Building/Ship So, heres an incredible waste of time..

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by ODST 4900, Mar 25, 2016.

1. ODST 4900

ODST 4900 Pangalactic Porcupine

I figured it was time to hone my building works, so here we are; my Uranium tier mine for uranium and titanium and such.
    i've still got the main tunnel and stuff below to do, so i'll keep this informed.

but yeah, what'ca think?
    20160325232200_1.jpg

Gotcha!, LazuIi, Skelozard1 and 10 others like this.
  2. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

Overall it's got a pretty nice shape, good sense of flow to the design of it. You might want to place some background blocks on your roofs then remove them to stop the wildlife from setting up a cosy home there though.

ODST 4900 likes this.
  3. ODST 4900

Chances are i'll leave all them alone for now, come release, I'll probably give that try, thanks.

4. nil338

nil338 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How did you make the spiral staircase? Pls give detailed description! What block did you use for the long gray pole that supports the stairs in the middle of the building?

5. moremuffin

Without being able to zoom in for a better look I can only guess that the outer edge is the ship support blocks and the inner section of it is concrete. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain that's what they are from what I can make out.

ODST 4900 likes this.
  6. ODST 4900

You are correct, i'll get more higher Quality shots when i'm closer to being done.

7. ODST 4900

I'll get some pictures of the staircase for you, it's pretty easy until it comes to replicating it.

8. ODST 4900

Heres a closer image for you. The column is Concrete, Support blocks and Smooth plated blocks.
    as for the staircase, it's Modern Platforms. Best way i can really show you how to do them is just copy from how it looks on the image really, then modify accordingly. 20160326172045_1.jpg

9. nil338

I would suggest getting a colony deed!

10. nil338

How the hell did you get the rusted and metal pipes and those cylinder things at the top left, in the hazard room, next to the staircase? And what is that weird looking tube at the top left corner on the ceiling next to the red alarm?? Did you use admin mode for this?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  11. moremuffin

Both pipes are the same and can be crafted from copper, it's just that some are painted black. The outpost tanks can occasionally be found in underground outpost mini biomes and the turbine can occasionally be found in USCM prison dungeons.

ODST 4900 likes this.
  12. BreacK

BreacK Subatomic Cosmonaut

Looks nice so far, I'm looking forward to seeing more ^^

ODST 4900 likes this.
  13. nil338

This guy is a genius

ODST 4900 likes this.
  14. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't like spiral Staircases (they look like a visual hack, to me), but the rest of the base is so well thought and organized that I can't really complain about anything else... Dayum, man, you even got the pipes looking visually neat and consistent.

ODST 4900 likes this.
  15. ODST 4900

I don't mind the spirals, they just look nice IMO for a tower stairway instead of just random blocks or elevators.

16. ODST 4900

I don't really want anyone here, it's more just a constuction project for the hell of it.

17. ODST 4900

Out of curiousity, does anyone have any ideas on how i could work the actual tunnel access into the mining building proper?

Also what would be better:
    • a Spiral staircase up to the surface -Like on the surface-
    • a two part elevator -on the smooth plated parts-
    • or both -an elevator in the middle and stairs on the two sides or the elevator on the left and the spiral staircase on the middle and right?

20160328012935_1.jpg

Breakout likes this.
  18. ODST 4900

Either i'll carry on with this or i may just abandon it until 1.0 release so it fits the rest of what i've got planned.

19. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

The spiral staircase was a really good idea, and the actual build is good. However, I think it needs to blend in with the environment better. get rid of the dirt scaffolds (which I assume you used for building) and just add some detail to the outside. In this case, some chain link fence, asphalt on the ground, and stuff like that would be cool

20. ODST 4900

i Would but come 1.0 the poisonous ocean will be the current wasteland look (my one is a good few versions ago) and this is more just for a template for future mines (this one would be more on a midnight planet for high tier ore. but good idea, if i finish this off i'll try that out.