Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetpickles

sweetpickles Big Damn Hero

Can Someone help me Im trying to use the Stardew Valley Expansion with the latest version of SMAPI, Frame Entorax, Advanced Location Loader, and Stardew Valley Itself. But every time i try to load or create a new save, it crashes. This is my Game Log can someone help me.

Attached Files:

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Unfortunately, you deleted the crash log when you tried to restart the game. Can you cause the crash again, then upload before re-launching the game. Preferably, upload the log to log.smapi.io, then post the link here

Secondly, Entoarox doesn't have much time for mod upkeep, so any errors are probably due to those mods being outdated anyways, meaning it's not a SMAPI issue. Pathos or Ento will get around to making changes when they can, so if you must play with ALL, I would suggest reverting till those mods are updated

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Actually, Entoaraox Framework and ALL have been updated for 1.3.32; you can check for updated mods here: https://mods.smapi.io/.

• sweetpickles

Sorry here is the correct crash log

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@sweetpickles It looks like Stardew Valley Expansion is currently broken (the mod page says "hidden until updated"), so I suggest removing that mod for now.

• sweetpickles

Is there a way that i can fix it, by like editing the manifest.json because its a real nice additon to my world and id hate to wait forever to get it fixed.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I'm not sure in this case; you'd need to find out why it's failing. You could try asking the Advanced Location Loader or Stardew Valley Expansion authors (make sure to include a link to your log file).

• hoetorii12345

hoetorii12345 Aquatic Astronaut

Hey everyone! I have Texture replacers downloaded and when i hit lvl 10 farming the auto grabber was entirely gone, when placed down its and invisble 1x1 tile, also the seasonal plants are like that too, heres a picture. any idea what files/mods could be messing that up? (happy to show mod folder and downloaded mods) ((ignore the file names lol))

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• hoetorii12345

hoetorii12345 Aquatic Astronaut

thank u so much, im off to go reinstall the content patcher ones instead, thank u again!

• Goad88

Goad88 Aquatic Astronaut

Hi, everyone. I'm new to modding Stardew Valley so I'm trying to start off with what I think should be a simple task. I want to add a new item to the game that is craftable, placeable, and acts similar to a plant pot or slime trough in that it can be filled with the watering can.

I know how to load my custom sprite into the code but I am unsure about the best way to add the new item. I've scoured the documentation on the SDV wiki and looked at other mod code that adds some new items but I haven't come across a consistent way to do it. I've seen some mods use the IAssetEditor interface to expand the size of spritesheets being loaded and splice their own spritesheet in. Then, they append their own items in the object information asset. This makes plenty of sense to me, but I'm wondering if this method is compatible with other mods. If not, I would appreciate seeing an example of how to do it in a better way. Thanks much!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Goad88 That's the main approach for a self-contained mod, but as you suspected it can conflict with item IDs used by other mods. Json Assets addresses that by assigning item IDs dynamically, but it doesn't support custom behaviour directly. So the best option might be adding the custom item with a Json Assets content pack, then adding the custom behaviour through a SMAPI mod. That's the approach used by Line Sprinklers, for example. (That mod isn't open-source, but you can decompile its code to see how it works.)

• Ajajane

Ajajane Big Damn Hero

When I went to save for the night I had an issue where none of my keyboard commands worked and animation like the fireplace froze, but I could still click on things like swapping tools or opening my journal from the ! button. I tabbed out to check out SMAPI and then tried to research the errors from 19:04-19:07 but didn't quite find what I was looking for so I decided to go back to the game and see if the issue persisted and it crashed. All errors starting from ~19:17 are what occurred when I tried to tab back into the game, can anyone help me figure out what the issue may be?
                          https://log.smapi.io/9hkphzUN

The game has also been loading up pretty slowly and it will hang a bit when saving and loading the next day, have I just modded SMAPI till it broke? >_>

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Ajajane Does that still happen if you remove UI Info Suite?

• Ajajane

Ajajane Big Damn Hero

I tried doing another day with and without UI Info Suite and I'm still getting the same odd half way freeze, the only difference I had was that SMAPI didn't show any errors with either time.

Edit: If it helps the only thing that changed is that it is the day after the community center opens up and is the day you meet the wizard.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
                              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you post a new log without UI Info Suite?

• Ajajane

Ajajane Big Damn Hero

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Ajajane Does it still happen if you remove all the mods listed under "Patched game code" in that log?

• kendermouse

kendermouse Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure my first post went through, so...
                                    I'm getting a huge error that's breaking the game where I can't play it, but I don't quite understand what it means, so I've got no way of figuring out how to fix it. Can someone help me?
                                    Log: https://log.smapi.io/EuQSYKQN

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@kendermouse Stardew Valley 1.3.32 was released this week, so installing the latest SMAPI update should fix that. You'll need to update your mods too; the SMAPI console will show update alerts in purple, and you can check mods.smapi.io to know which mods have updates or alternatives.

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.