1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Smart Tubes 1.2.5

The smart way to transfer items around in Starbound

1. nickc01

nickc01 Phantasmal Quasar

Strange, i mimicked the system on the right exactly and I"m also experiencing the same issue, I"ll post a quick fix when ready

2. nickc01

3. nickc01

4. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

5. nickc01

Awesome :D Glad you like it

6. Dekeon

Dekeon Phantasmal Quasar

Can you add an access terminal to pull items from the network? I love to have a single drop box send everything to my huge main storage boxes, then use terminals at a few select locations in my crafting workshop to pull what I need without having to run back and forth across my workshop.

Also, are there plans to revise the pipe graphics? They look strange and kind of flat the way they are now.

7. nickc01

The Access terminal is under consideration, I do plan on implementing something like that in a future release

And About the Pipes, yeah, they are kind of flat, I"ll probably revise them in the future, but I"m not really great at pixel art, so if anybody is willing to do some pixel art, that would be nice :)

8. alabastorr

alabastorr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe you could use a pipe asset already in game and recolor it?

Zlyvr likes this.
  9. nickc01

10. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Huh. This looks pretty neat, reminds me of itemducts from minecrafts thermal expansion mod. i wonder if it would be possible to have these transmit a form of power?

11. the nagash

the nagash Void-Bound Voyager

Can't seem to get the extraction to correctly pull from particular slots. Using anything other than "any" causes it to just not work. (how does the format go for using a dash? " 2-10 or 2 - 10" as an example? either doesn't seem to want to work either) Once, using commas worked, but i cold not replicate the effects.
    Also, the button remove a extraction setting sometimes doesn't work and i have to remove the block and replace it down.

side note, can we get a feature to edit already submitted entries?

Apart from the said issues, i love the mod :3

12. nickc01

Can you try showing me your starbound.log? It should show me where in the code it is crashing.

And the spaces in the format are ignored,even something like "2 abc - 10" should work, it ignores alphabetical characters.

sounds like a good idea, I'll probably incorporate it in the 1.0 update coming soon, or in later updates.

13. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would it be possible to add fluid intake-outtake pipes? So you could automate liquid collection?

14. nickc01

I think that would be a really cool idea. I"ll see if I can get that incorporated in the future.

15. nickc01

the nagash likes this.
  16. nickc01

17. the nagash

Heck ya. Issue isn't a problem for me so far. Tested out with the iron ore and its pulled correctly from the specified slots. Super excited to get into finishing up my sorting stuff.

Suggestion, is it possible mod a "quick setup" for id locations for items? like how shift+click auto transfers an item, it can maybe auto setup the data and i can just shift+click multiple items without having to drag n drop n drag n drop n drag?

18. the nagash

update. So far im unsure if im doing anything wrong specifically or not, but the extraction randomly doesn't pay attention to the set id location or what the item name to withdraw is. Had to breakdown a couple of my conduits since it started tossing organic'ish (phase matter, living roots, frackin universe silicon, etc) items into my ore chest when only iron was set to withdraw.

edit: seems to be less random and just ignores the item name altogether and treats it as "any"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  19. nickc01

I think that's a neat idea. I"ll keep it in mind.

I checked and I apparently made a typo that made items be treated as "any", my bad.

20. nickc01