Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApollosNight

ApollosNight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. Soda._.Pop

Soda._.Pop Orbital Explorer

My game keeps not working, it will load with a blue screen and then imidenty crash

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Need an error log, but try updating SMAPI first

• roddas

roddas Void-Bound Voyager

• TinyBun

TinyBun Intergalactic Tourist

Hello, so I just updated to SMAPI 2.11 after the Steam version of the game itself updated. All my mods work, nothing seemed out of the ordinary until tonight. Now, the game will just randomly crash out of nowhere while myself and two friends are trying to play in Co-op/Multiplayer. Could this be an issue with the update of SMAPI, or and issue with the game itself due to the latest update? I've taken the time to get my crash log information in case it helps anyone figure out the issue, so feel free to take a loo here: https://log.smapi.io/G5nPaHnQ.

One of the friends who was playing was the first to crash and after restarting her computer she hasn't crashed. Then the second friend crashed, her game went black and white, then zoomed way out, and she had to go to various lengths to get it back to normal. Things were going good for about two hours then I started having the crashing issue, and for me, I could load into the multiplayer session we've got going and it would work fine, then as I get towards out barn to milk the cows and such it would start to lag horribly and the animation was horribly choppy, and then return to normal after a few seconds. I'd milk the cows and then when I would go to make cheese, it would lag and then the game would crash on my end. I'd load back into it, and it would happen again by doing different things. I barely got out of bed while holding a fried egg plate and the game crashed. Then I tried to give Sebastian some quartz and the game crashed, as well as when I tried to give Emily an apricot. I'm not sure why this is happening, being there are no issues with my mods as far as SMAPI is detecting.

• 13akoors

Update SMAPI.

JSON Assets is broken. Use version 1.3.0

Probably won't help, but I'm gonna try it anyways...

NOTICE FOR EVERYONE

Hello everyone. Before you post your error log, please check the following:

Is your SMAPI version currently version 2.11? If not, update it
          Is your JSON Assets version 1.3.1? If so, revert to 1.3.0.

This will solve 50-75% of all issues. Please check this before posting, please...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2019
          • roddas

roddas Void-Bound Voyager

After installing SMAPI 2.11 again, I still got the error
            I manually removed 2.10smapi .zip file and the smapi 2.10 from the steam folder and replaced with the smapi 2.11 installer folder + .zip, i restarted vortex and the game launched normally

I spoke too soon, game launches but freezes at loading savefile, I get these strings
            [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2019
            • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hey guys just a quick reminder not to stack posts. Use the edit button or wait for someone else to reply first. (;

• 13akoors

I'll leave this one to Pathos after this, but I'd guess this might be to how you had to install SMAPI 2.11. My suggestion would be a full reinstall of SV, then reinstall SMAPI. (Got no clue about Nexus/Vortex Mod Manager, so that's my only guess...)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Make sure you install the unofficial version of SpaceCore, not the version on Nexus.
                  • The other update alerts are a mistake by the mod authors. I notified the authors, but for now you can open their manifest.json in a text editor and change the Version fields to "1.1.0" (PufferChickens and Yuriyuri's Hairstyles) and "1.2.0" (Faster Horse).

You have an old unofficial update; try installing the latest one instead.

Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits broke in Stardew Valley 1.3.36. Try using this unofficial update instead.

• putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I've updated all my mods (even though some are saying they're not updated, I suspect it's an error with the manifest's update keys, because I checked the version I have in the Mods folder against the version the log says I can update to, and I either have it or it's unavailable (i.e. says 1.1 but only 1.0 is available) however, I'm still getting this error beginning with the "can't load Maps/mine" line. I've tried removing everything and putting it back in one by one but can't seem to pinpoint which mod is causing it, but I have determined that the game works fine on its own (without running smapi or any mods)...here's my log: https://log.smapi.io/T1p2HW5B

• cirueladevil

cirueladevil Space Hobo

Thank you! Itr worked!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@putaytoe I would try removing Better Quary or Mining at the Farm first; I know Secret Garden Greenhouse was broken for a bit, but you have the new version. Another culprit might be MTN, but I would check the others first.

putaytoe likes this.
                        • Keileon

Keileon Void-Bound Voyager

I'm stumped on my current crashes. I disabled all mods one after another that I'd installed since last playing, disabled mods I thought might be conflicting, updated all mods that had actual bugfixes and weren't just retextures-- and I'm still getting a crash whenever going to sleep.

https://log.smapi.io/DAQUrJBm

It only happens when starting the new day; SaveAnywhere works and I'd assume that Night Owl will work but I don't know if it actually goes through the New Day transition or not. It's not something I'm selling; it's not my mining skill going up to 4 (and I can't check if it is because my last working save is after that). The crash happens at 08:29:55 in the log (SaveAnywhere usually throws an error on game launch for me).

Any ideas?

Edit: A couple notes.

1. It does not happen on starting a new file.
                          2. I didn't see the SpaceCore unofficial thing or JSON Assets being broken, oops. I'll try that juuust in case.

Edit 2:

welp, fixing SpaceCore and JSON Assets worked. I really do need to get my eyes checked.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
                          • dangitdaisy

dangitdaisy Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I keep getting this error message and I tried updating my smapi to 2.11, but my game still keeps freezing. So I'm not sure what the error is. https://log.smapi.io/A1uBDVtJ

• Moragaine

@dangitdaisy The version of Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits you're using has a bug in it; use this unofficial edit until Karmylla get's her's fixed.

• Meganova04

Meganova04 Void-Bound Voyager

[SMAPI] SMAPI 2.10.1 with Stardew Valley 1.3.36 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
                                [SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
                                [SMAPI] The game crashed last time you played. That can be due to bugs in the game, but if it happens repeatedly you can ask for help here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/108375/.
                                [SMAPI] If you ask for help, make sure to share your SMAPI log: https://log.smapi.io.
                                [SMAPI] Press any key to delete the crash data and continue playing.

Anyone know what's up with this? As soon as I press play to load in, it immediately crashes, and SMAPI closes too. Game won't run. Last time I played was Feb 21st

phyllischong likes this.
                                • Moragaine

@Meganova04 You need to update your Smapi to 2.11, the game had an update this week.

• lysbliss11

lysbliss11 Orbital Explorer

• blouwho?

blouwho? Void-Bound Voyager

https://log.smapi.io/6S7AviWZ
                                    Game crashes after intro every time now. Send help please!
                                    ETA: MTN is broken but isn't labeled broken on the mods.smapi.io list

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
                                    Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.