Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fandy

fandy Space Hobo

Hi,

1. Yes i am playing multiplayer, for the most part i checked and i and my wife should be having the same mod because i always test the mod first in my pc and then transfer it to her. Other mod that dont exist on her its because only the host need it but i can try to install it on her too -- but the problem started when both of us installed custom furniture and furniture mods or at least when it is started happening.
    2. TBH i dont have any idea how to update other than from nexus mods website , i tried to search for updates in nexus but cant find any updates even though smapi says so -- please enlighten me on this one.
    3. I will try to remove ptyk once i sorted out the first 2 of the above.

Thanks for the reply !!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
      13akoors likes this.
    • 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nexus is the place to go for finding the updates. However, if you're unable to find one, there's an easy way.

If you open up your SMAPI log (following your link), you'll see at the very top the words Suggested fixes, and a list of mods needing updates. Simply click on the numbers to the right of each mod, and it'll take you right to the page with the mod. Should be the top file in most cases

The important one here is PYtK update, which is 3 major versions ahead of yours

Also, if the mod specifically says to only install for the host, follow the mod's instructions. I didn't look into each mod specifically, I only know 99% of the time, every mod should be on all computers in multiplayer. If the mod says only 1 is needed, it's probably right :p

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
      • fandy

fandy Space Hobo

Ok so i did what you told me to do and updated a few of the suggested fixes. One or two mods though it stated that it needs update , visited the page and its even says it's updated but the file is of a previous version..how to get around this ?

The aforementioned mod is "Stardew Valley Enhanced" = https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3596?tab=files (mod say's its 1.1.4 but available files are 1.1.3) and https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3969.

As for the rest i just removed custom furniture and the mods that needs it so we're safe now but i would anticipate for further crashes.

Thank you !!

• Valkyr

Valkyr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Valkyr Do you need Advanced Location Loader for anything? If not you can delete it. Have you edited the .json for Karmylla's at all? I have both editions and I'm not seeing those errors.

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There really isn't a way to get around those issues. It's usually caused by there being 2 different files that the mod author puts as the "main" file, which shouldn't be done. Any mods like that you'll have to ignore

• destinyc

destinyc Void-Bound Voyager

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. My game keeps crashing and i have no idea how to fix it. It will only crash after the cutscene after you've finished the community center ,and when I go to sleep, skip days, or just save right where I am the game will still crash when I go to sleep. I've tried removing all mods or just some of them that i think may be causing the problem. I've also tried to just start over with a new save ,but that didn't work either. I'm fairly new to modding ,and I need some help. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• Hakuen

Hakuen Space Hobo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
              • PorridgeThePanda

PorridgeThePanda Space Spelunker

I am crashing when I sleep on the 28th of spring in the first year on a multiplayer farm. I am running a few mods. Any help is greatly appreciated. https://log.smapi.io/gNbLzm2v

• fandy

fandy Space Hobo

Hmm i guess i just have to wait for the mod owner to fix the issues regarding the files, as for the other mod after i updates all the necessary update -- i did install custom furniture and the other mod that goes along with it and still having the same issue. Havent crashed yet but a lot of red lines both on my pc and wife pc.

Here is the log file : https://log.smapi.io/pB8ipU5T

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@destinyc There's an invalid entry in the NPC schedule data, probably due to one of these mods: Florence Mod; Lyell; Paul; Ran's Harvest Goddess; Raphtalia; Shane's New Job; Shiko (aka Papaya's Custom NPC Mod); or Stardew Valley Expanded - Andy / Olivia / Victor. A few of those have updates available (see "suggested fixes" at the top of that log); try updating them first and see if that fixes it. If not, troubleshooting is more difficult since you usually can't remove custom NPC mods without save editing; if you come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord, we can help you find the specific issue.

@PorridgeThePanda That's an issue with Karmylla's Immersive Maps - SVE EDITION. It loads a Maps/spring_Dusty file, but crashes after spring 28 because it has no Maps/summer_Dusty file. That mod has an update available (see "suggested fixes" at the top of that log); try updating first and see if that fixes it. If not, I suggest reporting it on that mod's page so the author can help.

@fandy The error in that log is due to Custom Furniture; I suggest reporting it on that mod's page so the author can help.

• StayAlifeFriend

StayAlifeFriend Space Hobo

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@StayAlifeFriend I don't see an error in that log. Can you cause the crash again, then post a new log before relaunching the game?

• StayAlifeFriend

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

This error:
                        Code:
                        An error occured in the overridden update loop: StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Exceptions.SContentLoadException: Failed loading asset 'assets\Maps\winter_beach.png' from SMAPI\sundropteam.sundropcity: the specified path doesn't exist. at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1910 at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )
                        is similar to the "Game crashed bug" on Sundrop City's Bug page.

The explanation is:
                        So to fix: Uninstall the Sundrop City mod.

• StayAlifeFriend

Thank you so much!

• Phaex

Phaex Space Spelunker

Hey, I'm trying to start playing with mods but keep getting a null reference exception. Fresh install of both Stardew and SMAPI (with restart), have .net and etc. Tried with administrator.

https://log.smapi.io/E0WAr9c6

Thanks for any help.

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Have you installed any XNB mods?

If so, better verify your game files so Steam will restore all replaced files.

And next time, do not use XNB mods. If you see an XNB mod that you really want to try, check this list first for possible CP-version of the mod.

• Phaex

Phaex Space Spelunker

Nope, and have tried deleting all files and installing again.

Oh and regular Stardew still works, it's just trying to play with the ModdingAPI (w/ or w/out administrator).

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.