1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Smart Crew 1.3.5

When you don't like your crew moshing on the teleporter making ya'll look line a canned sardines.

1. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

I see performance I insta like...

2. Predilecta

Predilecta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Link Off :C

Chucklefish Forums - Error
    This attachment cannot be shown at this time. Please try back later.

3. metamorphexx

metamorphexx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm now currently on the test phase of the next update, it's more of a massive cleanup with new behaviors. I will also exposing the github repo right after. So if you have any issues feature request, pull requests, post it there so I can keep things on track.

4. metamorphexx

metamorphexx updated Smart Crew with a new update entry:

Behaviors!

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. metamorphexx

GitHub repo is now open for all. Do pull requests if you think you've buffed the mod. Link is at the this mod's overview page.

6. NightmareDL

NightmareDL Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ship npc behaviours should have been ingame since day 1
    Sweat you mean they will have a debuff?
    Can you change the aoe dmg to self dmg?
    Do they produce items?
    Giving them stuff to use would be nice (i mean so they create potions and stuff) , also changing soldiers weapons , so far it seems it can be done with codes only

7. metamorphexx

Ship npc behaviours should have been ingame since day 1 - True, another thing is modding behavior is quite hard, I can't get my hands on what actually runs each behavior script, so everything is tied to a module which then is connected to "Wander" behavior (I picked this because of the occurence). They should've placed a guide somewhere, and people at discord aren't very helpful.

Sweat you mean they will have a debuff? - No debuffs, just an animation to add spice to their autonomous behavior

Can you change the aoe dmg to self dmg? - Currently I haven't found a way to do so, What I can do is to reduce the chance that this will occur.

Do they produce items? - They can't currently, but it's moddable.

Giving them stuff to use would be nice (i mean so they create potions and stuff) , also changing soldiers weapons , so far it seems it can be done with codes only - Already in my list, I hate them dying mid-quest, so making them use potion would be cool.

Currently, I just wanna play the game, so no activities on proceeding with the development.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  8. NightmareDL

NightmareDL Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for the detailed answer , it looks like you have been working a lot on this mod , good job
    Ill restart playing the game soon and seems like this mod will be on my must have list
    This game has a good potential but the more i play the more "lacking" stuff i find
    Edit: not very related to this mod but is there anything that can be done to pet Poptops ship behaviour? The cute song gets cut and it becames a song of hell , incredibly frustrating , also the walking range is kinda small

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  9. TrueDefiant

TrueDefiant Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, I've recently installed the updated version of this mod and I've noticed that my crew seems to be completely still. They're not doing their scheduled tasks and I was wondering whether or not it has something to do with this mod, or if there's a conflicting mod somewhere.

Every time I open my logs, this particular error always pops up: https://pastebin.com/DuKZ4DYF
    I hope you look into it :)

metamorphexx likes this.
  10. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

This usually happens when I upgrade the ship so I just re-install it and it somehow works again.

11. TrueDefiant

Doesn't seem to work for me. Reinstalled the mod and they're still not doing anything besides talking.

Same error appears tho. https://pastebin.com/8irQmT2Q

metamorphexx likes this.
  12. metamorphexx

If you're experiencing the crew standing still and not doing anything, it's because the majority of the scheduler merges succeeding items of the same task, if the RNG chooses the crew to sit for 4 in-game hours (or whichever unit), you'll either see them sit at that span, and so on. I have to admit that I didn't see this coming due to lack of feedback on the actual long-term gameplay (Most of the feedback I get are either feature requests, and etc.). Obviously, it needs more balancing.

Also I've noticed that the "patrol" behavior sometimes doesn't work which leads the crew to standing still, combined with other behaviors, it gives you longer static result. I'll also look into this.

Looking at the log, the error doesn't seem to come from my mod because I never had this file specified in the first line:

[Error] Exception caught loading asset: /quests/generated/pools/npcthreats.config, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /quests/generated/pools/npcthreats.config

It will also help if you can provide me these infos:
    • List the all mods you have or, the mods that you think that conflicts with it.
    • What was the last version of SmartCrew that you're using that worked for you before you did update?
    • Did the mod worked before you updated it to the current?
    I'll look into it as soon as my lazy nature doesn't get ahead of me (Sorry about this :oops:).

Edit: Thanks for the feedback btw, and surprisingly, a lot of you people are using my mod from here and Steam X3. I didn't see this coming due to the nature of this mod.

13. TrueDefiant

Here's my collection of mods: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1390306093
    I suspect 'Rogues Out Camping' might be the issue, since I've had issues in the past with his mod relating to npcthreats.config before. However, I can't confirm this.

The last one that worked for me was actually before 1.4. After 1.4 was released, I downloaded the new patch you released to fix up some issues. During this time, I've noticed that this error pops up alongside another error regarding 'Rogues Out Camping', so I figured that the 2 errors are linked to 'Rogues Out Camping' and waited for a patch. But after a long break, I noticed this error pops up even tho the other error was already patched, and looking at the error logs, I figured it might have something to do with 'Smart Crew' instead.

Yeah, pre 1.4, the mod was working fine.

14. metamorphexx

metamorphexx updated Smart Crew with a new update entry:

Anchors and More!

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. Crystal232

Crystal232 Big Damn Hero

I love this idea- Unfortunately whenever I am using this the game has hanging lag, I am thinking it's because I am using other big mods but idk for sure. Think you'll ever come out with a .pak file? I know those load quicker, I more wonder if it'd fix my issue.

16. metamorphexx

For non-steam users who wanted to use a .pak version instead. Try this link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xiflr2050x71kaf/Smart_Crew.pak/file

Side note:

I'm currently on a hiatus on developing this mod since I've hit a certain wall in its development. Though I really want this to improve further, I need to be able to adjust core features from the game itself. Something modding is quite shy of due to the fact that most of it are just limited scripts and configs. Also, overhauling the whole behavior config is quite impractical and defeats the purpose of this mod being compatible with almost everything.