Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

1. SailorVMoon2

SailorVMoon2 Space Hobo

@Pathoschild I removed the TMX loader and I was able to sleep to the next day, though upon shutting the game off and readding it, i'm stuck with an infinite loading screen when trying to load into my farm.

• nazim

nazim Space Hobo

hello! my game keeps crashing for no reason, i tried removing the mods but same thing happens. im using these mods just in case it matters: [​IMG]
      https://log.smapi.io/7sdxWk1A

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• nazim

nazim Space Hobo

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Cosmos Killer

@SailorVMoon2 Can you try it again, then post a new log?

@nazim The game window is being resized multiple times in one second, which crashes the rendering logic. Here are some common fixes to try:
        • Third-party graphics tweaking/optimisation software like MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner can conflict with Stardew Valley. If you have anything like those, try disabling it or adding an exception for Stardew Valley.
        • Your saved resolution data may be invalid. To reset it: press Windows + R to open a 'run' box; enter the exact text %appdata%/StardewValley to open a folder; and delete the startup_preferences file. Then launch the game and see if it still happens.
        • If you don't already have it, try installing Radeon Software (if you have an AMD graphics card) or GeForce Experience (if you have an NVIDIA card).

• SailorVMoon2

SailorVMoon2 Space Hobo

• nazim

nazim Space Hobo

thanks, disabling MSI Afterburner fixed it!

• Xy5C9Cu

Xy5C9Cu Poptop Tamer

me again for a third time. the real solution to problem was changing the language, because i was playing on russian and switching back to english helped somehow.
            does it mean that mods that have no russian localisation can be a problem?

• Pathoschild

@SailorVMoon2 You have a lot of errors and warnings in the log. Can you come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord, so we can walk you through fixing them? (I can keep helping here if you don't want to join Discord, but it'll be slower.)

@Xy5C9Cu Mods without Russian translations should just default to English; if a mod is causing issues when playing in non-English, I suggest reporting it to the author so they can look into it. (Most modders do mainly test in English though, so you're slightly more likely to run into issues when using a different language.)

• yinnidebeishang

yinnidebeishang Space Hobo

• Pathoschild

@yinnidebeishang I don't see an error in that log. When does the crash happen? Can you cause the crash again, then post a new log?

• NENSOR

NENSOR Space Hobo

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
                • Grand Einherjar

Grand Einherjar Void-Bound Voyager

https://log.smapi.io/cErR2ASL

Hey y'all. Sorry but bear with me here. I sort of went bananas with the mods and added a whole bunch at once instead of trying them out one by one. Naturally, I'm not sure what specifically is causing this crash. I'll probably have to restart the whole thing from scratch but I thought I may as well see if anyone here is patient enough to be able to pinpoint which mod is causing them before I go ahead.

I managed to find out when exactly my game crashes. If I use the hoe and dig a spot on the ground, then highlight any seed and hover my mouse over that tilled spot, the game will crash right there before I can plant a seed or do anything else. Otherwise the game runs pretty much as it should, as far as I'm aware at least.

If anyone can help me with this that'd be pretty amazing, but otherwise, it'll just be back to square one I guess. No fuss.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@NENSOR All players in a co-op game need to have exactly the same set of mods installed. See the wiki for more information on mod compatibility.

@Grand Einherjar First off get rid of the duplicate item, JsonAssets really doesn't like duplicate items: "Duplicate object: Dinosaur Mayonnaise just added by Dinosaur Mayonnaise, already added by Artisan Valley Machine Goods!". You'll need to remove the stand alone mod that adds the dulicate dinosaur mayonnaise; after that try running the game and see if still crashes.

• Grand Einherjar

Grand Einherjar Void-Bound Voyager

@Moragaine Well geez, I think that was it. I tried so many things and removed a bunch of mods that I thought might be related to farming or the UI and it turns out that what was crashing my game was a tiny picture of mayonnaise. I haven't had a smoother gameplay session since vanilla. I feel like a bit of a fool that the answer was staring my in the face but I ignored it thinking it just had to be something actually related to farming or seeds and whatnot. In any case, hopefully that's the end of my troubles for now, and thank you kindly for you help. I actually don't think I would've done that without your suggestion, but at least now I know.

• Moragaine

Don't worry about it; some of the worst crashes are caused by a missing coma.. ;) Getting used to reading your log files is a definite plus, but it's just a matter of time and a little learning.

• GalaxyUnion

GalaxyUnion Orbital Explorer

Hello Guys
                          I have a problem
                          It is about my game how i read it (log: https://log.smapi.io/e8GE6NMd )
                          Well i am not sure what the probelm is caused by and every log i see has everyone mods showing and (i actually have some) but they aren't showing
                          so it would be nice if i recieved any help:oops:

• jahangmar

jahangmar Space Penguin Leader

@GalaxyUnion Does your game work if you start it directly without SMAPI? If not try to reinstall it. Otherwise try reinstalling smapi. This looks like a memory issue and could be caused by different things such as corrupted files or could show an issue with your hardware. If reinstalling doesn't work you might want to check your filesystem for errors or run a memory test for your RAM.

• jkcousart

jkcousart Yeah, You!

Would someone be able to help me out? Started getting frequent crashes, but didn't change anything besides the configuration of Elle's New Barn Animal Replacements.
                              https://log.smapi.io/mPydZX7d

• Moragaine

@jkcousart The crash is referencing a problem with wallpapers, so I doubt it's your config changes. Try temporarily disabling any mods that affect the farmhouse or it's interior and see if that stops the crashing.