Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@plutosneptune You both might want to reset your game files if you think you might have any old xnb replacer mods(those are going to be severely broken in the next game update, btw) - you'll have to reinstall the town file for SVE after, though. Yes, different hair files would make a difference, especially if the person with them is the host. To be sure you have the same setup whoever is the host could share their mods folder with the other players.

• TheGodlyKittenNinja

TheGodlyKittenNinja Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@TheGodlyKittenNinja You mistakenly replaced Farm Type Manager's files with the ones from Stardew Valley Expanded Forage Locations. I suggest deleting that folder, reinstalling Farm Type Manager, and reinstalling the latest version of Stardew Valley Expanded.

• cuppermuffin

cuppermuffin Orbital Explorer

My game keeps freezing at night when I go to bed before it shows me my profits. I've tried updating all of my mods, deleting some, I haven't downloaded any new ones in over 2 weeks. I'm year 1 summer 6. My log is here

Attached Files:

• edward22

edward22 Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, I have a problem. SMAPI crashes immediately when I open StardewModdingAPI.exe, see the picture for the console texts.
          Here's the texts when I click "View problem details":

Problem signature:
          Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
          Problem Signature 01: 2UEK12MATRWBZUMOECIJ3XCLHIWFWGEG
          Problem Signature 02: 2.11.2.0
          Problem Signature 03: 5cbe733a
          Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
          Problem Signature 05: 4.8.3761.0
          Problem Signature 06: 5c9c6e98
          Problem Signature 07: 1205
          Problem Signature 08: 22
          Problem Signature 09: System.BadImageFormatException
          OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
          Locale ID : 1033
          Additional Information 1: 0a9e
          Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
          Additional Information 3: 0a9e
          Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Please help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2019
          • 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please upload your SMAPI error log to https://log.smapi.io, then post the URL here. Without the full log, your issue may be misdiagnosed, or uable to be solved at all

• paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks like SMAPI might not be able to find the executable for Stardew. Just to confirm, you didn't have to manually enter the install location when you went thru the install for SMAPI, did you?

(Also, some basic troubleshooting questions,
              1) Have you uninstalled and then reinstalled SMAPI?
              2) Can you run Stardew Valley without SMAPI?
              3) If you have Stardew from Stream, have you verified file contents to make sure you don't have a corrupted install of Stardew?
              4) If you have GOG Galaxy as your install client, have you verified file contents to make sure you don't have a corrupted install of Stardew?
              5) If you are using GOG's standalone installer, have you uninstalled and reinstalled Stardew?
              And most importantly,
              6) Have you rebooted your computer recently? )

Looks like SMAPI is crashing before it starts logging, this might be the one case where that advice doesn't work.

13akoors likes this.
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@cuppermuffin You seem to have XNB mods installed (the ones that replace the game's Content files). Does it still happen if you reset your content files?

@edward22 Your game executable was changed in an incompatible way for some reason. If you have a pirated version of the game, try using a different download (or buying the game); if not something on your computer (e.g. a virus) may be changing the executable. If you still need help, come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord and we'll help figure it out.

edward22 likes this.
                • edward22

edward22 Intergalactic Tourist

@paxchristos
                  @Pathoschild
                  1) Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled SMAPI 2 times
                  2) Yes I can run Stardew Valley normally without SMAPI (which means the pirated game is perfectly fine?)
                  5) I'm using a pirated GOG standalone installer (Stardew Valley v1.3.33), and I have uninstalled then reinstalled it 2 times
                  6) Yes I have rebooted and it's still the same

Maybe I'll just try another download link, thanks for your support. Appreciated!

[UPDATE]
                  Downloaded version 1.3.36 GOG from another download link, installed SMAPI, no mods, still the same error. From googling I think it has something to do with compatibility between 64bit and 32bit? I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
                  • lpvinyl21

lpvinyl21 Big Damn Hero

Hi, I reinstalled SMAPI today and now I can't seem to use my Xbox remote anymore. I was using it just fine yesterday with SMAPI installed so I know it works with it. I'm not sure what went wrong. The game works fine and it recognizes that I have a controller plugged in because if I plug in my controller while the game is running the "controller connected" message pops up, it's just nothing happens when I try to use it.

The controller also works fine in Steam's big picture mode.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide because it's impossible for me to use the keyboard to play and this is my favorite game and I really don't want to give it up because of this.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

lpvinyl21 and edward22 like this.
                    • luckyeleven

luckyeleven Space Spelunker

I imagine it's hard helping everyone but I have to add to it and ask... my game is crashing right before the intro finishes (if i [X] skip intro, it'll just cash immediately)
                      This started when I downloaded everything for SVE (dun dun dun) and I have a lot of other mods, but tried to make sure they were compatible?
                      https://log.smapi.io/QZnvisC8 if anyone notices something...!

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Luckyeleven, it appears your problem is actually with the Overgrown Garden Spa, since it uses Advanced Location Loader. ALL and maps that depend on ALL tend to not work well when nested in subfolders. Try moving them up to the Mods/ level and see if that fixes it.

(EDIT: You also have two mods that want to edit the town. You'll have to pick one or the other; if you want SVE, you'll have to forgo Early Open Shops.)

• lpvinyl21

lpvinyl21 Big Damn Hero

Thanks, the advice in this post fixed my issue in case anyone else runs across the same problem. https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/1735467426088870517/

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

@Pathoschild is there an option for SMAPI to not close immediately upon game exit?

It would be helpful, for me, so I can peruse SMAPI's output for things I might have to take action on (e.g., notification of new versions, exceptions, etc.)

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Everything SMAPI outputs to the console, it also outputs to the log. The log parser shows how to find your logs (and also parses them to make them more readable).

pepoluan likes this.
                              • pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Aaah, thank you! Wasn't really aware of that.

That helps.

• uhhhh_no

uhhhh_no Space Hobo

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but my game keeps crashing, I have updated the game, smapi which I run it through, and all the mods that have released an update as well as deleted from my game all that haven't but the game still crashes upon opening I have tried everything I can think of I really just want to be able to play my game again. If anyone has any idea please post them. Thanks in advance!
                                  2019-05-26.png

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

That screenshot shows SMAPI version 2.8.2 which is quite out of date. The current version is 2.11.2 and can be downloaded from https://smapi.io/ . After you update SMAPI, if you still have trouble please post your full log to https://log.smapi.io/ (instructions on that page) and share the link here.

• Angiwolfe

Angiwolfe Master Chief

I hope this is the correct place to post my game crash. (Very new to this sort of thing, and apologize if I got it wrong) My game has crashed twice as I try too sleep on the second night of the night market. My Crash data is: https://log.smapi.io/85ijiRwp Hope that helps.

Thank you for your support.

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.