Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@skittleshot That is a an error you get from not having Stardew Valley Expanded installed correctly. You can refer to the troubleshooting section here: Stardew Valley Expanded Wiki; or ask for help on the SVE Nexus mod page; or, if you're on the Stardew Valley discord, you can ask for help in the modding channel.

• TheGodlyKittenNinja

TheGodlyKittenNinja Void-Bound Voyager

Soo... I just tried to add the Expanded Mod to my game. I followed all the steps downloading all the required files before it, and my game immediately crashed upon launching in seconds. My game had worked fine before all of it, so I went through one by one deleting each new thing I had downloading to see which had caused it and if it could be fixed. After deleting all the new files, it's still crashing. I do have A LOT of other mods, so I'm not sure if the new mods caused one of the old ones to change in some way or something... but I can't get my game to work now. Here is the crash log. Please help.

https://log.smapi.io/bb0Uhx8A

• Moragaine

@TheGodlyKittenNinja Actually, you don't have a lot of mods, but some important ones need updating, starting with Smapi. Once you have everything updated you can post another log if your game is still crashing.

• cosmicsaltines

cosmicsaltines Aquatic Astronaut

I recently added Stardew Valley Expanded and every time I open up an existing or new game file, SMAPI crashes. I've never had this issue modding before.
          Here is my smapi log: https://log.smapi.io/YmVN83dC
          I have tried running the mods with both 2.11.1 and 2.11.2.
          I would appreciate the help.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@cosmicsaltines Can you cause the crash again, then upload your log file (not the console text) and post a new link here? (See instructions at log.smapi.io for help finding the log file.)

• Khanjar

Khanjar Space Hobo

So i have the latest versions of both stardew valley and smapi, yet it crashes a few seconds after i start up smapi. I tried to find the log file, but it said there wasn't one. Any advice?

• Reppamon

Reppamon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi there! I was hoping I could get some help with a crashing issue I have. This seems to occur when I'm scrolling through items on my hotbar while simultaneously moving around, but I am unsure if this is the exact cause. It's a sudden crash and the game just closes out immediately after it occurs. I do have quite a few mods running to be fair, and from what I can tell this might be related to JsonAssets somehow?

Here's the error message:
                Code:
                [21:43:07 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                   at JsonAssets.Overrides.ObjectCanPlantHereOverride.Prefix(Object __instance, GameLocation l, Vector2 tile, Boolean& __result) in G:\StardewValley\Mods\JsonAssets\Overrides\Object.cs:line 11
                   at canBePlacedHere_Patch1(Object l, GameLocation tile, Vector2 )
                   at StardewValley.Utility.playerCanPlaceItemHere(GameLocation location, Item item, Int32 x, Int32 y, Farmer f) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 4320
                   at StardewValley.Game1.drawMouseCursor() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 12243
                   at StardewValley.Game1.drawOverlays(SpriteBatch spriteBatch) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 11050
                   at DrawImpl_Patch0(Object gameTime, GameTime )
                   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 952
                [21:43:07 TRACE SMAPI] Recovering sprite batch from error...
                [21:43:07 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing...
                [21:43:07 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing the content coordinator. Content managers will no longer be usable after this point.
                And I'm attaching my full SMAPI Log as well. Thank you so much in advance for any help!

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You're definitely having an error related to JSON Assets, but I'd start by updating all the mods that have updates first.

Also, posting your log on https://log.smapi.io/, then posting the URL here, is the preferred method for error reporting, as it's easier/faster to see problems quickly.

Reppamon likes this.
                  • Reppamon

Thanks for taking a look! Ah, yep, I do have update alerts, but those alerts are for the non-Content Patcher versions of the mods that I don't use as far as the Narrative Overhauls, so I unfortunately can't do anything about those messages because they are already up to date. Trust me, they've really been bugging me, haha! The Custom Farming Automate Bridge I'm using is the unofficial update posted by Pathoschild in April here on the forums, so that one also doesn't actually need to be updated. Thank you for asking about that though just to make sure!

And my apologies for not posting the log on the website! I'll also edit my post with the link, but here it is:
                    https://log.smapi.io/w3D8GHBL

EDIT: Uh, well, I would edit it into my previous post, but the spam filter doesn't seem to want to let me edit said post for some reason!

Last edited: May 8, 2019
                    • Kwidmer

Kwidmer Space Hobo

Hello,

I followed the SVE installation instructions to a T but the game crashes every time I click "OK" to create a character. Here are the logs: https://log.smapi.io/B6ZNgQva

Please help!

• Moragaine

@Kwidmer First, both Stardew Valley Expanded and Immersive Farm 2 Remastered need to the mods NPC Map Locations and Summit Reborn to work, you don't have those installed. Once you have them try booting the game again; you can also check the SVE Wiki for trouble-shooting.

• pamps_alone

pamps_alone Void-Bound Voyager

Help? It's been a little while since I booted the game with SMAPI, but now whenever I try it just gives me a purple screen and immediately crashes. Here's the error log: https://log.smapi.io/MakYcgJV Thank you in advance!

Update: Nevermind! I just had to fully re-install and update SMAPI, and it works fine now!

Last edited: May 8, 2019
                          • Moragaine

• pamps_alone

pamps_alone Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you! Updating SMAPI did the trick!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Reppamon likes this.
                            • Reppamon

• FUA

FUA Space Hobo

[SMAPI] The game crashed last time you played. That can be due to bugs in the game, but if it happens repeatedly you can ask for help here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/108375/.
                              [SMAPI] If you ask for help, make sure to share your SMAPI log: https://log.smapi.io. i dont really know what happend to it my friend set up about a month ago and all the sudden i stoped working and my friend wont help me maybe some one here can

• Moragaine

@FUA Click on the second link in what you pasted, follow the instructions on that page and bring the link to the log page back here. Although, at the least you probably need to update Smapi, which is linked to from there.

• FUA

FUA Space Hobo

• paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Update SMAPI. 2.10.1 (what you have installed) needs to be replaced.

Newest version is always on the front page of smapi.io

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.