1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So... Giant Mobs + Ocean Biomes = RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Beathrus, Jan 23, 2015.

1. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

If I had any artistic sense in me I would have made a sunken ship dungeon. That just sounds like a fantastic idea now.

I would love to go into an ocean biome and see something huge like that moving around. Just to prove you aren't the biggest baddest dude in the universe/

Dragonith and Biirdy Daysleeper like this.
  2. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It'd prolly be more 'ruins of Hytotl and other under water dwelling creatures' then again, A Sunken ship would be nice...

3. WingofTech

WingofTech Big Damn Hero

Would you do it for... mystical treasures beyond your wildest fears?

4. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

No.

5. Beathrus

What about sweet monster lookin' loot? Or outfits, stuff like that?

6. BloodyFingers

No.

7. The | Suit

Mermaids?

BloodyFingers likes this.
  8. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

For a few minutes until I killed it to prove that I am the biggest, baddest, dude in the universe.

I'll be all over sunken ship dungeons.....as long as they are starships and not.....you know, regular ships or ancient wooden ships or something.

9. The | Suit

I think there should be just some monsters which are plain not killable. Your only objective is to run and hide.
    Or it has like a treasure check on the very top of it and you have to dodge all its attacks to get to it and open the chest

10. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I'm not worried about anything being unkillable because sooner or later there will no doubt be a mod to make it killable. ;)

11. BloodyFingers

So, nothing like this?
    [​IMG]
    Agreed. This is the kind of ship that makes me lose my shit underneath the ocean...

Nnnnoot so sure, now...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  12. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love this thread. Best Cthulhu pic ever. Is that the UFO spawned on a pirate ship? LoL that must have been great. Also, that Space Whale!!

[​IMG]

YES!

Space Whale means we need Space Kraken!!

Uzkniso likes this.
  13. Beathrus

If Chucklefish honestly put any of these monsters in water planets, That'd be awesome, But I'd want it to be like, Ep. 16 of Outlaw Star, Demons of the Water Planet. Rare loot on the ocean floor or hidden in a crashed ship, and just a bloody crap ton of scary tentacle-y monsters. xD

The | Suit likes this.
  14. genjiworks

genjiworks Void-Bound Voyager

What about a sea creature so big it's a moving dungeon... IT swallows you and you are teleported inside it's belly and need to get the hell out of there... while acid slowly eats your health away. What a fine adventure that would be...

15. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

... the ocean worlds would turn into hellish death worlds with all these monsters.

16. WingofTech

WingofTech Big Damn Hero

Depends who the artist is and how high quality their.... assets are.

17. Beathrus

I think, with us all talking about Ocean worlds, we are missing a key thing. We need like, a submarine tech, maybe that can fire rockets and machine gun bullets to battle these hellish creatures!

felipeneves81 likes this.
  18. Ariskelis

Ariskelis Ketchup Robot

Hrmmmm.

Attached Files:

19. Beathrus

Looks like a Leviathan!

20. OuttaThinAir

OuttaThinAir Big Damn Hero