Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xernito

Xernito Yeah, You!

Yes the Error also happend when I start SMAPI without any mods. After loading the savegame the screens goes black and I can haer some music.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Xernito: Did you previously use the Get Dressed mod?

• Xernito

Xernito Yeah, You!

• DragonAion

DragonAion Void-Bound Voyager

I am having the same issue as well with Skull Cavern Elevator Mod, Simple Crop Label, and Happy Birthday in my Mods folder and too with only the Trainer mod. I have many other mesh and texture replacing mods, I would be happy to list those as needed, but those three are my only in-Mods folder.

After loading the game, I see an attempt at the game loading with the vanilla female farmer standing in the upstairs left area with some of the furniture I placed, then it goes black. I don't hear steps when I try to move, but I hear the seasonal music and hear the inventory menu pop up when I press Esc.

Edit: I thought I should mention that I've not had this problem recently (last night), but after this last update and updating SMAPI, I've run into this issue. I have saved my mods and all of my changed files, had Steam verify my local files (replaced 60 of them) and my game still CTD's.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• SlappytheDonger

SlappytheDonger Orbital Explorer

I'm having trouble installing the new version. When I download the 1.10 folder and run the install it gives me "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." then my anti-virus nullifies it. Any word on how to get it to install correctly?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• DragonAion

DragonAion Void-Bound Voyager

• KjetilK

KjetilK Void-Bound Voyager

Hey. I am playing through a day and it is working fine, but when i go to bed and it starts to save it freezes and gives me an error message.
            Smapi and LookupAnything is updated, but GiftTasteHelper and NPCMapLocations is not updated yet.
            Log: https://pastebin.com/5HunRwZQ

• Xernito

Xernito Yeah, You!

Thank to all for your help. Me helped to change in the windowed Mode, load the game and saved again. Now everythink is okay :)

• pvmambembe

pvmambembe Void-Bound Voyager

When using the "Furniture Anywhere" MOD everything loads normally. I can put any item outside the house.
                The problem comes when you right-click on the item. This error appears and the game hangs:

[11:30:22 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Não foi possível localizar o arquivo 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Data\excerpts.txt'.
                Nome do arquivo: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Data\excerpts.txt'
                em System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                em System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                em System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                em System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
                em System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
                em System.IO.File.OpenText(String path)
                em StardewValley.Utility.getExcerptText(Random r)
                em StardewValley.Object.checkForAction(Farmer who, Boolean justCheckingForActivity)
                em StardewValley.GameLocation.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
                em StardewValley.Locations.BuildableGameLocation.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
                em StardewValley.Farm.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
                em StardewValley.Game1.tryToCheckAt(Vector2 grabTile, Farmer who)
                em StardewValley.Game1.pressActionButton(KeyboardState currentKBState, MouseState currentMouseState, GamePadState currentPadState)
                em StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time)
                em StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                em StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) na D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:linha 233

What could be happening? Is Mod not compatible yet?

Obs.: I use SMAPI 1.10 and the game in version 1.2.26

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@KjetilK: Stardew Valley 1.2.26 seems to crash if you have an unfinished monster-slaying quest at bedtime. Try either finishing it before the end of the day, or cancelling it through your journal. Does that fix it?

@pvmambembe: Can you report that in the Furniture Anywhere thread? The author is active, so they can help you there. :)

pvmambembe likes this.
                  • KjetilK

KjetilK Void-Bound Voyager

• poussette1000

poussette1000 Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, I've downloaded and extracted the update but the install.exe won't launch at all. I've tried with higher privileges, restarted, but nothing seems to work- same for the .exe (I tried to put all the files in my game folder and replaced the TrainerMod), I can click all I want but it doesn't open. Why is that? Thanks

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• poussette1000

I tried disabling my antivirus but it still won't launch. Not even an error message or anything, just nothing at all

• pvmambembe

pvmambembe Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks mate, I already reported it ^^

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@poussette1000 Try this:
                          1. Right-click on install.exe and choose Properties.
                          2. Put a checkmark in the 'Unblock' field if it appears:
                            upload_2017-4-25_16-14-18.png
                          3. Click OK.
                          Does that field appear for you? If so, can you run the installer after those steps?

• obaero

obaero Yeah, You!

Hi there! I tried googling for the solution but just can't find anything so I was hoping someone had an answer-

Loading the game with SMAPI (most recent updated version of course) works fine everytime, no problems there. The only major thing is when I save the game at the end of the day it sometimes crashes, forcing me to restart the day... Not every single save, but randomly and frequently which makes it more frustrating cause I have no idea what's causing it. I already removed every mod that no longer works, all I have on there is the updated CBJ Item Spawner and menu, Get Dressed, and Part of the Community (and the 'Trainer mod' that came with SMAPI is still there). I would love to know how to fix this!

(Don't know if this stuff is important since it doesn't relate to SMAPI but just in case...I did use a ton of cosmetic mods for furniture and portraits but I doubt that's what's causing the game to crash considering the actual game is fine...)

(I also already tried re-installing the latest version again, but it still happened)

• poussette1000

Thread Status:
                            Not open for further replies.