Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Patch 1.2.33 indicates that it changed the linux/mac distros to be built with MonoGame-built content instead of XNA 'for easier modding'. This may have had an impact, as currently SMAPI takes into consideration that everything is XNA under the hood.

Changelog notes

• Donny Donster

Donny Donster Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I decided to get mods for stardew valley for the first time and installed SMAPI. I ran it the first time with only that trainer mod that came with SMAPI; it didn't work. Then I did it again with mods and it also didn't work. Here is the log.

EDIT: Figured out the problem and fixed it.
      1. Go to your windows search bar and type in CMD, Cortona should bring up the Command Prompt.
      2. Right click on the Command Prompt and click run as administrator.
      3. Once the Command Prompt opens up, type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes.
      4. Wait until it reaches 100% and restart your PC when it tells you to.
      5. Everything should be fixed by then.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
      • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

No, that was a bug. Patch 1.2.33 was supposed to have fixed that and reverted back to XNA.

13akoors and MysticTempest like this.
        • Tomazz

Tomazz Big Damn Hero

When I use the zoom in and zoom out buttons, my game crash :( :( :( :(
          AND THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR ME.
          I thank you, if anyone can help me :)
          PS: I use the latest versions of Stardew Valley (1.2.33) and Smapi (1.15.1)

Attached Files:

• cynicalalien

cynicalalien Yeah, You!

I'm having an issue where whenever I try to open the StardewModdingAPI, a message pops up that reads "Oops! SMAPI can't find the game. Make sure you're running StardewModdingAPI.exe in your game folder. See the readme.txt file for details."

I AM running it from my game folder. Is this just user error (as I am but a noob to the mods world) or is it something else?

• zidanreign

zidanreign Void-Bound Voyager

Whatever happened to the Farmhand API that was supposedly in dev?

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's on hiatus

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I'm having an issue with a Cursors.xnb file. I am using Vintage Interface Mod but for some reason, every time I go into Shane's 4-Heart event in Marnie's Ranch, the game CTD's at a point. When I remove their Cursors.xnb file then the cutscene works fine. I'll attach my error log but nothing really happens until that crash. Here is the error I am getting:
                  Code:
                  [02:22:23 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
                  Parameter name: index
                     at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
                     at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value)
                     at StardewValley.Event.addSpecificTemporarySprite(String key, GameLocation location, String[] split)
                     at StardewValley.Event.checkForNextCommand(GameLocation location, GameTime time)
                     at StardewValley.GameLocation.UpdateWhenCurrentLocation(GameTime time)
                     at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time)
                     at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                     at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 593
                  [02:22:23 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                     at StardewValley.Event.draw(SpriteBatch b)
                     at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1011
                     at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 647
                  [02:22:23 TRACE SMAPI] Recovering sprite batch from error...
                  I can just play that cutscene by removing the xnb file but I'm planning multiple playthroughs so it's a little annoying...

Edit: I changed out the .yaml file in the edited one with the .yaml from the default Cursors.xnb and it seems to be working now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
                  • heyyum

heyyum Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys. My game got crashed last time when I was going to sleep and before it got saved. When I try to start the game again, it won't load my saved game.... HELP

Attached Files:

• kimfish

kimfish Space Hobo

I have some major problems aswell, it crashed and now it wont open again. plz help???
                      p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #ff3b1e; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

/Users/Sabrina/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/SMAPI-crash.txt

• OfficialDia

OfficialDia Space Hobo

I played with my friends and then I changed my reselution. My game (I host) crashed and then I said to the others that they should leave. I created a new host lobby and every time when we start the lobby my game crashes. (Crash log attatched to this post) pls help

Attached Files:

• Ririyo

Ririyo Intergalactic Tourist

Hello ^^ I am a mac user and went through the full process of adding mods. When I start the game; the terminal pops up like expected only it says that it skipped the mods because it didn't have a manifest. I went through the whole process and to my knowledge did everything right. I am very lost at this point. Could I please have some assistance with this issue?

Attached Files:

• leon01288

leon01288 Big Damn Hero

umm game works fine until i try reloaded a saved file

Attached Files:

• Aurorialis

Aurorialis Pangalactic Porcupine

extracted this from your log:

[14:21:37 ERROR Console.Out] System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
                              at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
                              at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
                              at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
                              at SpaceCore.Overrides.SeasonGraphicsForSeasonalLocationsPatch.setGraphicsForSeason() in G:\StardewValley\Mods\SpaceCore\Overrides\Game1.cs:line 55
                              at SpaceCore.Overrides.SeasonGraphicsForSeasonalLocationsPatch.Prefix() in G:\StardewValley\Mods\SpaceCore\Overrides\Game1.cs:line 137
                              at setGraphicsForSeason_Patch1()
                              at StardewValley.Game1.loadForNewGame(Boolean loadedGame)
                              at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c.<getLoadEnumerator>b__51_1()
                              at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
                              at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

SpaceCore.Overrides.SeasonGraphicsForSeasonalLocationsPatch, I would guess, points to some sort of patch on the author's part, though I didn't see any season-altering mods in your lineup. Try replacing your current SpaceCore with a fresh one. If that doesn't work (for curiosity's sake) try starting an entirely new farm (you don't need to override your old one, just see if it starts). If all else fails, politely let SpaceCore know you're running into something odd.

A manifest should be provided by your mod author if it's a SMAPI mod. Not all mods are. For example, the "Natural Color Reshade" mod doesn't appear to be a SMAPI mod, and does include its own install instructions (see here). In addition, I feel like I should warn you that it has an external dependency on ENBInjector which is sort of its whole own thing. Didn't check the other mod, but probably same story.

Some folks here were dealing with a similar issue. I'd suggest trying the ideas in that thread, see if anything helps.

Fortunately, I'm not able to access files stored on your computer without your permission and some setup! :) You'll need to upload that crash text, not just post the path to it. Try the "Upload a File" button. Also, just so you're aware, the path you posted contains a first name (starting with S) which I assume is yours. I dunno if that bothers you, you might want to edit it out.

[15:34:55 ERROR Console.Out] Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Animals\horse". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Animals\horse.xnb". File not found.

You're missing at least one file (horse.xnb). Drop some sort of replacement horse.xnb into Content\Animals. You can get one from any horse texture replacement mod, assuming you didn't back up your Content folder (which is a thing you should do). If you did back up your content folder, excellently done! You can just grab the horse.xnb from there.

• AndreaBerg

AndreaBerg Void-Bound Voyager

I have a question. I have installed all modifications and now I always see the cursor in the game (I play it with a pad) and it bothers me. Can i change it anyway?

my installed mods:
                                SMAPI
                                Get Dressed
                                Gift Taste Helper
                                NPC Map Locations

• santobi2

santobi2 Intergalactic Tourist

my game already crashed a few times when I tried to load my immersive farm. does anyone know how to fix the problem?Edit: I reinstalled Entoarox Framework and now it only sends me back to the beginning animation (with chucklefish etc.) instead of crashing

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Oops, the forums stopped sending me notifications for this thread. :wut:

The error screenshot you posted doesn't exist anymore. Can you post a new one?

That may be a coincidence. Try resetting your content files, or come ask in #modding on Discord and we'll help you get it working.

Come ask in #support on Discord and we'll help you get it working.

Come ask in #modding on Discord and we'll help you install it correctly.

Farmhand was officially abandoned in May.

You seem to be missing one of the game files. Try resetting your content files to fix that.

Updating to the latest version of the game (at least 1.2.30) should fix that.

That seems to be an issue with SpaceCore as @Aurorialis said. You can report the error on its mod page to let the author know.

Try deleting the installer folder and redownloading it. Mac sometimes adds a special mcs file that confuses the installer. If you still need help, come ask in #modding on Discord and we'll help you get it working.

I don't think that's related to the mods you installed. Try removing the mods temporarily; does the issue still happen?

That's an issue with Entoarox Framework. Try installing SMAPI 1.15.2 and the latest version of Entoarox Framework and XNB Loader to fix that.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.15.2 is now available for Linux/Mac/Windows! This is a maintenance release which includes fixes, an updated compatibility list, and changes for the upcoming SMAPI 2.0 release. This release also supports an upcoming update to Entoarox Framework to fix its compatibility with many other mods. See the release notes for a full list of changes.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Pathoschild I'm getting weird errors now with some mods from the update. I'm assuming the mods themselves need to be updated now but the error reports didn't seem right, so I thought I would ask.
                                        Code:
                                        [02:24:19 ERROR SMAPI]    Categorize Chests 1.4.2 because its DLL 'CategorizeChests.dll' couldn't be loaded: Could not load 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CategorizeChests\CategorizeChests.dll' because it was already loaded. Do you have two copies of this mod?
                                        And two others with the same error.

I'll upload a SMAPI report.

Attached Files:

• santobi2

santobi2 Intergalactic Tourist

i still had problems with that one world even after reinstalling it but i can create a new world and play there without crashes so thanks

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.