Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@basicallyberkeley, have you tried copying your mod folder over to his computer and then tried having him join?

I'm assuming it's crashing on him trying to join your game, correct?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

• basicallyberkeley

basicallyberkeley Void-Bound Voyager

@paxchristos Yes, that's what we originally did to get him the mods. It was working up until about 2 weeks ago.

• paxchristos

And, of course, just to be sure, no changes happened between when you copied your mod folder over and their computer started crashing?

Edit: could you make. A fresh copy of your mods folder and paste it to the other computer and try joining again?

• SailorVMoon2

SailorVMoon2 Space Hobo

I'm not quiet sure what happened, but I was playing with a ton of mods and the game randomly crashes while going from Fall 19 to Fall 20 on year 1.
          I can't make a whole lot of sense of the audit log either. I spent the time and updated all of my mods and it still kept doing the same thing. Did I lose a certain file by accident?

https://log.smapi.io/9CJ4xthF

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@paxchristos Can you cause the issue again, then post the SMAPI logs from both players?

@SailorVMoon2 Are you getting married in-game? There's a known issue where that error happens on the first married day if you have a custom farmhouse map; try removing any mods which customise the farmhouse, play through one day, then put them back.

• Sleepinganth

Sleepinganth Space Hobo

Hello, can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?
              It startedy today, every time I put my PG to bed at the end of the day, the game crushes.
              https://log.smapi.io/S6MDJusT
              I haven't updated SMAPI nor the mods because the version I'm playing with was stable (up to now).
              Thanks T_T

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Sleepinganth Mods are genearlly updated to fix bugs (along with adding new features), so you should update when a new version is released. In your case, you should definitely update Smapi, along with TMXLoader, Entoarox Framework, Pytk and Custom NPC Fixes. Then see if the crash happens again - if so, bring back a new log. If everything works you see about updating the rest of your old mods. Also, you can also take out Summit Reborn since Stardew Valley Expanded now includes it's own version.

• mcbake

mcbake Space Hobo

https://log.smapi.io/kDLeFjHu
                  ....I think I have a problem with a bad item, but I don't know. Game crashes whenever I enter the other players cabin. ANyone have a similar problem or any ideas about this problem?

• SailorVMoon2

SailorVMoon2 Space Hobo

@Pathoschild I'm not very familiar with what kind of mods that would be. Do you know what mods I should try to get rid of first?

• Moragaine

@mcbake Do all/both player have the same mods?

• mcbake

mcbake Space Hobo

Yes, we both do have the same mods.
                        https://log.smapi.io/kDLeFjHu

I'm not familiar with the errors in the logs. It seems to be getting a drawing error. All the mods have been updated to the latest versions.
                        Thank you for replying Moragaine, I sure do appreciate it.

• Moragaine

@mcbake Try removing Custom Furniture (you'll both need to remove the mod and any furniture added with it), there are some reports that it doesn't work well in multi-player - any mod that was made before multi-player was added is going to be unstable.

• paxchristos

@basicallyberkeley could you do as pathoschild says, after re-adding the mod files to the other computer, try again and if it crashes, post both yours and the other computers logs here?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@SailorVMoon2 Try removing TMX Loader temporarily and playing through one day. If it still happens, post a fresh log here and we'll take a look.

• SailorVMoon2

SailorVMoon2 Space Hobo

@Pathoschild I removed the TMX loader and I was able to sleep to the next day, though upon shutting the game off and readding it, i'm stuck with an infinite loading screen when trying to load into my farm.

• nazim

nazim Space Hobo

hello! my game keeps crashing for no reason, i tried removing the mods but same thing happens. im using these mods just in case it matters: [​IMG]
                                  https://log.smapi.io/7sdxWk1A

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• nazim

nazim Space Hobo

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@SailorVMoon2 Can you try it again, then post a new log?

@nazim The game window is being resized multiple times in one second, which crashes the rendering logic. Here are some common fixes to try:
                                    • Third-party graphics tweaking/optimisation software like MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner can conflict with Stardew Valley. If you have anything like those, try disabling it or adding an exception for Stardew Valley.
                                    • Your saved resolution data may be invalid. To reset it: press Windows + R to open a 'run' box; enter the exact text %appdata%/StardewValley to open a folder; and delete the startup_preferences file. Then launch the game and see if it still happens.
                                    • If you don't already have it, try installing Radeon Software (if you have an AMD graphics card) or GeForce Experience (if you have an NVIDIA card).

• SailorVMoon2

SailorVMoon2 Space Hobo

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.