1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Smart Tubes 1.2.5

The smart way to transfer items around in Starbound

1. carlucci

carlucci Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dude your response time is on point. I'm happy to send you a donation for your hard work bro. What's your PayPal account. I'll try those tonight and get back to you. That's the simple part of it, it's gonna get very complex but the goal is to see if I can accomplish automatic transmission and crafting. Using startech autocratic with your tubes to make it true auto craft. I'll send you video when I'm done.

AngleWyrm likes this.
  2. carlucci

so far so good, still working on the setup....anyway you can get your items to work on a network relay, the one that comes in two of the mods i have

Attached Files:

3. carlucci

Nick,

any,^#liquid,^#seed -------------------> #liquid item type working, but not #seed...could it be a different name ? NEVERMIND GOT IT, SEED IS NOT A item type, but a item category...huh...

also would love to be able to drag a config file back into add confing to make changes or edit it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  4. nickc01

nickc01 Phantasmal Quasar

All The Types I could find are these:
    • liquid
    • material
    • object
    • miningtool
    • flashlight
    • harvestingtool
    • tillingtool
    • consumable
    • blueprint
    • codex
    • instrument
    • thrownitem
    • unlockitem
    • activeitem
    • Any items that don't fall into the above Types will be generic
    I found these at the bottom of the player.config file.

Hmm, I'll see what I can do to fix the issue.

Another thing you could try is using the & operator, like "&seed", which means that it will select any items with names that contain the word "seed" in it.

Good idea, I'll see if I can work it into the next update.

AngleWyrm likes this.
  5. carlucci

Which idea, configuration edit or able to use relay as shown in photo I attached ? Or both ?

What would also be nice is, and I'm just tossing ideas around....when you drop say a block in the configuration window, a small info window on side pops up to show category name, internal tag name, item name, all possible info that I might have missed also to take the guess work out of it all. This mod is going to be huge for people and I'm gonna promote it in a big way. Let's see those changes. I'll share more ideas with you as they come. Ill,send photo tomorrow of what I was picturing.

6. carlucci

First off let me say this mod is amazing and great and i cant say enough good thigns about it. Truly it doesnt need to be changed. However, I can see it evolving into something more and more people will use...

First Photo: so my first idea was to have on the left the starbound types, so people who dont know like me have the info right
    there. You could even make each one a button so when i put my cursor in the item name field I can click
    on one and it populates into the field. Next idea, in the middle at the bottom are shortcuts, speeds thigns up less typing without taking away for the user
    to still want to type if they want.
    menu_carlucci ideas.jpg

Second Photo: Lastly, when you drop lets say a Durasteel ore into the config file, it populates info about that file.
    its item category, item type, internal id, etc.....
    so on the left maybe it would list
    ITEM NAME: DURASTEELORE
    (@)ITEM CATEGORY: ORE
    (#) ITEM TYPE: CRAFTING MATERIAL
    (&) ITEM SPECIFIC WORDS: ORE
    (?)INTERNAL ID:
    menu_carlucci  ideas part2.jpg

7. carlucci

Nick one last idea I had was to have smart tubes use terminal attached to the tunes to see all attached storage, use relays to extend wireless pipe distance and edit configuration file without having to start a new one everytime.

8. nickc01

I was referring to the idea of editing an already added configuration. I was thinking of adding an "Edit" button next to the "Remove Config" button

Neat Idea, Another option is to maybe put the types inside the help sections. I might even do the same thing with item categories too.

Sounds cool, although in the IO Conduit, that space is used for the insert ID. I can however expand the boundaries of the window and rearrange it a little to allow it to fit.

I was thinking about doing something like that for a while now. That would be a very useful thing to use.

A terminal is actually one of the things I've been working on recently for the next update

[​IMG]

It's still very early in progress and the UI is still under heavy construction, but the goal is to have a terminal that allows you to see your entire conduit system, access all your items, and hopefully allow you to make changes to any of the extractions conduits, insert conduits, etc in your system. Plus the color of the terminal can be customized to be any color you want.

Katorone and AngleWyrm like this.
  9. carlucci

cant find ID tag for like legwear, chestwear, augments dont know what internal catagory they fall under....tried everything.....short of doing &.....every name in the book.

10. carlucci

Wow, most devs just take ideas giving to them as an insult, not you...when the next update and what would it have...very eager to be your beta tester.

Let's exchange discord, steam names or Facebook info. So we can chat...I'm 36, stay at home dad. Rich is my name

11. carlucci

Nick when I dump All of My Loot in my main Bin, my conduit has a speed upgrade of 20 and a stack upgrade of 10 but it's still going slow? What causes the lag? is wired conduits faster than Wireless?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  12. carlucci

another good idea, is when you move your conduits, the cong files stay in tack.

13. carlucci

crap man the more i use it hardcore the more ideas i have, lets say you want to use the same config for a different Conduit, as button that says copy config and a button that says paste.

14. carlucci

i hope you dont mind me flooding your page.....your the only one can help me..So startech's ore named "Resonite Ore" doesnt want to pull even when i drop the gem into the box.. Startech Resonite Ore Not pulling.png

15. carlucci

I'd like to shoot you a donation, send me private message I'll send to your PayPal. Instead of flooding this page all the time, can we hook up on discord or TeamSpeak or something.

16. nickc01

This seems to be a bug when there's a lot of configs added in a conduit. I'll see if I can publish a fix for it later today.

Cool Idea. It is possible to store data about the conduit in it's item form when your break it, but those conduits won't be able to stack inside of the inventory. What I could do is make a checkbox so that when it's checked and the conduit is broken, the contents are retained. It can even be done so upgrades are stored as well.

A Copy and Paste System would be pretty cool thing to have.

I should probably keep these ideas jotted down somewhere.

I think you found another bug where it's unable to detect a colon [ : ] in the item name, I should be able to fix that one soon too. Thanks for letting me know, I wouldn't have found this otherwise.

I really do appreciate the offer, but right now I don't have a paypal account set up.
    This is a project I have been working on in my spare time, which will be in short supply when I start
    my new job soon. I'm happy to provide help with questions about my projects, but beyond that I just
    want to keep things simple. So I'd like to keep our discussions here, so that other people might benefit
    from it.

17. nickc01

18. carlucci

That's cool. I hope you can get all those ideas done before your new job. Its my Main heart of starbound.

19. carlucci

Carlucci IDEA List and Troubleshoot for Nick C...i will keep this list active for us and for anyone else wanting to pitch in. May i just add, your mod is amazing by itself. In no way am I trying to diminish anythhing you have accomplished. I have several friends using this now and they are amazed. I have alot more people jumping on board.

• Copy and Paste feature for config
    • Store data within Conduit upon break via check mark, its ok if it doesnt stack !
    • Editing an already added configuration. I was thinking of adding an "Edit" button next to the "Remove Config" buttonor put the types inside the help sections. I might even do the same thing with item categories too.
    • Terminal attachment....in progress
    • Menu buttons (all items, item catagory, item type, exclude and use specific word with in text) shortcut buttons for less typing, as seen in photo above.
    • Auto populate item information to take out guess work for each item, as seen in photo above
    • Multi configs present slow transport, even with max upgrades. ( I have 20 configs for one conduit as an example)
    • Able to use inhouse or startechmod's network relay to extend wireless distance. Does not work as of yet.
    • Updated idea 01/02/18 @13:36am> since we can use the option leave certian amount of resource behind, how about send a certain amount only. Like I need to send coal to 3 generators, but i need them to all have some and not just one. So if we can cap off, then i can send 50 to each. I figured a way to use put into left,right to share one conduit. we will see how it works.
    • Looks like having coal sent to generator not working, If I put insert into slot 1, It gets lost for good, slot 2 and it pops out or gets lost for good.....cant auto feed them as of yet lostcoal for startech generator.png Unable to share coal with one conduit. Will have to seperate them somehow. coal just gets lost for good. Seems to be working if I just hook up one with slots listed as ANY, not 1 or 2 which would be first inclination. I could also try having one gen leave 1oo coal behind, then 2nd gen, leave 50 and last leave none. i can play with numbers.
    • Quick note, when you bring up conduit menu for config, you have to close out of it before you can move around, Most of the time i can walk away from all other menus and it closes out for me. All other menus close out while walking away from machine or item that has menu open
    Also will included a collection of past photos i worked on as a visual referance and any others I will put here. images.jpg menu_carlucci ideas.jpg menu_carlucci  ideas part2.jpg

Startech has an autosmelter, but its only true to its name when used with Smarts Tubes... Untitled4.png Untitled5.png

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  20. carlucci

Found hudge bug....adding multiple item names seperated by comma to on config causing corruption to player file and sometimes file name not recigniced due to comma. Must keep each line item seperate.

for example, i was putting > &Bus,&Rail into one config, so I thought thats how you do it, plus it saves tons of configs......wonder why files being pulled at first but after time or I come back, not pulling anymore till i kept names sepereate.