Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

1. pepoluan

pepoluan Orbital Explorer

Can you try disabling the "TimeSpeed" mod and try again?

Seems to be lots of exceptions regarding GameTime, probably avalanching to other things.

• bctwelve

bctwelve Space Hobo

I am receiving a "SMAPI has stopped working" error once I've clicked into a character file. I am pretty sure it only started after updating to the latest version of SMAPI. Any ideas on why this is happening and what I can do about it?

Error log: https://log.smapi.io/RkQCnbLC

If anyone can help, I would GREATLY GREATLY GREATLY appreciate it! :nuruflirt:

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The error log in question doesn't have any error in it, so finding the issue will be a bit difficult.

Have you tried running the game with SMAPI, but without any mods? If this works, it's most likely a mod issue.
        If it still crashes, try launching without SMAPI.

• bctwelve

bctwelve Space Hobo

Seems like disabling the Deep Woods mod solved my problem, which is a pity because that seemed like it was going to be fun. Oh well. Thank you for helping!

13akoors likes this.
          • Ajajane

Ajajane Void-Bound Voyager

I had been having invisible critters that day so I removed Elle's critter and butterfly replacement just in case (it was fine for me the RT day before and still fine for my SO on crashday), but we sent only one of us to finish the mines and it worked that way.

P.S. Thank you very much for the help and tidbit about TimeSpeed though, we had to start over recently because of an issue with our original save so it's good to know to keep an eye on that one.

P.P.S I'm hosting this one but my SO hosted the last one and the issue was that suddenly I could no longer connect to that game. The day before I connected just fine using LAN, but the next day it was CONNECTION FAILED for every method of connecting that we could think of. (This included all kinds of combinations of restarting games, Steam apps, router and computers.) Neither of us was getting any errors in SMAPI and when we checked the logs it showed 'lobby entered' for me, then I’d be there for ~ 43 seconds, and then it would show 'disconnecting from server' without my screen ever changing. However, when we tested out a new game we were able to connect to each other just fine, so after looking it up and not finding anything that worked for us, we eventually started over and lost the 94 hours of our playthrough. *insert face of ridiculous sadness and longing* /endrant

• Clotho

Clotho Subatomic Cosmonaut

https://log.smapi.io/XWFpJtkB

heyyyyyyyyyy can anyone help me out? it crashes everytime i go back into the house. assuming theres something wrong with CustomFurniture. but what?

• TheGodlyKittenNinja

TheGodlyKittenNinja Void-Bound Voyager

Everything's finally working... but I caused myself some trouble by mistake. Without thinking I skipped the quest from the Wizard to open the Witch's Hut using CJB Cheats. I didn't think anything of it and continued playing through the days without realizing what I'd done... But I can't get access to the buildings you can order from the Wizard now. Is there a way to activate it again without totally deleting my save file and starting from scratch?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Cosmos Killer

@Ajajane The connection shouldn't be affected by the save file. Does it still happen if you try it again with that save? It might have been a temporary Steam server issue.

@Clotho Yep, that looks like an issue with PyTK or Custom Furniture. I suggest asking the author on the PyTK page with a link to that log (it's the same author for both).

@TheGodlyKittenNinja The next version of CJB Cheats Menu lets you change hidden game flags like that too. I was originally planning to release it when Stardew Valley 1.4 goes live, but I could release it in the next few days if you need it sooner.

• TheGodlyKittenNinja

TheGodlyKittenNinja Void-Bound Voyager

You mean it would let you activate quests whenever you want? That would be really helpful. Though, don't rush yourself for me, I can wait. Thank you for letting me know.

• Pathoschild

@TheGodlyKittenNinja CJB Cheats Menu update released! You can't re-activate the quests, but now you can edit the game flags they would have set. For example, this will unlock access to the Wizard's buildings:

upload_2019-6-10_2-29-40.png

• BerryBeeBird

BerryBeeBird Void-Bound Voyager

I'm a little bit at a loss on how to fix this one, so any help would be appreciated!
                        Any time my character goes into a situation where they're holding something above their head and can place something (planting seeds, moving furniture) the game lags out and then crashes, making it pretty unplayable. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling so many different mods to figure out what this issue is linked to, but even getting rid of most of the mods that edit gameplay don't change anything (Custom furniture, PyTK, Json and entoarox framework)

https://log.smapi.io/nMFAt5UJ

• 13akoors

Before doing anything else, make sure all the mods with updates are updated to the latest version.

Secondly, JSON Assets is crashing because 3 of its mods add the same items/recipes. JSON Assets does not handle duplicate item/recipes well, and will crash until these duplicates are removed. This can be fixed either by removing/editing Animal Husbandry.

I believe you may also have another error, but you should make these fixes first and see if anything else happens. Post a new log if errors continue

• BerryBeeBird

BerryBeeBird Void-Bound Voyager

I deleted the animal husbandry mod and that totally fixed it, thank you so much! I honestly didn't think it was a big deal since it didn't seem to have anything to do with picking up stuff and moving it around!

Small side note, all the mods that say I need updates for, I have the latest versions available on nexus. Is there somewhere else I should be downloading updated versions from?

• 13akoors

Some mods might have updates here that are not on Nexus, but other than that, no. Some mods just have false update flags.

For SMAPI mods, this can be a good place to keep an eye out for updates in general https://mods.smapi.io/

• Ajajane

Yup it still happened with that save when we tried just now and, oddly enough, our new file started having that issue as well. The only thing that connects the two is that both times, we had a brief internet outage and after it comes back the farmhand starts getting "Connection Failed" messages and it stays that way every time we try to connect again.

If we can't get this figured out that will make it a second dead game file and it does seem server based, but I'm not sure what else can be causing the issue because we can still connect if it is a brand new game. I'm open to suggestions here and appreciate the help.

• BrintheHufflepuff

BrintheHufflepuff Void-Bound Voyager

Can anyone help me figure this out? I keep getting this error when trying to create a new event

I tried resetting my content folders and that didn't work and I everything is up to date. I don't quite understand this error.

• Pathoschild

Ajajane likes this.
                                  • Ajajane

Well damn, we were able to connect into BOTH saves by loading the game up without SMAPI. What does that imply the issue is, a specific mod or something else?

Thanks for the help!

• Pathoschild

@Ajajane Depends; we'll need some trial & error to narrow it down. Does it work if you play with SMAPI, but remove all SMAPI mods temporarily?

• Crimzzzz

Crimzzzz Space Hobo

Yea so i really haven't played stardew in a while so yea my modded stardew keeps on crashing idk what to do after the press any key to enter is done it shows the purple screen then crashes i need help.