Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Mattzio

Mattzio Aquatic Astronaut

2. Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Looks like you quit the game while it was still trying to load. I would suggest starting the game and waiting a bit longer.

• Sabaene

Sabaene Intergalactic Tourist

When I go to use the SMAPI log thing, I follow the instructions and when I press the run command, it then asks me what app I want to open it with. I try notepad, then it comes up blank.

• CowKing

CowKing Intergalactic Tourist

After resetting my content files and removing the Furniture Anywhere mod, it seems to be working fine, I can go to sleep normally. However, because I placed a Chicken Statute outside, there's now this weird X near the spot I placed it in.
        The Furniture Anywhere mod doesn't even seem to work anyway, because the chicken statue would always turn invisible the next time I go to look at it. I tried bombing the area because none of my tools will remove that but the game just flashes white constantly (It was probably seizure-inducing) and this effect won't go away no matter what I did, I would have to close the game and relaunch it.
        Is there a way I could get rid of this, thanks in advance!

upload_2019-12-13_16-53-13.png

Edit: I figured it out! Playing the unmodded version replaces the spot with a grass/weed item that can be bombable. I just bomb the area and save and that seems to do the trick!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
        • Sabaene

My game has been pooping out more, but I finally got around to finding the file deep in my computer of the SMAPI crash log so here it is....https://smapi.io/log/KvhLq9h2

• soccera

soccera Space Hobo

I'm not really sure what to do... https://smapi.io/log/JqAApdeL

I'm able to walk around my house but I crash when I walk outside and trigger an event with Gus. I remain on the screen for a few seconds before crashing. I also noticed that my house seems to be missing as well when i go outside.
            I decided to remove Paritee's BFAV while still having the animals on my farm so that's probably what's causing this but I don't know how to fix it since the newest version of BFAV is not compatible.

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Soccera, there's an unofficial version of BFAV that works. It's on the Stardew Valley discord server and uses content packs instead of config file editing. It can convert already existing animals.

If the BFAV packs you were using don't have a content pack version, you can link them and someone can PM you an unofficially converted version to use long enough to sell the animals.

• Sevrisimp

Sevrisimp Void-Bound Voyager

I can't get my mail in game. Is this from the update that happened a ittle bit ago? Or did I break something when I was trying to fix my crashing issue every time I grabbed my seeds to plant. (I finally fixed, I think) What do I need to give for help?

• Ryface

Ryface Void-Bound Voyager

• Merryberry

Merryberry Subatomic Cosmonaut

• AstralGuardian97

AstralGuardian97 Yeah, You!

My game keeps crashing every time I go to bed. I think it's the night Krobus moves into my house, but I'm not sure. Here's my SMAPI log: https://smapi.io/log/cJWHqQpW

• Mizzion

I think you're right, though BFAV should have saved the animals to the custom data field so it wouldn't bug your save. But the error does have to do with updating the map while you're not there.

Im not entirely sure, but Ive seen people say that Furniture Anywhere can cause this bug to happen. I would try it without that mod.

Looks like one of your mods is trying to add weapons that have already been added. It just doesn't say which ones.

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@Sabaene Do you have any modded weapons or scythes in your game? The error seems to be related to such an item.

• Sabaene

Oddly enough, I removed Stardew Expanded and all the other attached mods....I kept the Mighty Nein and the cheat menu, and it seems to be a lot smoother now...I will miss the big farm, but on the other hand, I was getting pissed at the constant crashes.

• pepoluan

pepoluan Star Wrangler

Is there a public / published schema for the manifest.json file?

The reason I'm asking is that VS2019 offers some JSON validation if there's a publicly-available schema somewhere, and I want to leverage this facility.

No big deal if no such schema is available, though.

• Merryberry

Merryberry Subatomic Cosmonaut

That's.... weird. I don't have a weapons mod.

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Validate your files, and also that combat overhaul looks maybe suspicious.

• Sevrisimp

Sevrisimp Void-Bound Voyager

Will this help find out why I can't get the mail in my game? : https://smapi.io/log/UDuiLwqF
                                I've updated the ones it wanted me to, but still says to update them. I can't find find the ones it wants me to remove in my modes. And what are these other errors?

By the way, I don't have any saves any more I've been trying to start a new game

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
                                • Killparadise

Killparadise Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm when I run the install for this it claims that it's already installed... :/

I'm running Fedora 30 if that means anything

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
                                  • Mizzion

Looks like MTN is messing up while trying to grab the mailbox.