RELEASED SMITE Apollo mod (Replaces Sam)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by pixel_p, Mar 13, 2016.

1. pixel_p

pixel_p Orbital Explorer

Hello guys!

I made a mod for myself but decided I might as well share it with everyone in case someone else would also like it.

This mod replaces both the sprites and portraits of Sam and replaces them with mine of Apollo from SMITE in his TSM skin.
    If someone knows how to change his name, that'd be awesome, but for right now all these are are the .xnb files to mod him visually. His name, dialogue, and AI will stay the same.

Comparison and Screenshots:

Old Sam:
    [​IMG]

New Apollo:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download:

Portraits: https://mega.nz/#!vNsREQDR
    Decrypt Key: !zVLAosIaKyYF35FJqSdOFRzQGMvGY_cG5EwDKf1MNfc

Sprites: https://mega.nz/#!fMERyCBJ
    Decrypt Key: !CUQNLITFp-53JwdkqzifytjcB_xeNZLhJoBo4zT7h5Y

Installation:

To install the new portraits, find your current Sam.xnb under Steam>steamapps>common>Stardew Valley>Content>Portraits. Put this .xnb somewhere safe for a backup, but move it out of this folder. Put the new Sam.xnb in its place.

To install the new sprites, do the same, but instead of Content>Portraits we will be replacing the Sam.xnb from Content>Characters.

-"Help, Apollo's walk animation looks like some weird bugged version of his portrait, what do, pixel_p?"
    This happens when the game loads the portrait .xnb file incorrectly in place of the sprite .xnb. Make sure you keep track of which .xnb is which, so they are placed in the proper Content folders.

Bugs:

As you can see in the screenshots, the background around his portrait is white instead of transparent. This doesn't bother me enough to fix it for myself but if it really ruffles your feathers I can figure something out.

While he's on his skateboard, there is a few loose white pixels there as well.

Thanks for checking it out, hope you enjoy!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    • moonrose2002

moonrose2002 Void-Bound Voyager

You need a key to download from Mega... also if you play smite whats you're name cause I play it too and I'm not horrible but im not the best and i need more people to play smite with

• Hazerofdoom

Hazerofdoom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SMITE is great, seeing a crossover mod for it is so good.
        The pixel art is really well done too. :) Nice job.

• pixel_p

pixel_p Orbital Explorer

I had no idea about the Mega keys....I added them though and updated the post.

• Crafes

Crafes Seal Broken

Holy crap that is beautiful. Nice to see a SMITE player around here who is also pretty talented in pixel art!

On a side note, are you planning on replacing more sprites? Otherwise good work on this.

• pixel_p

pixel_p Orbital Explorer

I had a lot of fun making Apollo, so I wouldn't mind making more, if I had more ideas. Although I think Clint would make a pretty good Vulcan lol.

• Crafes

Crafes Seal Broken

So true! I wouldn't mind Gus being a Bacchus either. Also old Bakasura for dwarf definitely. That's all I've got, glad to see you're willing to make more!

• FiyahKitteh

FiyahKitteh Void-Bound Voyager

Oh. My. God! I freakin' love you so hard right now, you don't even know! ❤❤❤
                  I like Sam a lot and Apollo is totally my husband in SMITE! Him and Mercury, ooff. x////x
                  It actually WOULD be super cool to have more SMITE chars in general, because then the characters would definitely be more relatable, despite lack of story.

I currently have different portraits on my game and Sampollo would stick out quite a bit, but I may add him anyway, just because APOLLO ❤

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

This looks awesome!

Today I Learned that Rhett from Good Mythical Morning looks like a video game character!

• Koutetsu

Koutetsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this mod! I definitely think this looks better, but I have a request. If it's not too much to ask, could you fix it so that his portrait has the normal background? you said that you'd be willing to try if someone requested it. Seriously though, great work on this! It's a really good replacement for Sam.

Edit: Never mind, I managed to sort it out for myself with a bit of editing. Thank you again for this awesome Sam mod!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016