Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Try taking out Cranber's Fireflies, unless it's the modified version.

• hoetorii12345

hoetorii12345 Aquatic Astronaut

hello! im having a problem thats making me have to walk out of my house/cellar to trigger the sleep cycle. it didnt happen before downloading this mod, but all they are are portraits and i dont understand how that could be the problem. and yes, i understand to simply "dont use this mod" but i want to see if there is a solution so i can play with this mod, if simply its incompatible thats fine lol. heres my CP mod folder. thank you for any help! i found the CP version that somebody made but it didnt make a difference either.

Attached Files:

• sga.PNG
          sga.PNG
          File size:
          70.4 KB
          Views:
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@hoetorii12345 That's usually caused by outdated mods which change the farmhouse interior. Did you install anything like that recently? Does it still happen if you temporarily remove the portrait mod?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Stardew Valley 1.3.33 is released on PC! SMAPI is fully compatible with the update, but three mods broke (Crops Transplant, Magic, and Prismatic Tools). You can check mods.smapi.io to see if a mod is compatible and where to find the latest updates, unofficial updates, or alternatives.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

@Pathoschild Is there a expected date for the release of SMAPI 3?
            Someone brought to me that some of my mods are giving warns on the use of deprecated events.
            I'd like to know if it is something I need to plan to do right now because the release is imminent or I can wait a while longer to do everything on one go.

Edit: By the way, Crop Transplant mod is already update for version 1.3.33

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Many thanks! I don't keep a close eye on my github account and they don't give me any warning about pull request. (maybe I need to config e-mail notification or something)
              I'll take a look at it over the weekend.

• k3rizz3k

k3rizz3k Intergalactic Tourist

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
              • 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That seems to be an issue with Custom Farming Redux, or one of its child mods. Try removing that mod and see if the crash continues.

• maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello all. Just started using mods today and am finding that after installing SMAPI, Content Patcher and one compatible mod, the crashes immediately when trying to load a file. Looking at the SMAPI log for this error (https://log.smapi.io/xQzuHZRs), it looks as though there's some kind of draw loop going on with SMAPI. I only have the one texture mod installed and the log lists no errors in the mod itself- does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Does this have anything to do with the new version of Content Patcher released today?
                  Many thanks!
                  Edit: When trying to open the vanilla game without mods using Stardew Valley.exe, it immediately goes back to the title screen when trying to load a save.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
                  • Skuldi

Skuldi Space Hobo

Hi I recently started adding mods to my game everything been working fine. Now im on Spring day 27 of the first year. I went to robin's to get the cellar upgrade, made my character sleep and everything fine and saved and now I try and make my character sleep again and the game crashes here is my crash log. can anyone help me please https://log.smapi.io/ZdFV2UyT

• hoetorii12345

hi, sorry for the late reply. yes i do have an interior mod. but is it the bed its self or the house border mods? (bed) im gonna try replacing the bed with an updated version.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
                      • hoetorii12345

update: i had three interior mods, i used them each separately but still ran into the problem, im trying without any interior mods. edit: im taking out all of my cp mods and adding them in one by one! good luck to me
                        edit 2: even without any mods installed (cp atleast) i still couldnt sleep! guess sleepless nights await my farmer lol
                        *i have updated my smapi also

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
                        • MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

@hoetorii12345 : The issue Pathos was talking about would be from a mod that replaces the farmhouse map. If none of your Content Patcher mods appear to be causing it, you might have an XNB map mod installed; to remove that as a possibility, you'll need to reset your content files.

• hoetorii12345

ah i understand, i have the iconic "victorian farm" look so ill go through and see if any of them have a update, thanks!

• hoetorii12345

so i did it manually and downloaded the cp vers. of this mod and still nothing, thanks for the help guys, it really means alot! if you need any images of the mods i have now or anything feel free to ask!

• Mew101

Mew101 Big Damn Hero

https://log.smapi.io/Epf0UH88

My game crashes every time I attempt to sleep, I hadn't added any mods or changed any settings since the last time I slept in the game and everything was fine, any help would be greatly appreciated

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looking at both of your error files, they seem to be the exact same error. Given the fact that you're both on different game versions (1.3.32 vs 33), its unlikely a base game issue.

I'll leave this to Pathos and/or others to figure out, but I will say that the following mods are the only one's overlapping between you two, making one the likely cause:

SMAPI 2.1.10 itself
                                  Better Ranching
                                  CJB Cheats Menu
                                  CJB Item Spawner
                                  Lookip Anything
                                  NPC Map Locations (One of you is on 2.3, the other 2.3.1)
                                  Save Backup

Pathoschild likes this.
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@maeru_maeru The game is trying to load a "Mae486645_171902740 - Copy" save folder. Try removing the " - Copy" part, the folder name needs to match exactly.

@Skuldi @Mew101 That usually happens when you have a custom farmhouse interior and upgrade the farmhouse. You can remove any custom farmhouse maps (including XNB mods), play a day to get past the upgrade, then put them back. If it still happens, try resetting your content files too.

• maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That did the trick- thank you so much!

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.