Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Cosmos Killer

2. Thaylie

Thaylie Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, my game keeps crashing if I am on my farm at 6pm or later. It started doing this as soon as spring started on my fifth year. It only crashes if I run the game through SMAPI.

My error log always ends with:

[23:00:22 TRACE game] Warping to Farm
    [23:00:22 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1076
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 828
    [23:00:22 TRACE SMAPI] Recovering sprite batch from error...
    [23:00:22 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing...
    [23:00:22 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing the content coordinator. Content managers will no longer be usable after this point.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

• Pathoschild

• Thaylie

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

While Pathos gets back to you on any other possible issues, have you tried updating the 5 mods that say they have updates

• Pathoschild

Yep, can you update those and post a new log if it still happens then?

• Thaylie

• Pathoschild

@Thaylie Can you try removing the fireflies content pack for Custom Critters?

• Thaylie

That did the trick! Thank you so much!

• Pathoschild

SMAPI 2.9 is now available!

This mainly fixes a number of issues, adds new features for modders, and begins the migration to SMAPI 3.0.

For modders: you can now update your mods for the upcoming SMAPI 3.0, which will release in Q1 2019. 3.0 overhauls SMAPI events so they're much more consistent, powerful, extensible, and discoverable. You can install SMAPI 2.9 'strict mode' to test your mods for compatibility with SMAPI 3.0. If you have questions or need help, feel free to ask!

See the release notes and mod compatibility list for more info.

• newtype

newtype Intergalactic Tourist

Just installed SMAPI 2.9. My game now crashes if I attempt to build a shed. It is also automatically closing out the crash log, so I can't see what the actual error messages are.

• Pathoschild

• newtype

https://log.smapi.io/WPdFKGCz

Relevant part

5:44:02 ERROR SMAPI An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'ObservableCollectionWatcher`1'. at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.StateTracking.FieldWatchers.BaseDisposableWatcher.AssertNotDisposed() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\StateTracking\FieldWatchers\BaseDisposableWatcher.cs:line 33 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.StateTracking.FieldWatchers.ObservableCollectionWatcher`1.Update() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\StateTracking\FieldWatchers\ObservableCollectionWatcher.cs:line 52 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.StateTracking.LocationTracker.Update() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\StateTracking\LocationTracker.cs:line 93 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.StateTracking.WorldLocationsTracker.Update() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\StateTracking\WorldLocationsTracker.cs:line 82 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.WatcherCore.Update() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\WatcherCore.cs:line 108 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 444

15:44:02 ERROR SMAPI An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'ObservableCollectionWatcher`1'. at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.StateTracking.FieldWatchers.BaseDisposableWatcher.AssertNotDisposed() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\StateTracking\FieldWatchers\BaseDisposableWatcher.cs:line 33 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.StateTracking.FieldWatchers.ObservableCollectionWatcher`1.Update() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\StateTracking\FieldWatchers\ObservableCollectionWatcher.cs:line 52 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.StateTracking.LocationTracker.Update() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\StateTracking\LocationTracker.cs:line 93 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.StateTracking.WorldLocationsTracker.Update() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\StateTracking\WorldLocationsTracker.cs:line 82 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.WatcherCore.Update() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\WatcherCore.cs:line 106 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 444

• Pathoschild

@newtype Thanks! I'm looking into that now, and I'll release a 2.9.1 to fix it soon.

• Pathoschild

Fixed in the upcoming SMAPI 2.9.1. Thanks for reporting it!

• Pathoschild

SMAPI 2.9.1 is now available!

Release notes:
                        • Fixed crash in SMAPI 2.9 when constructing certain buildings.
                        • Fixed error when a map asset is reloaded in rare cases.

• newtype

Thank you for fixing it Pathoschild!

• ThatFluff

ThatFluff Aquatic Astronaut

Seems like the garden pot cutscene is crashing my game, when I hover my mouse over the pot it insta crashes. ;_; Haven't had issues with Smapi until this was triggered in events, and the error log appears to show the same thing:

[19:19:48 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                            at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                            at StardewValley.Object.getDescription() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\Object.cs:line 3557
                            at StardewValley.Menus.Toolbar.draw(SpriteBatch b) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\Toolbar.cs:line 202
                            at StardewValley.Game1.drawHUD() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 11836
                            at DrawImpl_Patch0(Object gameTime, GameTime )
                            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 888

any fix for this? Or is the save corrupted entirely?

• Pathoschild

• valkryeloyd14

valkryeloyd14 Intergalactic Tourist

hi! my game keep crashing after i go to sleep,i checked with another save data but it didnt crash so i assume maybe my data corrupt or something? a help would be great i spent a lot of time in that save :( heres my save data my.mixtape.moe/niosch.rar and my smapi log https://log.smapi.io/BsZ4kGQY thanks before!