1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Smart Tubes 1.2.5

The smart way to transfer items around in Starbound

1. carlucci

carlucci Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Man, I love this mod more and more....so real quick before i have to put the kids to sleep...Now that it took me like 3 days to set this all up, I want to move to a different planet and im hesitant becuase once i break those IO conduits, etc all those configs, some having like 50 configs will all disspear. Nick, anyway you can write somthing really quick that save them in tac......i dont care if they dont stack.

2. nickc01

nickc01 Phantasmal Quasar

nickc01 updated Smart Tubes with a new update entry:

Added Conduit Saver

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. nickc01

4. carlucci

Awesome nick, check out my new pc bro 2018-01-12-17-24-18.jpg 2018-01-12-17-23-53.jpg

5. nickc01

6. carlucci

Just a message to all the users and future users of smart tubes...Big things are coming your way. Awsome,Amazing things. I have met many devs on here and all do great work. My praises for them. Having said that, Nick the creator of this amazing mod is hard at work and is going to revolutionize how we play. I consider him a young prodigy, of coarse thats my own opinion.

Not only that but his communication with users is first class. I dont want to spoil the surprises coming but rest assured his talent is going to make smart tubes number one soon and is sure to grab your attention.

7. carlucci

My new ship Screenshot from 2018-01-30 15-43-07.png Screenshot from 2018-01-30 15-43-40.png

8. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

A tip for those who, like me, are setting up a large amount of extraction/IO tubes.

You can change the standard values that SmartTubes automatically fills in, by editing a file. For instance, I've set the 'amount to leave' to 1 and 'insert ID' to itself.

First, unpack SmartTubes.pak (more info here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-successfully-pack-and-unpack-pak-files.66649/ ). Be warned that the unpacker doesn't create a new folder automatically, it's best you create one yourself before unpacking.
    When the mod is unpacked, find and edit the file: Blocks/Conduits/Extraction Conduit/UI/UI Script.lua

Lines 235 to 241 look like this:
    GetTextWithDefault("itemNameBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("insertIDBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("takeFromSideBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("insertIntoSideBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("takeFromSlotBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("insertIntoSlotBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("amountToLeaveBox","0");

The changes I've made for myself make it:
    GetTextWithDefault("itemNameBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("insertIDBox","itself");
    GetTextWithDefault("takeFromSideBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("insertIntoSideBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("takeFromSlotBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("insertIntoSlotBox","any");
    GetTextWithDefault("amountToLeaveBox","1");

Make sure to only change the text to something that the mod actually supports.

After saving this file, copy your directory to the mods folder, also make sure to remove SmartTubes.pak itself.

9. MokahTGS

MokahTGS Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A couple issues I've noticed: The conduits leak items if they get to a container that has a slot full that its supposed to insert into. For example moving water from a storage chest into grow beds is fine, but when the water slot (slot 2) is full (1000) it doesn't know where to go and leaks out of the I/O conduit. It needs code to handle this. If an items doesn't have anywhere to go, it should not get put into the tube, or it should go back to where it came from.

Also, the I/O conduits don't seem to work with the ^ as a blacklist option. Whatever I try I can't get the I/O conduits to not take items.

Third, Facade conduits can't be placed under a container or machine without breaking the container or machine. I can put it back but its pretty annoying.

10. nickc01

I'll take a look into the bugs. I've been doing lots of changes to the internal system to accompany some new features down the road and I'll see if I can tackle these while I'm at it.

From all the experimentation I've found, there doesn't seem to be a better way to get the conduits inside of a block without breaking and replacing the block. I'll take a look if there's any alternative way to do it, but this doesn't seem to be something I can fix.

11. carlucci

updated report, password locked: password sent to discord (will always be that password)

Attached Files:

12. jje64

jje64 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey @nickc01, are you still working on this?