Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have encountered a repeatable issue that causes the screen to become locked and certain sound effects to not play (such as sucking up an item on the ground - not picking one up through an action).
    In this occurrence the viewport stays centered on a specific area and will only refresh if the screen is moved (opening the inventory). At that point it recenters on the character. Interestingly on rainy days the rain is frozen.
    Also, when in the inventory menu, rain and other assets will move, but upon closing, the viewport it once again locked.

Screenshot and error log excerpt have been included as the full error log is too large to upload.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Aveloren We'll need the log file to identify the issue. If it's too big to upload to log.smapi.io, you can upload a zip of it to a service like mixtape.moe and post the link here.

• Aveloren

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Aveloren

Thank you for the suggestions, sadly it continues to happen. What I did:

Removed longevity DNPCC folder and Pencilstab's Portraits (sadly), as they may be causing conflicts.
        Updated Birthday Mail (although I had already done it earlier today) - removed previous version for a fresh install.
        Updated Casks Anywhere.
        Removed the Expanded Woods (I was really thinking this was it as it changes the map).
        Re-updated SpaceCore - removed previous version for a fresh install.

Thanks again.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Aveloren That log looks much better, just a few errors now. Longevity is still failing because it can't find the DNPCC files; can you try removing Longevity entirely?

• Aveloren

Well it looks like it does have something to do with Longevity. Its odd, there never used to be an error with removing the DNPCC files. Any idea why not having certain portraits and sprites may cause viewport issues?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@aveleron I suggest asking the Longevity author on Nexus.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.8 beta 5 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.31+ beta only.)

Release notes since beta 4:
                • For players:
                  • Improved various error messages to be more clear and intuitive.
                  • SMAPI now prevents a crash caused by mods adding dialogue the game can't parse.
                  • Fixed error when mods add an unnamed location.
                  • Fixed Linux compatibility issues for some players. SMAPI will now always use xterm if it's available.
                  • Fixed translation issues not shown as warnings.
                  • Fixed dependencies not correctly enforced if the dependency is installed but failed to load.
                  • Updated compatibility list.
                • For modders:
                  • Added support for overlaying image assets with semi-transparency using the content API.
                  • Added more events for the upcoming SMAPI 3.0.
                  • Added SkillType enum constant.
                  • When comparing mod versions, SMAPI now considers -unofficial to be lower-precedence than any other value (e.g. 1.0-beta is now considered newer than 1.0-unofficial regardless of normal sorting).
                  • Fixed trace logs not showing path for invalid mods.
                  • Fixed mod web API returning a concatenated name for mods with alternate names.
                Let me know if you run into any issues!

• Ice Dagger

Ice Dagger Master Chief

Mods that no longer work crash my game. Is there a mod to edit items in chests or to remove the chests outright?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Ice Dagger

Ice Dagger Master Chief

• newtype

newtype Void-Bound Voyager

Having a problem with the game occasionally crashing during the overnight period before saving, presumably due to the auto-grabber mod located here: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2783

SMAPI Log:
                    https://log.smapi.io/estwpK1z

Main part is here:

15:37:50 ERROR game System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. at StardewValley.Network.OverlaidDictionary.PairsCollection.ElementAt(Int32 index) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\OverlaidDictionary.cs:line 301 at StardewValley.GameLocation.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 2567 at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5558 at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__516_1() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5198 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

15:37:50 ERROR SMAPI An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1903 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 270

15:37:50 ERROR game System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1903 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 270

Any advice?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
                    • SasserO

SasserO Space Spelunker

Pease help. How I solve my problem ?? (Stardew 1.3.28 SMAPI 2.7)

[SMAPI] SMAPI 2.7 with Stardew Valley 1.3.28 on Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
                      [SMAPI] Mods go here: P:\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
                      [SMAPI] Starting game...
                      Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 413150
                      Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198243949702 [API loaded no]
                      [SMAPI] Loaded 3 mods:
                      [SMAPI] Console Commands 2.7 by SMAPI | Adds SMAPI console commands that let
                      you manipulate the game.
                      [SMAPI] LookupAnything 1.19 by Pathoschild | View metadata about anything by
                      pressing a button.
                      [SMAPI] Save Backup 2.7 by SMAPI | Automatically backs up all your saves once
                      per day into its folder.

[SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                      [SMAPI] The game failed unexpectedly: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted
                      to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memor
                      y is corrupt.
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.EffectPass.Apply()
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.SetRenderState()
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
                      at Pathoschild.Stardew.LookupAnything.Components.LookupMenu.<>c__DisplayClass
                      27_0.<draw>b__0() in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\LookupAnything\Componen
                      ts\LookupMenu.cs:line 370
                      at Pathoschild.Stardew.Common.CommonHelper.InterceptErrors(IMonitor monitor,
                      String verb, String detailedVerb, Action action, Action`1 onError) in C:\source\
                      _Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\Common\CommonHelper.cs:line 256
                      at Pathoschild.Stardew.LookupAnything.Components.LookupMenu.draw(SpriteBatch
                      spriteBatch) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\LookupAnything\Components\Lo
                      okupMenu.cs:line 236
                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source
                      \_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1338
                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_St
                      ardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 753
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, Eve
                      ntArgs e)
                      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.Unsafe
                      NativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
                      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.Uns
                      afeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int
                      32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 r
                      eason, ApplicationContext context)
                      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason
                      , ApplicationContext context)
                      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
                      at StardewModdingAPI.Program.RunInteractively() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\s
                      rc\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 304
                      [SMAPI] Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

• condescendingturtle

condescendingturtle Void-Bound Voyager

im modding for the first time (which explains why im here lol) and ive gotten a crash that i dont know how to fix. any help would be greatly appreciated :)

https://log.smapi.io/zt5iyW0W

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You unfortunately deleted the crash log upon re-launching the game. Can you re-cause the crash, then upload the log before launching the game again

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@newtype It's hard to know which mod is causing that error. Does it still happen if you remove No Seeds From Trees Fix and Stack Everything? If so, can you post a new log?

@SasserO That usually means a problem with your computer's RAM, graphics card, or graphics drivers. Try updating or reinstalling your graphics drivers; if that doesn't work, try installing NVidia GeForce Experience or AMD Radeon Software (whichever matches your graphics card).

• condescendingturtle

condescendingturtle Void-Bound Voyager

whoops! here it is https://log.smapi.io/VGs5ehsB

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

condescendingturtle likes this.
                              • AriannaWyer

AriannaWyer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've had crashes happen a few times now within the game--it's always on save, but I've been able to bypass the day and play normally, only to have the crash come back later. Personally I don't know what's causing this (I've got an amount of outdated mods in the mods folder right now because they were present when I first encountered the crash.)

Any help would be super awesome--I imagine it's a case of outdated mod, but I would like to be sure.

https://log.smapi.io/3KwuJ74N

Edit: I saw that my error seems to be similar to newtype's log--the same lines are referenced

Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.