Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caibat

caibat Intergalactic Tourist

Oops, sorry about that: https://log.smapi.io/AqeyvyDS
    This game I was able to play longer without interruptions but towards the end it crashed when I tried to warp from mine to farm.

I hope that log has what you were looking for

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@caibat Looks like SMAPI didn't log an error. How does the game crash? Do you see an error or message, or does the game just disappear?

• caibat

caibat Intergalactic Tourist

The game goes black screen then exits by itself.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@caibat Do you see a message like "Stardew Valley has stopped responding"? Does it happen if you launch Stardew Valley.exe in your game folder directly?

• Guuther

Guuther Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Guuther How did you install the mods? Somehow the manifest.json file for every mod is broken and replaced with an obsolete format.

• TheIrri

TheIrri Space Spelunker

Hiya, I was wondering if I could get some help with this crash situation I've got...

Every time I try and go to sleep, the game crashes before it will save. It crashes pretty much as soon as I hit "yes" to going to sleep. I thought it might have been the birthday mod I was using, because the crash happens on the day I picked for my birthday, but I've deleted the mod and that doesn't seem to fix it. I've also tried a wide variety of solutions I've read about, and none of them seemed to fix it (even the weird chest gap glitch. Mine's fine.)

I also went through the last crash log and deleted conflicting mods (not that I've ever had this issue with them in the past, I just thought it would help) and that still didn't do anything. Here's what I'm left with.

https://log.smapi.io/Ypd6RLg5

Thanks in advanced!!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@TheIrri That's caused by one of your dialogue mods, but I see you have several update alerts for those. Does it still happen if you update them?

• TheIrri

TheIrri Space Spelunker

I can try using the xnb versions as well as the content patcher versions and see if that helps, but that's the only other thing I can think of

• TheIrri

TheIrri Space Spelunker

I've updated them to include the xnb versions... The game still says I need to update them (and I definitely do not), and it still crashes...
                    https://log.smapi.io/JFEuQt6A
                    This is the latest error log

Edit: It was one of the dialogue mods that I didn't need to update. I went through and took them all out one by one to figure it out lol

I'll be letting the mod creator know about this bug

Thank you for the help anyway!!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
                    • Guuther

@Pathoschild Got them all from nexus mods in the usual manner that I always do, the download button, lol.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Guuther Did you install them manually or using a mod manager? Did you unzip them with the Windows feature, or using a third-party unzip tool (and which one if so)? Do you use any tools to manage mods in any way?

• hugbeam

hugbeam Void-Bound Voyager

I'm still getting the same libdgiplus error despite having installed mono countless times. Are these the max/linux transparency issues that are addressed in the 2.8 beta or something else entirely? If so, should I update my game to be compatible with that?
                          https://log.smapi.io/UQPXKQ67

• Guuther

@Pathoschild Downloaded them manually, unzipped them with either winzip or 7zip, and use SDVMM to manage the mods.

• Cheshire Drago

Cheshire Drago Aquatic Astronaut

My game keeps crashing whenever I walked toward Grandpa's shrine. I have removed the tractor mod and Better Artisan Goods mod and it is still happening.
                              https://log.smapi.io.

And yes... that is the complete link SMAPI gives me for my crash log.
                              upload_2018-9-12_21-32-46.png

• paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Smapi crash log is located at
                                Code:
                                %AppData%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs
                                If you copy and paste above into Windows Explorer's address bar (as seen below) and hit enter, it'll give you the last error log that you can post to Patho's Log Parser

[​IMG]

(lots of edits trying to get an image to post)

• Cheshire Drago

The crash log says the exact same thing...
                                  upload_2018-9-13_20-21-56.png

• Cheshire Drago

Oh... it is crashing even if I play Stardew without SMAPI... joy

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@hugbeam Nope, SMAPI 2.8 won't affect that error. Can you come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord? It'll be easier to look into it from there.

@Guuther I suggest avoiding SDVMM, since it's not up to date with the latest mod developments. You can install mods by unzipping them into the Mods folder directly.

@Cheshire Drago When you relaunch the game, SMAPI-latest.txt is replaced with the text you see in the console. Either upload the SMAPI-crash.txt file (per the instructions on log.smapi.io), or cause the crash again and post your log without relaunching the game.

• woodcrow

woodcrow Void-Bound Voyager

I'm playing Stardew through Steam, but I can't find a way to update the game to a version that will work with SMAPI -- any help?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Sorry -- I'm just returning to Stardew after a year and a half of being away from it; I'm trying to figure out this new Content Patcher thing...)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.