Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Hoshi That error is caused by one of your dialogue packs for Content Patcher. Two of those have a new version available, so I suggest updating first to see if that fixes it. Otherwise you can just remove all your dialogue mods, play one day, and put them back; the broken dialogue may only happen on that specific day.

I'll look into having Content Patcher detect broken dialogue automatically, to prevent crashes in the future.

• Hoshi

Hoshi Big Damn Hero

So Smapi just seems to think those two are out of date when they aren't (and I redownloaded them to be sure). The problem isn't with those mods but it was with one of my other Dialogue mods and I've pinpointed which one and I'm not having issues anymore.
      Thank you!

• Snarkypie

Snarkypie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Argh, seems I spoke too soon. It's just sitting on the loading screen now. Not sure why CFR is throwing an error either :\

https://log.smapi.io/CEZtmbSW

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Snarkypie Removing Everytime Submarine should fix that.

• Snarkypie

Snarkypie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Removing that did get it to load and play, but I'm getting a CTD near the end of the day now.

https://log.smapi.io/t9nEbTdQ

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Snarkypie I see a lot of errors for Json Assets, so that may be related. If you come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord, we can help you get everything working. (There are other modders there who are more familiar with Json Assets specifically.)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Note: Stardew Valley 1.3.29 is now available on the Steam beta branch. That update has significant changes, and SMAPI isn't compatible with 1.3.29 yet. Compatibility will be added in the upcoming SMAPI 2.8 beta.

• SirAmiel1

SirAmiel1 Yeah, You!

help, when playing the game it sits at loading and shows this in the modding api (steam version)

"[SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3913
                  at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2343
                  at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 702"
                  (without quotations)

Edit: Here's my mod list (via the api)

"[SMAPI] AnimalChooser 1.1 by stokastic | Allows manual selection of animal colour for cows and chickens
                  [SMAPI] Automate 1.10.1 by Pathoschild | Lets you automate crafting machines, fruit trees, and more by connecting them to chests.
                  [SMAPI] Console Commands 2.7 by SMAPI | Adds SMAPI console commands that let you manipulate the game.
                  [SMAPI] Friends Forever 1.2.1-beta by Isaac S. | Makes it so friendship levels never decay!
                  [SMAPI] No Fence Decay 1.2-beta by Cat | Makes all fences and gates last forever.
                  [SMAPI] NPC Map Locations 2.1.5-beta by Bouhm | Shows NPCs and farmers on the map. Uses a modified map page for accurate tracking.
                  [SMAPI] Save Anywhere 2.8.1 by Alpha_Omegasis | Lets you save almost anywhere.
                  [SMAPI] Save Backup 2.7 by SMAPI | Automatically backs up all your saves once per day into its folder.
                  [SMAPI] SkipFishingMinigame 0.1.1 by DewMods | When a fish bites, just hook the fish and skip the minigame"

Edit 2:

Removed Animal Chooser, most recently added mod, still not loading

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@SirAmiel1 Does that happen every time? If so, does it still happen if you temporarily rename your Mods folder (so no mods get loaded)?

• SirAmiel1

SirAmiel1 Yeah, You!

tried 3 times, all times

Edit: 4th time, it loaded

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@SirAmiel1 Is that with mods, or after renaming the Mods folder?

• SirAmiel1

SirAmiel1 Yeah, You!

After renaming the folder, I'll try it with the mods folder named normally

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• SirAmiel1

SirAmiel1 Yeah, You!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@SirAmiel1 Can you do that again, but make sure you rename your Mods folder (so no mods are loaded)?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.8 beta is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.29 beta only.)

This adds support for Stardew Valley 1.3.29 beta, and makes some quality-of-life changes for players:
                              • added support for organising your mods into subfolders;
                              • moved most SMAPI files into a smapi-internal subfolder, so your game folder is less messy;
                              • moved save backups into a save-backups folder so they're easier to find;
                              • enabled update checks even for mods that have no update keys in many cases.
                              For modders, this mainly adds a data API, adds support for writing to JSON files in content packs, and enables IntelliSense documentation when using the non-developers version of SMAPI.

See the release notes and compatibility list for more info. Note that many mods broke in Stardew Valley 1.3.29 and have not been updated yet.

• SirAmiel1

SirAmiel1 Yeah, You!

• Ahrao

Ahrao Aquatic Astronaut

• marginallymasc

marginallymasc Space Hobo

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

@Ahrao & @marginallymasc : Both of your logs show the Horny Bachelors mod and based on the Nexus comments for it, this is a somewhat common problem. Try removing that mod and seeing if the crash still happens.

Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.