Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

1. jahangmar

jahangmar Astral Cartographer

@voxrio Please upload your log here: https://log.smapi.io/ (follow the instructions on the page). Your log isn't readable in its current state.

• acouncilspectere

acouncilspectere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello All,

I'm having some issues troubleshooting some crashing that I've got going on. Seems to consistently crash whenever selecting items past the 6th item spot on the hotbar. Hopefully I can get some insight as to whats going on.

Log

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You seem to be having an error with Json Assets. Your log lists Json Assets as having an update available

Try updating all your mods and see if the error persists

• acouncilspectere

acouncilspectere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just ended up deleting and reinstalling the Json Assets folder. Still reporting that the version is 1.3.6, but no longer crashing.

Thanks for the help

• Darkcedars

Darkcedars Aquatic Astronaut

Crashing upon sleep on 28 Fall, so do not save & pass to winter. I've tried uninstalling some mods that were new to me. Any ideas?

Full log: https://log.smapi.io/KvsuZkhS

"System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format."

• jahangmar

This seems to be related to an incorrect npc schedule. Maybe try removing "Looking for Love" or "Chase's Custom NPC MothMan Mod".

• Moragaine

Moragaine Cosmic Narwhal

@Darkcedars Unfortunately, that is a known problem with the Mothman mod. The author was made aware of the problem, but I don't know that he's updated it yet.

• Darkcedars

Darkcedars Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks jhangmar & Moragaine. Rolling eyes at myself because removing Mothman is probably the only thing I didn't try yesterday. I forget that's there until he coasts by and scares the crap out of me.

• hellanor

hellanor Space Spelunker

Hi all! I'm trying to start playing with mods on mac, but for some reason, none of the mods I install are actually launching. I've re-installed SMAPI and mon, verified the game files multiple times, and tried with different mods, but nothing has worked.
                    One thing I've noticed that seems odd is that according to terminal, the mods are working perfectly, but there's also this text: ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to (null)
                    Most recent log is here: https://log.smapi.io/Z858Tpd6
                    Any help would be super appreciated!

• jahangmar

@hellanor I can see that you installed Content Patcher and Quiet Basin. Are there more mods you installed that do not appear in the log or is Quiet Basin not working? Just to be sure: Quiet Basin changes the forest farm. Are you sure you selected the right farm type?

• hellanor

hellanor Space Spelunker

yep, that was it! thanks for the help, i overreacted a little

• necromix

necromix Space Spelunker

Hi, my game keeps crashing at save too. I'm not exactly sure what's causing it. I tried playing with a new save and everything worked perfectly, I've deleted some mods, and I've tried moving the things in the fridge to chests because I thought it was an expanded fridge bug or something.

https://log.smapi.io/jQ4GR6Wh

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Cosmos Killer

@necromix The error is due to invalid dialogue data from one of your mods. Try this:
                            1. Temporarily remove Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion, George & Evelyn Developed, and Tunnelling Ahead.
                            2. Play through one day and save.
                            3. Put the mods back in.
                            Hopefully the problem dialogue won't be applied the next day.

If that doesn't fix it, you can try the SMAPI 3.0 alpha which automatically prevents that error from crashing your game. Some mods haven't been updated for 3.0 yet though. You can ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord if you'd like a preview SMAPI 3.0 build.

• necromix

necromix Space Spelunker

Thank you! I removed all the dialogue mods and it still crashed oof. I'll try the SMAPI 3.0 or try removing some other mods; thank you again.

• xerxia

xerxia Void-Bound Voyager

• jahangmar

@xerxia
                                That issue is caused by a mod changing a npc schedule. It's probably "Chase's Custom NPC MothMan Mod" which is known to cause this problem.
                                I will create a bug report since no one did this before.
                                Edit: In the "Posts" section on the nexus page the bug is mentioned and even a fix is provided.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
                                • James_Wong

James_Wong Aquatic Astronaut

Hi there curious reader! I've seen to be having trouble with my game.
                                  Crashes about every time I try to place an object on the map, same goes for plant seeds...

Here is the log: https://log.smapi.io/i9ivHKtQ

I'm not a "code" person so it all looks like a Rubix cube to me and I can never solve does things.
                                  Anyway thanks for reading,
                                  Cheers.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
                                  • Moragaine

Moragaine Cosmic Narwhal

@James_Wong Json Assets is really upset about something - there's at least one duplicate item (Corndogs) that needs to be fixed; but I'm not sure if that's what causing the crash. Try removing either Fresh Meat or Extra Yummies and see if that helps.

• James_Wong

James_Wong Aquatic Astronaut

LOL that was so simple! I just deleted the duplicate item and the worked. Boy I sure feel dumm.
                                      Thanks for the assist!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Cosmic Narwhal

You're welcome! Don't feel dumb, though; mod interaction can get complicated and hard to follow for even veteran modders if it's something you're not familiar with.