives on each planet, and to an extent, capturing and taming creatures. When I read about the planet interaction, it reminded me a lot of Spore, and that particular part (logging what creatures and species are on a planet in particular) of it was very much my favorite part of Spore, for whatever reason. :)

14. Leon

Leon Void-Bound Voyager

From what I've read I like how there will be multiple planets you can visit so if you ever get bored with one planet you can move on to a different one and see stuff you haven't seen before

15. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

A main appeal of this game is that there will always be something to explore, something new to see, and some upgrade that you want but don't know yet. That is one of the main draws, at least for me.

16. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

I like that the planet loops, so I can find a really little one and change it entirely to base.

17. Zomgmeister

Zomgmeister Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Finding how much of content is procedure generated. True sandbox style.

18. xanthicDruid

xanthicDruid Void-Bound Voyager

Right now I really love the mysteriousness XD but of what we XDo know now XD I love the iXDea of capturing the animals anXD training them to fight anXD how they are ranXDomly generateXD XD

19. bioemerl

bioemerl Subatomic Cosmonaut

whats with all the X D s

I think the procedurally generated items will be interesting, but eventually fail due to the fact that a shotgun will still be a shotgun, no matter how cool looking it is.

20. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

the Xs and Ds are procedurally generated

xanthicDruid and bioemerl like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.