Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Since you are on the stable release of Stardew, you'll want version 2.7 of SMAPI.

• woodcrow

woodcrow Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you... I feel silly for not just trying 2.7 before I made a post -- I just didn't have a way to figure out which version of SD I was playing, whoops!

• goroakechi

goroakechi Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I've been trying to play multiplayer with my sister, who is hosting.
        Everything works fine on her farm but on my end and mine alone, the game gets stuck on the loading screen when I attempt to go into town. It then either crashes or I end up having to close the game because it's stuck.

https://log.smapi.io/iX1rkKhF

Any help is appreciated! Thank you so much!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@goroakechi Can you try this?
          1. Temporarily remove Convenient Chests, Json Assets, PyTK, Sauvignon in Stardew, and SpaceCore.
          2. Try it again.
          3. Post a fresh log if it crashes again.

• Diamba

Diamba Void-Bound Voyager

Hi everyone.
            I have some issues with the sound dissapering when i try to use SMAPI... Everything works fine when i launch the game normally, but as soon as i launch it via SMAPI it's all quiet :/

The error-log looks like this:
            [18:36:20 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 2.7 with Stardew Valley 1.3.28 on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
            [18:36:20 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
            [18:36:20 TRACE SMAPI] Log started at 2018-09-19T15:36:20 UTC
            [18:36:20 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting game...
            [18:36:25 TRACE SMAPI] Detecting common issues...
            [18:36:26 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mod metadata...
            [18:36:26 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mods...
            [18:36:26 TRACE SMAPI] Console Commands (ConsoleCommands\ConsoleCommands.dll)...
            [18:36:26 TRACE SMAPI] Save Backup (SaveBackup\SaveBackup.dll)...
            [18:36:26 INFO SMAPI] Loaded 2 mods:
            [18:36:26 INFO SMAPI] Console Commands 2.7 by SMAPI | Adds SMAPI console commands that let you manipulate the game.
            [18:36:26 INFO SMAPI] Save Backup 2.7 by SMAPI | Automatically backs up all your saves once per day into its folder.

[18:36:26 TRACE Save Backup] Adding 2018-09-19 - SMAPI 2.7 with Stardew Valley 1.3.28.zip...
            [18:36:26 INFO SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
            [18:36:26 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for updates...
            [18:36:26 TRACE game] Signing into GalaxySDK
            [18:36:27 TRACE game] Galaxy auth success
            [18:36:27 TRACE game] Galaxy signed in
            [18:36:27 TRACE game] Galaxy logged on
            [18:36:27 TRACE SMAPI] SMAPI okay.
            [18:36:27 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for updates to 2 mods...
            [18:36:27 TRACE SMAPI] All mods up to date.
            [18:36:48 TRACE game] gameMode was 'titleScreenGameMode (0)', set to 'loadingMode (6)'.
            [18:36:48 TRACE SMAPI] Game loader synchronising...
            [18:36:48 TRACE game] getLoadEnumerator('Mirre_196861711')
            [18:36:53 TRACE game] gameMode was 'loadingMode (6)', set to 'playingGameMode (3)'.
            [18:36:53 TRACE SMAPI] Game loader done.
            [18:36:53 TRACE SMAPI] Context: loaded saved game 'Mirre_196861711', starting spring 26 Y1. Single-player.
            [18:36:58 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing...
            [18:36:58 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing the content coordinator. Content managers will no longer be usable after this point.

I think that means it's no problem... I have rebooted my computer a bunch of times, i have reinstalled different versions of smapi (and reinstalled the same a few times)...
            This is soo annoying! And i feel stupid, like it's something easy i've missed... I followed like every guide online, and been looking for options for hours.

Please help :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Diamba Can you come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord? It'll be easier to help there, since we can trade screenshots, files, etc. :)

For the record, we solved this over Discord. Make sure to launch the StardewValley file on Linux/Mac (don't launch the StardewModdingAPI.bin.x86_64 file directly).

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

Hello;

I'm a beginner in using SMAPI, and after a few days of using it (somewhat) smoothly, then suddenly in Pam's birthday I cannot continue. The moment I went to bed, the game crashes and Steam downloads SOMETHING.

The log is : https://log.smapi.io/1rPMaRPn

Thank you for your help!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Trifoilum That's an error with one of your dialogue mods. Dialogue expansion mods are fairly new so we don't have good error-handling for those errors yet, but it's probably one of these mods:
                  • Alex Dialogue Edit;
                  • Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion;
                  • Doki Doki Dialogue - Alex;
                  • or Flirtier Alex Dialogue Overhaul.
                  So the workaround would be to remove those mods, play a day (so whatever dialogue is broken is no longer applicable), and then put them back.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

https://log.smapi.io/He0Y0CJZ

it says i have a key item error with smapi? i /think/ it is because of a mayo-to-meringue mod since after putting it in several items lost their names and some invalid ones started showing up in shops

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Zosa Sounds like you installed an outdated XNB mod (a mod which replaces games files directly). I suggest avoiding those, since they can cause issues like this. You can reset your content files to fix it.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

but which one? other than the meringue (which is new) all of them are ones that have been in my game for a while now and all modify the graphics

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Zosa Whichever one replaced your Content/Data/ObjectInformation.xnb file is probably the issue.

• VastPrincess

VastPrincess Space Hobo

I'm new to this whole mod thing and I was wondering what I did wrong here. I saved my data log and here is the link https://log.smapi.io/jVwiFiNK I really appreciate some help and tips for installing future mods. Thank You

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@VastPrincess It looks like you deleted one of the game files, probably while installing XNB mods (which replace game files). I suggest avoiding those since they can cause issues like this, and only using SMAPI or Content Patcher mods. You can reset your content files to fix it.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

v____v defos the mayo then, maybe it would work as a cp mod instead? i will go replace it with the default though

• VastPrincess

VastPrincess Space Hobo

@Pathoschild thank you for your help I was wondering how I find smapi and content patcher specific mods and how to download them the right way. What exactly is a content patcher mod?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Zosa Yep, a content pack wouldn't have that issue since it'd only need to edit that entry.

@VastPrincess Content Patcher is a SMAPI mod. You can unzip it into Mods like usual, then unzip any Content Patcher packs you want into Mods. Most newer mods use either SMAPI or Content Patcher, and you can check this list of unofficial conversions if you're looking for a specific XNB mod. Usually the mod description will mention SMAPI or Content Patcher, but you can also check if the download contains a manifest.json file. If it has one, you can just unzip it into your Mods folder; if not I suggest avoiding it.
                                    upload_2018-9-25_10-27-46.png

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

oops, well i tried a contentpatcher ver and while there are no errors anymore the description and name does not get correctly written anymore(though the graphic shows up correctly, go figure)

• genman

genman Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dear @Pathoschild

I met a vital bug that makes my game crash when I go to bed.
                                        I cannot jump to next day even I do nothing.
                                        I try to use _old save file , but after sleeping it also crash at tomorrow's sleep.(break at the same day)

Here is my SMAPIlog .
                                        I afraid that my save file has been broken , so I also upload my save file
                                        Plz help me.... :cry:

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@genman That's caused by one of your dialogue mods. It's hard to know which one (I'm working on a way to make that easier), so the fix is to temporarily remove all your dialogue mods, play one day, then put them back. Hopefully then the broken dialogue won't be applicable anymore.

genman likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.