So is there a way to pick what kind of ship pet you want?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by SpaceRanger, Sep 23, 2015.

1. SpaceRanger

SpaceRanger Void-Bound Voyager

I mean i want to be a human but i always get a cat......but I want a....not sure what they are but they look like clouds and very huggable looking i think novakids get them. So is there anyway to pick a pet?

2. Shydragon

Shydragon Subatomic Cosmonaut

There is no way, pets are all race specific. You have to be a Novakid to get a Snugget (fluffy pet)

3. SpaceRanger

SpaceRanger Void-Bound Voyager

But....human

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

No way without modding.

5. Kerghan

Kerghan Tentacle Wrangler

Then you have to play a Novakid. Humans always get cats, Glitch always get pigs, etc...

6. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Well, if you install a custom ship mod (or a mod that lets you remove your tech station) you could spawn in the Novakid tech station and put it on your ship. Last I checked, ship pets are tied to your tech station, so switching it out for a different race's will give you the corresponding pet.

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Choose your pet, and the number of pets.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/purchasable-pets.2854/

8. BarksWolfy

BarksWolfy Space Hobo

I just found a way to be whatever race and get whatever pet you’d like.
    Step 1. Press enter and type /admin
    Step 2. Press enter and type /spawnitem humantechstaion ( you can altar the word “human” for whichever race the pet you’d like is acquired from )
    Step 3. Go to your S.A.I.L in your ship and break it. There’s two ways to do this that I know of. You can either hit enter and type /entityeval object.smash() with your mouse hovering over your ship’s Sail, or break the walls behind it. You CANNOT have two sail in one ship the game will crash.
    Step 4. Place your new S.A.I.L and your pet should spawn in after you place it