Modding Discussion [SMAPI] Stardew version 1.3 - Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Digus, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Are there any plans for when version 1.3 arrives with multiplayer?

Is the game expected to work in multiplayer with the same simple mods installed on both ends? Or SMAPI is not even expected to work with that version at first?

When de-compiling and investigating the code we can see lots of lines related to multiplayer. Are them some let over from CA first attempt on multiplayer or those are code that is supposed to work when multiplayer arrives?

I know for sure that Animal husbandry mod won't work in multiplayer since it uses custom tools and I ignored most of the multiplayer code I saw (to sync animation and stuff). That and json files per save, there is no way one machine can see which animals were impregnated on the other end.
    SMAPI will probably need to implement a way to exchange info between server and client.

Are these things being discussed or for now we just have to wait for the beta to arrives?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I'm aiming for a compatible SMAPI beta on the same day as the Stardew Valley 1.3 beta, at least for single-player. The multiplayer logic already in the code is leftover from early development; the actual multiplayer code will be very different. We don't have enough info about multiplayer yet to know how mods will be affected or how they'll work in multiplayer.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Ok, thank for the info.
        So basically our work can only starts when the beta is released.