RELEASED [SMAPI] Xnb Loader 1.1.10

Safely load custom xnb files without touching your Content directory!

1. Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I've only been to two locations so far but I'll assume it's the same situation for the rest as well. They're just not showing up at all for me. The basement, the SeedShop... you didn't make a Greenhouse.xnb edit, but the one I made isn't showing up for me either anymore haha. :(

It also seems the Tools.xnb edits aren't showing up too. Looks like SDV 1.2 really wants everyone to work their butts off to get back to how things were!

Karmylla likes this.
    • lyscir

lyscir Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was playing a bit and I noticed that map files aren't being loaded as well, Carpenter's, seedshop, clints, guild's places is where i went and none of the custom stuff was loaded. I don't have the greenhouse so I don't know if that is affect or not.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Shed.xnb in ModContent/Maps isn't working either. Did these get moved?

Edit: After further testing, the following resulted:

* Ento Framework 1.7.1 and XNB Loader 1.0.6 is being used
        * XNB Loader states that it replaces the correct number of files
        * Shed.xnb is not changed even though it is in the correct folder (Mods/XnbLoader/ModContent/Maps/). This file is NOT one that requires ALL to function, it is just an xnb edit file that gives me twice the space.
        * ModContent/Loose Sprites/Cursors.xnb was successfully replaced by the mod (Bouncy Chests dig spots), therefore it is not a general failure.
        * Replacing the file manually in Stardew Valley/Content/Maps/Shed.xnb DID work

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
        • BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

YEah
          YEah, my Tools.xnb mod isnt loading either.

Im guessing XNB loader doesnt load XNBs that arent compatible with 1.2 and just loads the vanilla one instead.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I think there's just a similar issue to what the Furniture.xnb file had before, because it also wasn't loading previously and Ento had to do some work. I've even used the 1.2 Tools.xnb, recolored it and put it into XNB Loader and it didn't work. Something about the files must have been changed.

• BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

I beleive it has something to do with the Objectinformation.yaml file. Some were made into new formats that were incompatible with earlier versions of sdv.

Why chucklefish did this, is beyond me...

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I likely will have to whitelist the shed as a static file... why CF made so many files static makes no sense... >_<
                Incorrect, xnb loader doesnt know if a file is 1.2 compatible or not, it doesnt even know if its the correct file, it only cares about there being a file with the correct name.
                Most likely this yes, CF seems to have changed a lot of things to be static for no good reason, and EntoFramework cant handle static files if it doesnt know the file is static, hence me needing to manually whitelist every static file I discover exists >_<

Xuomi likes this.
                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ok, a new version of EntoFramework has been released that fixes locations not showing up (CF moved those to their own content manager for god knows why >_<) and properly fixed the tools whitelisting so it *should* now work without issues....

• mehve

mehve Master Chief

Hello, I'm having some trouble getting Xnb Loader to work with a custom animal mod. The game runs without issue, I just don't see the custom skin and I get a message: 'The Entoarox Framework mod failed on entry initialisation.' after the file redirect in the SMAPI terminal (see attached the error log). I've tried this with a couple different .xnb mods (other custom asset skins, custom dialogue) and get the same error message.

Here's the version info: Stardew Valley 1.2 (on Steam, Mac OSX), SMAPI 1.12, Entoarox Framework v1.7.9, Xnb Loader v1.0.6

This is the mod from the error log: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/623/?

I installed Entoarox Framework and Xnb Loader by placing the unzipped folders in the same directory where I put my other SMAPI mods: <game folder>/Mods/!EntoaroxFramework/ and <game folder>/Mods/XnbLoader/ respectively, then I dropped 'Blue Chicken.xnb' in XnbLoader/ModContent/Animals/.

I've tried to investigate the cause of the error message, but I'm still not sure what's going on. Has anyone seen this error message before?

Attached Files:

• hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

I am having an issue where I need XNBloader to load before everything else except entoarox framework. If I change the folder name (add a symbol to the front) will it completely mess up XNBloader?

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

While I cannot answer whether adding a symbol to the front would break the mod completely, Ento specifically made the mod load last because it doesn't want to work properly when loading before other mods like his Framework, ALL, and who knows what else. While making the mod load first may fix your specific issue, it's highly likely it would break most if not all other mods that require XNBLoader, so I would highly suggest trying to find a workaround.

What issue are you having that needs XNBLoader to load first....well, second?

• hwayunhae

The specific issue is that MysticTempest's Tea Mod, More Crops (these due to ShopExtender), and ALL (due to some of the location mods) all require files which are loaded into XNBLoader, but since XNBLoader loads AFTER those files currently, so SMAPI throws an error about the required assets being missing, which slows down load time a bit, and doesn't load for instance, the shops that are supposed to have the new items in them. I figured if I could get those mods loaded AFTER XnbLoader, I could fix the problem. But I don't code, I photoshop, so I have no idea what to change.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

XnbLoader is currently not officially compatible with loading SMAPI-related content from anywhere but vanilla Content, but prefixing the folder name with a exclaimation mark (!) should not break anything as far as I know, at the same time, if it *does* break something, it is not currently treated as a bug.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am afraid that this looks to be an issue SMAPI itself is having, as XnbLoader does not perform any Type loading whatsoever, please go there to ask for a answer to this problem.

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, then I know your pain. Currently building a map mod while using XNB and ALL, and just ran into that brick wall myself.

So, is that a feature that is possible/planned to be added in the future? I suspect it'd be a long time coming if so...

• hwayunhae

Changing the name of the XNBLoader file didn't fix it, but I had an idea. I'm thinking if I change the dependency of ALL (on my personal save) and of Shop Extender, to include XNBLoader....it might force SMAPI to load them after XNBL, due to them having XNBL as a dependency. If that works, you can add a note in your mod post that they'll have to change the dependency line in ALL's manifest.json (in notepad) in order for it to work as intended.

I'll test it in the morning. (Right now I'm photoshop and tIDE merging some maps and spritesheets for personal use. ....cause I want all the things, but don't want to bug the modders to have them combine all their stuff just for little ol' me. <3 )

• mehve

mehve Master Chief

Will do, thank you for your help!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

SMAPI is adding a dependency mechanic sometime soon, mods that rely on messing with Content should then add XnbLoader as a "optional dependency", this makes it so that *if* XnbLoader is installed, it gets loaded first.

• Katzvielle

Katzvielle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: May 30, 2017
                                      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

XnbLoader is currently not compatible with other mods that work with custom content, it is simply a fact of the limits between SDV and SMAPI.