Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesertEskimo

DesertEskimo Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone have any ideas as to why my game is crashing when I sleep?
    https://log.smapi.io/S7Ek3Mey
    About all I can tell is its something with warp points? At least thats what I think it is.

• ThatFluff

ThatFluff Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DesertEskimo Does it still happen if you remove the mods listed under "Patched game code" in that log?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ThatFluff That's an error with Custom Farming Redux; I suggest reporting it on that mod's page so the author can look into it.

ThatFluff likes this.
        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• DesertEskimo

DesertEskimo Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild
          No after removing a quarter of the mods it doesnt crash anymore when I sleep.
          https://log.smapi.io/gqM8wxKT
          But thats gonna be very tedious to see which of the 24 causes the crash. Well guess time to look.

Edit: It seems to be when i put in the MTN mod that it crashes upon sleeping. The other 99 mods when they're in the folder let me sleep but when that mod goes in, crash.
          https://log.smapi.io/jH0P3fG2

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I suggest reporting that to the MTN author, so he can look into it.

• hiabara

hiabara Aquatic Astronaut

Maybe this is a really stupid question, but I want to make sure everything's working properly.
              Around two updates ago SMAPI suddenly had all this text when I open my game:

[​IMG]

I played for like 12 hours and everything seems to work fine and all my mods are updated, but the "deprecated code" lines worry me a bit, so I just wanted to make sure that this is normal? Or is this something I have to fix?

• conamore

conamore Void-Bound Voyager

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@hiabara It's safe to ignore the 'deprecated code' messages for now. Those mean the mod will break in SMAPI 3.0, but the authors still have about two months to update. I suggest letting the authors know about the message if someone hasn't already. I'm submitting pull requests and preparing unofficial updates for the mods that aren't updated by the authors, so by the time SMAPI 3.0 releases at least 95% of open-source should be fine.

@conamore @Moragaine I submitted a workaround in Custom Critters, so the crash should no longer happen after its next update.

hiabara and conamore like this.
                • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Excellent!

• lbg_

lbg_ Space Hobo

Hey. I have the latest stable version of Mono, the latest version of SMAPI and the latest version of Stardew Valley installed on my Mac, running OSX 10.11.5

Having SMAPI installed (I haven't loaded any mods on) stops Stardew Valley from running normally. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling SMAPI, and reinstalling Mono. Steam shows 'running' and 'syncing' but then nothing happens. I see this is an issue on the wiki under the troubleshooting section, but it says it is one a Windows issue/only has the solution for Windows? any help appreciated, thanks.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• lbg_

lbg_ Space Hobo

• blessicalynn

blessicalynn Void-Bound Voyager

https://log.smapi.io/gjv30gzV

Entering the blacksmith's shop only shows shadows of clint and farmer before crashing the whole game- no idea why. Does not happen without mods but cannot seem to figure out which mod/what else could be causing the crash. At a loss on what to do next. Any help appreciated!

edit: solved!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@blessicalynn Can you cause the crash again, then post a new log without relaunching the game?

• blessicalynn

blessicalynn Void-Bound Voyager

Forgot to edit I solved it- had Longevity mod installed incorrectly, cause I am a fool. Thanks for helping though!

• Snarkypie

Snarkypie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh boy, where to even start on this one..

Firstly, could you update to the latest version of SMAPI, as well as update the 10 mods that have updates (and possibly the 11th one that didn't load at all due to being out of date)? One of these updates is the most likely cause.

Secondly, do you have any XNB mods installed? if so, could you remove those and see if the error stops.

If none of these help, it seems you have a lot of Content Patcher errors and JSON Assets warnings. I'd suggest removing those mods and their dependencies first and see if one of those is causing the issue,

Thread Status:
                            Not open for further replies.