Modding Help SMAPI

Discussion in 'Mods' started by xooemilyy, Mar 5, 2016.

1. xooemilyy

xooemilyy Seal Broken

how do i get it into my game so my mods can work?

thank you ♡

• Powermate

Powermate Space Spelunker

So first of all where did you place your mods?

Second you need the SMAPI https://github.com/Zoryn4163/SMAPI/releases Download the latest version of it.

Then extract the StardewModding API and steam_appid into the main directory of Stardew Valley, for me its in here because i use steam: "Programfiles x86/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley".

After you've done this put your mods into the "Mods" folder in the Stardew Valley Folder if dont exist create one then start the StardeModdingAPI.exe not the Stardew Valley.exe! After that a little window will popup where the mods are gonna be loaded and then the game starts and you can play with your mods.

• Sky303

Sky303 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have a question, is SMAPI a .dll injector? I had issues with getting a virus from a mod in the past and am curious what the consensus is on how safe it is :S

• Powermate

Dont worry it is safe antiviruses are tending to freakout over those things so thats normal.

Sky303 likes this.
          • Sky303

Sky303 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yea, I use to ignore my antivirus (the very nature of .dll injectors are suspicious) until I got a Keylogger from one though, so i am more wary now. Thanks!

• Powermate

Depends on from which source youre downloading stuff enoug insecure sites/forums online but this one is secure even if there will be something like that this person will be instant banned if someone notices that.

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

For all who face a few problems like i did with SMAPI the last 24h hours:
                1. Make sure you have NET Framework 4.5 installed.
                2. Make sure that your AntiVirus dont block it!
                3. Right click on the SMAPI exe and set it in the porpertys to start as Administator.

-OPTIONAL- (i prefer to do it this way)
                4. To have a easy installation of SMAPI i sugesst you to use SDVMM by yuukiw.
                -Simple mod manager that can manage DLL and XNB mods and Install also SMAPI.
                (To use it just start it once, then close it, unpack the SMAPI into the "Update" Folder and trow all
                mods you want to get added into the "tobeinstalled" Folder. Then start SDVMM again and use it.
                The simple interface of it is selfexplaining.)

I had all 4 problems. And it was a huge mess to figure it out without having any idear what all the error's want from me.
                Hope this little post here will help a few that face the same as me. :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
                  Powermate likes this.
                • Powermate

Well im okay with the 3 points, but the fourth idk ö.ö i mean you can just put the mods into the main directory of Stardew Valley in the Mods folder there because SMAPI uses both this in the main directory and the on in %appdata% so ist doesnt make any difference in which mod folder you put your mods just saying :D
                  If you need to config something its faster to get into the main directory than going first into appdata for me for example.

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Well, for me it was a bloddy mess to find the location of appdata/save's and the exe location. So, it can be helpful, thats why only "suggest it".
                    Everyone can still install SMAPI how he/she wants it. But i'll edit a litte. :)

• woogie

woogie Void-Bound Voyager

• Powermate

The problem is not every mod has updated to 0.37 yet so i prefer using 0.36 till that happens so i can use the mods i want to use :3

• EEE ? ? ?

EEE ? ? ? Yeah, You!

Are you able to Ban people using SMAPI ?

• tattooedvixenxo

tattooedvixenxo Space Hobo

Okay so this is the same exact issue I am having but you are all using very technical terms lol
                          Could we dumb this down a bit?
                          I would really love to mod!