RELEASED [SMAPI] Variable Grass Growth

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by dantheman999, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Pixielst

Pixielst Seal Broken

One vote for STORM version.

• Andrej363

Andrej363 Phantasmal Quasar

two votes for storm version. please make this thing happen D:

• evilpdor

evilpdor Void-Bound Voyager

Pixielst likes this.
      • SheepR

SheepR Space Hobo

• does this work with SV 1.11 or SMAPI-0.40.1.1-3

• Maverynthia

Maverynthia Orbital Explorer

It doesn't even load as a mod in SMAPI. I tried to get it to load by making a Manifest.json and it will load then, however it doesn't actually work and only tell you what the normal grass growth rate was (between 0 and 2). It doesn't even read it's own .ini file.

So it seems that it's broken for SMAPI 40.

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

Are y'all using the original version or the one posted by @evilpdor? Posted Here

• 2yammy4u

2yammy4u Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same problems as mentioned above - it doesn't seem to be resognised as a mod by SMAPI.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I tried both. Neither of them load. It's too bad, I'd like to use a mod with this feature.

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

Hmm odd, I decided to give it a go and after I created the manifest mine loads and seems to "activate" fine..
                  I haven't tested it though but I'll upload mine and you guys can give it a go, just extract the folder into your mods directory..

Code:
                  [10:59:27.894 AM] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\VariableGrass\manifest.json
                  [10:59:27.910 AM] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\VariableGrass\psconfigs
                  [10:59:27.926 AM] Loading Mod DLL...
                  [10:59:27.926 AM] LOADED MOD: VariableGrass by dantheman999 - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Variable Grass (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\VariableGrass\VariableGrass.dll)

Attached Files:

joyous.ariella and nevyn21 like this.
                  • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Your version loads and seems to be working. (I'm not pedantic enough to count grass but my grass line is creeping forward against my animal horde)

Thanks!

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

Awesome, and yeah I was too lazy to sleep a few weeks and count the grass :p

• fudge5962

fudge5962 Phantasmal Quasar

Is this mod dead? I installed it with SMAPI 1.2 and it doesn't appear to be doing anything. I even set ludicrously high values to test and saw no noticeable change. Can't find anything like this in the forums. /:

EDIT: If anybody is lurking here, I think I found the problem. The source code looks like it attempts to get the XNB file for the farm, but it has not been updated to accommodate the new farm types and their individual XNB files. I'm pretty sure that is the issue, but I don't know how to fix it. If somebody does, then this could be updated and used again.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
                        • fudge5962

fudge5962 Phantasmal Quasar

joyous.ariella likes this.
                        • joyous.ariella

joyous.ariella Space Penguin Leader

@fudge5962 thanks for helping out the lurkers <3 I've been waiting for someone to update this

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• KageSama19

KageSama19 Space Hobo

Skipped VariableGrass_1.3c_SMAPI_0.37 because it doesn't have a manifest.