Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@what-the-hades Yes, just download the newest version, unzip the file and run the installer version for your OS.

• Valkyr

Valkyr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello! Just getting into Stardew again after a long hiatus, and after losing all my previous saves, bricking a new one a couple days into Summer and now having a crash-to-desktop repeatedly on day 1 of new saves, I've decided I need help. My crash log is https://log.smapi.io/KM9rRXK7 and I am basically computer illiterate, so many apologies for having to deal with me. Most of these mods worked fine on my new save until I tried to add a coffee mod that bricked my new save but I am still having problems after removing the likely offenders and also anything that popped up by name in the SMAPI log that runs alongside the game.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Valkyr The latest version of Json Assets is broken for many players. The author is looking into it, but in the meantime try installing Json Assets 1.3.0 (under 'old files' on the mod's Files tab). If you still have problems after doing that, can you post a fresh log?

Valkyr likes this.
        • Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

hi! i'm trying to put true/false into my json, but smapi is telling me it's invalid and i can't figure out why

[​IMG] [​IMG]

sorry if i'm missing something really obvious- i'm not very good at understanding coding

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Just from what I can see, you have a comment in the Json file, Unless somethings changed, comments can't go in there. The next thing, is you're missing commas.

Code:
            "FromFile" : "assets/tools.png"
            "Enabled" : true

should be something like

Code:
            "FromFile" : "assets/tools.png",
            "Enabled" : true

Rosalie likes this.
            • Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

thank you so much!! it worked ^^

do you mean the // Cute Valley for the comment? it also works with it being there

• Mizzion

Yeah the //SOMETHING SOMETHING, those are comments. CP must disregard them automatically. Interesting to know, Thanks for the info :)

And you're welcome.

Rosalie likes this.
                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep, Content Patcher and SMAPI both ignore comments.

• chiribunny

chiribunny Void-Bound Voyager

Hi i'm trying to play co-op with my boyfriend but everytime I get in the same room as him it crashes both our games T ^ T im not so good at reading logs (he has no mods while i have lots >_<) if anyone knows the problem i'd really really appreciate it!

https://log.smapi.io/AcxvNr1z

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@chiribunny It's usually better if all players use the same mods, especially any that add custom content like Kisekae.

• BeneathThePlass

BeneathThePlass Void-Bound Voyager

I'm running into an issue that's crashing my game, hoping someone might be able to help. I've just finished updating my game for the first time since last September, and after eliminating most of the defunct mods/updating everything else, I tried to start a new game. The issue occurred when I picked up an item in my home (a tree) and tried to set it back down again. The game immediately froze, my mouse flickered for a split second, and it crashed. This has happened three times; I eliminated one mod (More Rings) that I saw errors from it in the SMAPI log, but there's still errors from SMAPI itself..

1st: https://log.smapi.io/FtR2CavK
                        2nd: https://log.smapi.io/UZxMwNeG
                        3rd: https://log.smapi.io/nHgMdLrR

EDIT: Poking around support threads, I saw someone mention that Json Assetts 1.3.1 was broken, to use 1.3.0. I swapped my Json Assets, and all's good!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
                          13akoors likes this.
                        • ottermei

ottermei Void-Bound Voyager

My game suddenly started crashing today. It loaded Smapi through Steam, but the window that popped up was purple instead of the normal game screen. Crash log - https://log.smapi.io/SR8BvACg

• Moragaine

Update to the newest Smapi, the game just updated. You need Smapi 2.11.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@GlacierWolf Please upload your log to log.smapi.io instead, and post the link here instead. That'll be much easier to read, and won't flood the forum page.

• hammaj

hammaj Space Hobo

My game keeps crashing and it told me to come here, all i see is a blue/purple screen and it closes. Done it repeatedly. Said to share my smapi log but i don't know what part of it to share, please help!
                                Here's the log:

[20:27:36 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 2.10.1 with Stardew Valley 1.3.36 on Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
                                [20:27:36 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
                                [20:27:36 TRACE SMAPI] Log started at 2019-03-01T20:27:36 UTC
                                [20:27:36 ERROR SMAPI] The game crashed last time you played. That can be due to bugs in the game, but if it happens repeatedly you can ask for help here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/108375/.
                                [20:27:36 ERROR SMAPI] If you ask for help, make sure to share your SMAPI log: https://log.smapi.io.
                                [20:27:36 INFO SMAPI] Press any key to delete the crash data and continue playing.
                                [20:32:18 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting game...
                                [20:32:28 TRACE game] setGameMode( 'titleScreenGameMode (0)' )
                                [20:32:29 TRACE game] Steam logged on: True
                                [20:32:29 TRACE game] Initializing GalaxySDK
                                [20:32:30 TRACE game] Requesting Steam app ticket
                                [20:32:30 TRACE SMAPI] Detecting common issues...
                                [20:32:30 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mod metadata...
                                [20:32:30 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mods...
                                [20:32:31 TRACE SMAPI] Automate (Automate 1.11.1-1063-1-11-1-1546655127\Automate\Automate.dll)...
                                [20:32:31 TRACE SMAPI] Console Commands (ConsoleCommands\ConsoleCommands.dll)...
                                [20:32:31 TRACE SMAPI] Save Backup (SaveBackup\SaveBackup.dll)...
                                [20:32:31 TRACE SMAPI] Stack Everything (StackEverything\StackEverything.dll)...
                                [20:32:31 TRACE SMAPI] Detected game patcher (Harmony.HarmonyInstance type) in assembly StackEverything.dll.
                                [20:32:31 TRACE SMAPI] Loading StackEverything.dll...
                                [20:32:31 TRACE SMAPI] Tractor Mod (Tractor Mod 4.7.3-1401-4-7-3-1546657562\TractorMod\TractorMod.dll)...
                                [20:32:31 INFO SMAPI] Loaded 5 mods:
                                [20:32:31 INFO SMAPI] Automate 1.11.1 by Pathoschild | Lets you automate crafting machines, fruit trees, and more by connecting them to chests.
                                [20:32:31 INFO SMAPI] Console Commands 2.10.1 by SMAPI | Adds SMAPI console commands that let you manipulate the game.
                                [20:32:31 INFO SMAPI] Save Backup 2.10.1 by SMAPI | Automatically backs up all your saves once per day into its folder.
                                [20:32:31 INFO SMAPI] Stack Everything 2.13 by Cat | Lets you stack BigCraftables (scarecrows, furnaces, casks, etc), Furniture, and Wallpapers up to 999.
                                [20:32:31 INFO SMAPI] Tractor Mod 4.7.3 by Pathoschild | Lets you buy a tractor to more efficiently work with crops, clear twigs and rocks, etc.

[20:32:31 INFO SMAPI] Found 1 mod with warnings:
                                [20:32:31 INFO SMAPI] Patched game code
                                [20:32:31 INFO SMAPI] --------------------------------------------------
                                [20:32:31 INFO SMAPI] These mods directly change the game code. They're more likely to cause errors or bugs in-game; if
                                [20:32:31 INFO SMAPI] your game has issues, try removing these first. Otherwise you can ignore this warning.

[20:32:31 INFO SMAPI] - Stack Everything

[20:32:32 TRACE SMAPI] Found mod-provided API (Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.AutomateAPI).
                                [20:32:32 TRACE Save Backup] Adding 2019-03-01 - SMAPI 2.10.1 with Stardew Valley 1.3.36.zip...
                                [20:32:32 TRACE Stack Everything] Patching Int32 maximumStackSize() with Boolean Prefix(Int32 ByRef)
                                [20:32:32 TRACE Stack Everything] Patching Int32 addToStack(Int32) with Boolean Prefix(StardewValley.Item, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
                                [20:32:32 TRACE Stack Everything] Patching Void drawInMenu(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2, Single, Single, Single, Boolean, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Color, Boolean) with Void Postfix(StardewValley.Item, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2, Single, Single, Single, Boolean, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Color, Boolean)
                                [20:32:32 TRACE Stack Everything] Patching Int32 maximumStackSize() with Boolean Prefix(Int32 ByRef)
                                [20:32:32 TRACE Stack Everything] Patching Int32 addToStack(Int32) with Boolean Prefix(StardewValley.Item, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
                                [20:32:32 TRACE Stack Everything] Patching Void drawInMenu(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2, Single, Single, Single, Boolean, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Color, Boolean) with Void Postfix(StardewValley.Item, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2, Single, Single, Single, Boolean, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Color, Boolean)
                                [20:32:32 TRACE Stack Everything] Patching Boolean leftClick(Int32, Int32, StardewValley.Farmer) with Boolean Prefix(StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation, Boolean ByRef, Int32, Int32, StardewValley.Farmer)
                                [20:32:32 TRACE Stack Everything] Patching Void tryToPlaceItem(StardewValley.GameLocation, StardewValley.Item, Int32, Int32) with Boolean Prefix(StardewValley.GameLocation, StardewValley.Item, Int32, Int32)
                                [20:32:32 TRACE Stack Everything] Patching Void doDoneFishing(Boolean) with Void Prefix(StardewValley.Tools.FishingRod) Void Postfix(StardewValley.Tools.FishingRod)
                                [20:32:32 TRACE SMAPI] Invalidating cached assets for new editors & loaders...
                                [20:32:32 TRACE SMAPI] Invalidated 0 cache entries.
                                [20:32:32 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for updates...
                                [20:32:32 INFO SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                                [20:32:32 TRACE game] Window_ClientSizeChanged(); Window.ClientBounds={X:43 Y:35 Width:1280 Height:720}
                                [20:32:32 TRACE game] Signing into GalaxySDK
                                [20:32:32 DEBUG SMAPI] Stack Everything uses deprecated code (legacy events are deprecated since SMAPI 2.9).
                                [20:32:32 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 StardewValley.BellsAndWhistles.SpriteText.getWidthOfString(System.String)'.
                                at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime)
                                at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 953
                                [20:32:33 TRACE game] Window_ClientSizeChanged(); Window.ClientBounds={X:0 Y:0 Width:1366 Height:768}
                                [20:32:33 TRACE game] Window_ClientSizeChanged(); Window.ClientBounds={X:0 Y:0 Width:1366 Height:768}
                                [20:32:33 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 StardewValley.BellsAndWhistles.SpriteText.getWidthOfString(System.String)'.
                                at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 953
                                [20:32:33 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 StardewValley.BellsAndWhistles.SpriteText.getWidthOfString(System.String)'.
                                [20:32:33 TRACE game] Galaxy auth success
                                [20:32:33 TRACE game] Galaxy signed in
                                [20:32:33 TRACE game] Galaxy logged on
                                [20:32:33 ALERT SMAPI] You can update SMAPI to 2.11: https://smapi.io
                                [20:32:33 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for updates to 3 mods...
                                [20:32:34 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 StardewValley.BellsAndWhistles.SpriteText.getWidthOfString(System.String)'.
                                [20:32:34 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 StardewValley.BellsAndWhistles.SpriteText.getWidthOfString(System.String)'.
                                [20:32:34 TRACE SMAPI] All mods up to date.
                                [20:32:34 CRITICAL SMAPI] SMAPI requested an immediate game shutdown: the game crashed when drawing, and SMAPI was unable to recover the game.
                                [20:32:34 TRACE SMAPI] SMAPI shutting down: aborting update.

• Moragaine

• Mizzion

• kthxrawr

kthxrawr Void-Bound Voyager

Updated to the latest version of SMAPI, now the game freezes when loading a save (and after the intro on a new save): https://log.smapi.io/6k39MU7b

• Mizzion

One or more of your mods are trying to load the mine's incorrectly.

Code:
                                    Error loading "Maps\mine". File contains xTile.Map but trying to load as Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D
                                    The problem is, it doesn't exactly say which one it is.

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.