Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks for reporting it. That's a bug in the latest SMAPI release; I'll post a new update soon.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, Pathos. There is currently an issue with SMAPI/XNBLoader interactivity, and possibly also ALL. Whenever map mods are loaded via ALL or XNBLoader, the tilesheets are being improperly loaded, usually causing maps with proper paths layers, but improper everything else. This is usually very visible in winter, which you can see via the following images:

http://imgur.com/a/TC696
      http://imgur.com/a/zz7hl

No error logs are generated by this, as the game thinks everything is being loaded correctly. The second image is loaded by XNBLoader, which up until recently was properly loading the winter tilesheet. The first one was loaded by ALL, which has been doing this since the translation update. According to Ento, XNBLoader no longer uses an internal content manager, so the issue is with SMAPI. I assume the issue with ALL is the same/related.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @13akoors.
        • Which version of ALL was the translation update?
        • Can you attach or link to an XNBLoader mod that reproduces that issue?

• 13akoors

It's happened on all map mods I've used, except for ones that have no seasonal maps. Guess I'll just link my own: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/revised-stardew-maps-rsm.135896/

No, not an ALL update, the Stardew Valley update. 1.2, which added language support.

To give further information, XNBLoader properly loaded in maps prior to this latest update. ALL hasn't worked since at least 2 versions ago. Looking at it now, I feel like it hasn't worked correctly since your first patch, actually.

Now I feel bad, because it seems like I'm blaming you for all the issues, which is not my intent :(

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@13akoors No worries. I'm not surprised we found an issue (since Entoarox Framework was rewritten and it's using an experimental SMAPI feature), but it's unfortunate this one wasn't caught during beta testing. I'll be moving this weekend, so I'm not sure I'll be able to fix it before next week (but I'll try!).

Does this happen with only XnbLoader maps (if you don't install ALL)?

• 13akoors

Last I tested, it didn't. However, that was prior to the most recent update. Before that, all maps loading with XNB worked, and all maps with ALL didn't. I'll test if that's still true and get back to you

• 13akoors

Okay, so this is really weird. I made sure to do a full, fresh install (despite having done so the first time) just to say that 100% had. I installed only TrainerMod, XNB and EntoFramework, and used the default farm map from Tego's Stardew Expansion, which now works via XNBLoader and ALL (http://community.playstarbound.com/...xpansion-neos-home-for-abandoned-mods.135898/). The Farm map itself only needs XNBLoader.

Just for some background, the issue that was occurring before the latest patch was that if you play the game in a single sitting, the tilesheets would load correctly, but if you closed and reopened that file, the tilesheets would load incorrectly. So, I tested loading normally by skipping to Fall 28 via Trainer, then loading Winter 1 (best visually seen).

So, I loaded the Farm map alone, then used Trainer and normal loading to reach Winter 1, Farm looks 100% correct.
                Closed to desktop and reopened the file. Still correct.
                Advanced a day. Still correct.

Then I added ALL, but still only used the farm map. Did all of the above again, and it worked correctly.

Then I loaded the full mod, including the portions that require ALL. Did the above, and the maps loaded by ALL stopped loading the tilesheets correctly upon reload, but the Farm map kept working correctly. But now there is a WARN message saying the following:

I imagine this is why the ALL files are not working correctly. But now for whatever reason, the error just stopped occuring, even going back to how it was pre-update. So, whatever the issue that's left is, it appears to just be an ALL issue, or a SMAPI/ALL compatibility issue.

And yes, I checked. I didn't revert to the old versions. Maybe it was something that only appeared in 15.2, and 15.3 fixed it...

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.15.4-alpha.1 is now available for Linux/Mac/Windows. This is an experimental preview build which fixes issues in Entoarox Framework, Advanced Location Loader, and XNB Loader.

(I'm moving this weekend, but I'll review any feedback as soon as I can.)

[Edit: download removed. See the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
                  • santobi2

santobi2 Intergalactic Tourist

update : its an Error with the tractor mod after as soon as i build the garage im not able to load my farm anymore

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@santobi2 If you post your save files, I'll fix it for you. That seems to be a bug affecting a few players; there are some changes in the upcoming Tractor Mod 4.1 that should hopefully prevent that from happening.

• santobi2

that are all the files for the map i have

Attached Files:

• Xangar

Xangar Void-Bound Voyager

So, it's not a real issue for me, but my game crashed twice now.
                          I'm doing a semi-legit run (have some edited stats, freeze time inside and such) and accidentally bought a Silver Saber at the Guild (750g). My mouse sometimes freaks out, so I'm fine with that and went to CJB Item Spawner to grab 4 more Silver Sabers (just so I could get my 750g back).
                          When getting the fourth (the first time it crashed) and the third (second crash) Saber, it just instantly shut down.

Again, I don't exactly mind it (rip my progress though), just figured I'd let you know here :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@santobi2 You can replace your santobi_162944339 save folder with the attached one to fix the crash, and replace your Mods/TractorMod/data folder with the attached one to enable the tractor garage correctly. Sorry about that!

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• santobi2

after inserting the tractor mod data it first wouldnt save, then after i closed it and the garage was gone

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@santobi2 It looks like you have a custom farm map. Can you try it again using Tractor 4.1 beta which fixes compatibility with custom farm maps? If it still happens, post a message in that thread and I'll help you there.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.15.4 alpha 2 is now available for Linux/Mac/Windows. This is a preview build which fixes issues in Entoarox Framework, Advanced Location Loader, and XNB Loader. Alpha 2 fixes issues with some custom maps loaded through Advanced Location Loader or XNB Loader.

• Tsin

Tsin Orbital Explorer

Minor issue with the SMAPI regarding pathing and connecting it to your steam - for some reason despite the pathing starting as "C:\Program Files (x86)" it just reads "C:\Program". Manually booting it up works just fine.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
                                    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Tsin Can you copy what you have in the Steam launch options exactly, and paste it here?

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.