So if you could start a new business in the village, what would it be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Borodin, May 24, 2018.

1. Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Keep it in context--so no selling Porches, or opening a munitions factory. (Yes, I know this was your dream. I, too, feel that way after Lewis tells me for the twentieth time that nobody wants to run against him for mayor.)

Think: a shop that would fit and actually draw customers. I could see myself selling jewelry, possibly even selling magical trinkets if the Wizard didn't get his panties in a twist. Or maybe a restaurant specializing in seafood. (I'm fond of seafood, including makizushi.)

What about you?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I'd sell gems to half-dragons! Oh wait, it's not proven that Abby is half-dragon...

There's a local store that sells a little of everything, but it's not overly big or anything. Some clothes, some toys, some housewares...just a little of everything practical. I could see myself doing that, it would mean Haley wouldn't be forced to buy online (if she didn't whine about things not being top of the line), people could get housewares and appliances as needed, toys for the kids and young at heart...but the selection is fairly small, so maybe Haley would say "you don't have Gucci stuff!* and shop online anyway...prices would be higher than Joja but customer service would be so much better, and closer to the town than Joja is

• Sventex

Sventex Pangalactic Porcupine

If I was running my farm, I'd open a wine store or coffee shop/cafe. If I didn't have the farm, I'd open a item store a la Recettear, and drive Pierre out of business.
        [​IMG]

Deadybears likes this.
        • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Possibly an English Tearoom. The Stardrop isn't exactly the most elegant of locales.

Corraidhín, Focean and Chikaku like this.
          • guitardude_324

guitardude_324 Big Damn Hero

Banana stand

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

A laundromat/clothing store. No-one seems to have a change of clothes in this town.

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

an aquarium

• Dokka

Dokka Tentacle Wrangler

A wine and cheese shop. All aged to perfection in my cellar.

plattym3 and Focean like this.
                  • Tamamo-no-Bae

Tamamo-no-Bae Tentacle Wrangler

I think I'd love to learn magic and make something with the Wizard.
                    The village could benefit from magic becoming a thing to appreciate and not fear.

• Tythamir

Tythamir Tentacle Wrangler

A bakery would seem like a nice little addition to the town. Especially with the Mill already being a thing.

Yaushibee and Zosa like this.
                      • BananaPremium

BananaPremium Void-Bound Voyager

A salon! It'd be cool to see the villagers try out different styles. Not to mention, being able to soup up your own whenever you wanted.

• Arlem

Arlem Void-Bound Voyager

i never thought about this actually, and i like the idea! i'm quite fond of teaching; so i think some sort of a school would be my job. maybe musical arts?

Borodin likes this.
                          • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I can really see this becoming a career path with cutscenes, as a PC sells various NPCs on buying and learning an instrument, and then tries to form them into a cohesive, competent orchestra. Of course, the early stages, properly recorded, could be used to stun slimes for capture.

Arlem likes this.
                            • stormblessed

stormblessed Orbital Explorer

We've got trouble -- right here in Stardew Valley!
                              With a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for "pool"! ;)

Arlem likes this.
                              • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

If I could? I would probably do as the farms in my city do, open restaurant/vineyards/areas for people to learn about animals, which would be sustained entirely from the farm itself! and some sea food because the ocean is on a 5 minute walk.

Yaushibee, tangeriney and plattym3 like this.
                                • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

If you're going to be poofing slimes everywhere with musical stuns, there'll soon be none in all Stardew Valley--which stands for M, because Marlon won't let you gain entrance to the Adventurer's Guild if you don't kill ten of 'em the old fashioned way. ;)

plattym3 likes this.
                                  • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

well, i am already delivering stuff so why not a postal service? :rofl:

tangeriney likes this.
                                    • Phea

Phea Big Damn Hero

Maybe like a bakery? I like cooking, and using the super fresh fruits/milk/eggs you can get on your farm would produce lovely cakes.

Corraidhín likes this.
                                      • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I hope they do something in that area, I would love to see a good use for flour and wheat, along with the mill. So much good stuff that could exist!

• tangeriney

tangeriney Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd open a cute little flower shop and sell bouquets made with flowers grown on my farm :)
                                          Or a smoothie shop, with fresh farm-grown ingredients!
                                          A coffee shop... or a winery would be really cool [:

Just something that makes sense for a farmer.