1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Smart Tubes 1.2.5

The smart way to transfer items around in Starbound

1. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I've noticed a bug. I had a lot of spare saplings from my orchard and wanted to process them in my extractor (Frackin' Universe), so I set up some tubes to move saplings from a crate into the extractor, and some to move out the results. Worked fine, and I just love how you can specify slots, BTW.

Then I went to check my bees at the other side of my base, and when I came back... the production had stopped, because the extractor's input slots were clogged with Perfectly Generic Items! Somehow, while I was "out of range", the saplings were treated as PGIs.

In addition, I had another pipe set up to transfer liquid protocite into my centrifuge, and most of it vanished, somehow.

2. the nagash

the nagash Void-Bound Voyager

More Suggestions? (I have nothing better to do at work all day) Anyway, to get an option to "leave" a certain amount alone, not extracted? Like maybe take all but 1 to make future quick stacking easier. Seeds for example. I want to harvest and quick stack and tube transport but I don't want to run out of certain seeds by processing them in a frackin machine

3. nickc01

nickc01 Phantasmal Quasar

This seems to be a pretty complex bug to tackle, but it's getting closer to being fixed. I'll update as soon as I get it fully working.

I was thinking of implementing something like that. Should be really useful :)

the nagash likes this.
  4. nickc01

5. nickc01

6. nickc01

7. Regedit2000

Regedit2000 Void-Bound Voyager

In the file "SmartTubes\Functions\StringingFunctions.lua", in function TranslateStringsFromString(STR) you need to change the pattern "%w+" to "%w_+" to support names with a symbol "_" (for example, this required for item from "FrackinUniverse" mod)

8. nickc01

You got a good point there. Thanks for letting me know. I"ll see if I can get an update pushed sometime later today :)

9. nickc01

10. Mooncalf99

The speed and stack upgrades don't seem to do anything, because everything moves at the same speed and at the same one-item rate. Do you have to do something with them other than put them in the provided slot?

11. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Did you put the speed upgrades in the upper slot and the stack upgrades in the lower slot? That's all that was needed at my end.

12. Mooncalf99

Okay, I see my mistake. I have to put multiple copies of the same upgrade in the slot to get an effect, not just one. Now it works properly. Also, it doesn't seem like the choice of slot matters at all.

13. nickc01

Yeah, I'm redoing the upgrade system to work more properly in the 1.0 update.

The update is roughly 80% complete, so it will hopefully be out soon :)

14. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

this is a very cool idea, great for automation.....but it does bog things down rather severely. i had 4 systems set up on a hydroponics (FU) farm that would take water and fertilizer to each hydroponics tray from a container, and which would return the crops to that same container, with 15 hydroponics trays and one container per crop. by the time i'd set up my fourth system, the game was crawling >.>. did i ask too much of these? is this just a thing i need to expect, because of the constantly moving items? or did i just set up too much conduit or something? like, can i get rid of the top pipe and it'd run more efficiently? below is a screenshot of the system from when i had two of the systems set up. the blue and green items are the water and fertilizer going out to the trays, while the red items are the crops returning.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  15. nickc01

Yeah, the current beta doesn't have alot of performance optimization, however, that's what I've been focused on for a while now. I"m working on providing performance improvements for the 1.0 update (which should released be very soon now). I think a temporary fix would be to put the hydroponics trays into sets of two, have a single extraction conduit in between each of them and have configs for each side.

16. BreakingForce

awesome, glad to hear it. is there a firm-ish eta on when the update will be out?

also, is there any way to tell the extractor to leave one of a given item in a slot, but take the rest? for example, i want to leave one or two seeds per hydroponics tray, but any additional ones that are generated can go back to the container.

edit: FU just came out with an item transfer system of it's own, but this does just about exactly what i want, and is much more intuitive

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  17. nickc01

If I"m lucky, then maybe in a week, if not, then it would more likely be 2 weeks.

I actually just finished implementing such a feature, I've done vigorous testing with it and I hope it all works out smoothly :)

18. BreakingForce

:D nice. i hope so too :p

19. nickc01

The update is almost done :)
    Should be very soon now...

[​IMG]

20. nickc01

nickc01 updated Smart Tubes with a new update entry:

Mega 1.0 Update