So... what's at the end?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gilligan Lanley, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

I haven't been playing much as of late, but I had a thought and a question that I was hoping that someone would enlighten me on. After several years, does the game just, end? I'm just about to enter year two, and after a discussion with a friend, the thought occurred to me "Is there an end to this game?"

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

There's an evaluation at the end of year two, but, no matter how you do on it, you the game does not end. It's completely open-ended, and some folks have kept the same save for many years of game-time. The 'ending' is whenever you decide you've done all you care to do with that particular save file-- reached your personal goals, collected the prizes and items you like, married the spouse of your dreams, and designed the farm to your personal satisfaction.

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
      • Gilligan Lanley

Thanks for that, was really curious. :nuruflirt:

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I think CA deliberately left the game without an end, because he meant its location and the people to be timeless. So is the player's character, once they've inserted themselves into it.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
            ChaosAzeroth and Gilligan Lanley like this.
          • Gilligan Lanley

That's interesting food for thought.

• Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

It definitely is endless I watched a video of someone's farm that was at year 105 and going strong. I like the fact that it's so open ended but it would be nice if after a few in game years things changed. Like your children grew up or someone dies and you have to attend a funeral. There are other things too, but all in all I love the game the way it is.

• Sventex

Sventex Pangalactic Porcupine

That was the selling point of one of my favorite Harvest Moon games.
                [​IMG]

• Gilligan Lanley

I really enjoyed Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life the most in the series for what I played. I kinda wish there was a reboot/remaster to it, with some extra content added to spice it up a little, but keep it mostly the same.

• Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Big Damn Hero

A quick search on my end pulled up "Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition" for PS4. It's listed at $14.99 (USD) on their website. Not sure the difference, as I haven't played either, but you never know.

• Gilligan Lanley

Thanks for that bit of info! :nuruawe: