Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slockhart

Slockhart Void-Bound Voyager

Twice today I had my game crash when going to bed. The first time, I was able to just redo the day and be fine. I'm guessing this second time will be the same but it's obviously an ongoing issue. The only error I'm receiving is from SMAPI. How can I fix this?

Here's my SMAPI log.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Slockhart Can you cause the crash again, then (without relaunching the game) post the new log?

• Slockhart

I'll post if it happens again. A couple hours went by between the two crashes I had before so it may be a bit.

• Slockhart

So the game just crashed again but there's no new log. I haven't relaunched the game. There's only one file in the ErrorLogs folder and it's the same latest.txt from earlier.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Slockhart Can you upload it anyway so I can see if anything changed?

• kendermouse

kendermouse Void-Bound Voyager

Having a bit of trouble getting Steam to start with SMAPI instead of the vanilla files, for some reason.
              I just transferred everything to a new computer, installed SMAPI fresh, and followed the instructions for changing Steam's launch options.
              I even double, and triple checked that it's set correctly, and I've done three separate restarts.

I can launch SMAPI on it's own, by pasting the stuff into Explorer, but I'd really like to be able to use the Steam overlay, and finish getting my Achievements...
              So, if someone could help me figure this out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

(It's a windows 10 machine, and as far as I know, I've got the latest stable versions of both SMAPI and Stardew, in case that's needed info.)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@kendermouse What happens when you launch the game through Steam? Can you copy your Steam launch options and paste them here?

• kendermouse

@Pathoschild As I said, it refuses to launch anything but Vanilla Stardew.
                  And currently, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" is the only launch option, I know of, because I pasted it in there, just like the instructions say to do.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

You're missing part of the launch options. Try exactly like this:
                    Code:
                    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%

• kendermouse

@Pathoschild I feel incredibly stupid for having missed that. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.

• KyokoDolls

KyokoDolls Space Hobo

Hi, the nice text box in SMAPI told me to post here about my crashes, so I'm doing that.

Whenever I try to sleep to progress to the next day, the game crashes on me. I have been playing the game with these mods for a while and this is the first time i have run into this issue.

My crash log is https://log.smapi.io/Ra1dNpvh

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@KyokoDolls Can you post a zip of your Mods folder and the Day_198677655 save folder? (If it's too big to post here, you can upload it to a service like mixtape.moe and post the link here.)

• GrimmLordRWBY

GrimmLordRWBY Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, My game keeps crashing on the last day of summer going into fall. I'll copy below exactly what Smapi says is wrong but I have been trying all day to get and replace the file with no luck on solving the issue. Please help if possible! It just repeats this error a whole bunch then completely crashes the game.
                            [14:46:01 TRACE game] _newDayTask failed with an exception
                            [14:46:01 ERROR game] Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Maps\fall_outdoorsTileSheet". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Maps\fall_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb". File not found.
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
                            --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                            at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1833
                            at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )
                            [14:46:01 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden update loop: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Maps\fall_outdoorsTileSheet". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Maps\fall_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb". File not found.
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
                            --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                            at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1833
                            at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• KyokoDolls

KyokoDolls Space Hobo

Attached Files:

• GrimmLordRWBY

GrimmLordRWBY Void-Bound Voyager

I just reset the content files but I'm still having the same problem, even after verifying with steam. Attached is the entire crash file if that helps.

Went through all the files and found that the FaeQuest mod was the problem, removed it and my game works again

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2018
                              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@KyokoDolls That's caused by the Flirtier Alex Dialogue Overhaul mod. You can fix it by removing the mod temporarily, playing until the next day, then putting it back; that way the broken dialogue won't be applicable anymore. (The upcoming SMAPI 2.8 will prevent dialogue errors from crashing the game.)

• KyokoDolls

KyokoDolls Space Hobo

I performed the above steps and it worked! Thank you very much for your help!

• myrtle000

myrtle000 Void-Bound Voyager

help me i don no this error log :nuruneutral:

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.