So much Loot, So much Adventure.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Dynafols, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Hey everyone, its me, Dynafols, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... ha...ha....heh.... (hands over a free space cookie to you).

Anyways, for this suggestion, I want to suggest the idea of how loot will be found within the game. One of the things that I am a bit worried about is the idea of, "Heres a new toy, and heres countless different paints, enjoy", because even though there are 21,000 different textures for the rocket launcher, a rocket launcher is still a rocket launcher, making it feel like that 21,000 is just 1.

So, what I would like is sort of half and half on the paint option (if there is one). Heres how it would work.
    I found a rocket launcher, and I now have access to 10,000 different designs for it. But if you want the other 11,000, you have to go out into the universe and find them. This will hopefully help give the feel of still finding new things despite already getting the weapon, even if its only cosmetic.
    Also this could also go with my other thread about godly and legendary hard to find items, maybe make some items or cosmetic designs more rare than others, (but I do want items out there that are as rare as finding a shiny pokemon).

2. Rex

Rex Phantasmal Quasar

Well maybe, my variation is:

You have found a Rocket Launcher. You want another texture. You shouldnt eb able to pick one for free. But if you want a green one, you should get some green metals or green dye. Just like any other color or addition.
    NExtly, you should be able to make mods to it. like make it shoot multiple rockets at once, or fill them w/ napalm.

3. John.

John. Star Wrangler

That is a good idea, a multi-napalm rockrt launcher?

4. Rex

Rex Phantasmal Quasar

Just an example ofc ;)