Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Cosmos Killer

@putaytoe That might be an issue with MTN. The author of that mod will look into it tomorrow and post a build for you to try. :)

putaytoe likes this.
    • ghouly

ghouly Tentacle Wrangler

Anyone know how to avoid this?
      Code:
      StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Exceptions.SContentLoadException: The content manager failed loading content asset 'MorangosEA├ž├║car\townInterior.png' from SMAPI\ghouly.maploader. ---> System.NotSupportedException: Can't load a PNG file while the game is drawing to the screen. Make sure you load content outside the draw loop.

It happens sometimes when I call `reload` on maps through reflection, but only from the console, strangely. The exact same function triggered by an in-game hotkey doesn't cause this.

• Pathoschild

@ghouly That's an issue with SMAPI: console commands are handled asynchronously, but they should be queued until the next update tick to avoid conflicts. I'll fix that in the next release.

• macaro0n

macaro0n Tentacle Wrangler

Both Steam overlay and screenshot no longer working after I installed SMAPI! Help!

• putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

ok, I got a new one. I removed all my mods except CP (left the jsonassets mods folders in there for some reason but it skipped them bc I temporarily moved jsonassets out to see if that was the cause) any idea either which content pack is messing with smapi, or is this an error within smapi itself? I can play (walk around town/enter exit maps, plant crops) fine, if it helps the error I'm getting in-game is when I try to walk over my planted parsnips, it acts like they're on trellises and I can't walk over them, and this is what the smapi-log spits out: https://log.smapi.io/iDG3GY7g

• Jessicanity

Jessicanity Aquatic Astronaut

• Snarkypie

Snarkypie Void-Bound Voyager

I think it was the old farm expansion mod, but it's been long enough that I can't be sure. Thank you for being awesome enough to fix them, though.

Attached Files:

• jackferno

jackferno Space Hobo

I have a problem

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your video does not show anything special that can't be caused by any multitude of issues, many not even caused by SMAPI.
                  Unless you include a SMAPI error file, no one can help you, unfortunately.

Also, respectfully, the sounds you use in the video are highly grating to the ears.

EDIT: Also, consider updating all your mods to the latest version before reporting an error, as every mod you're using is out of date, as SMAPI said.

• MC Honk

MC Honk Void-Bound Voyager

Are we supposed to be able to launch Stardew from Vortex? Nothing happens when I hit the run button. I have SMAPI installed.

If I run the game via Steam, my Vortex-installed mods seem to run fine, though.

• arwigg

arwigg Space Hobo

hi ! so im completely new and inexperienced (which honestly is a terrible combination and I should've been smarter) but I downloaded SMAPI and things were alright for a few days until I downloaded the content patcher mod. Then I was unable to open the game at all. It kept saying that the game had failed unexpectedly: https://log.smapi.io/N9ZAtwcv (the full log)
                      I can't really run anything anymore and I don't want to uninstall in case it ruins the entire game more. I'd really appreciate some help- please and thank you !

• Pathoschild

If you play on Windows, make sure you follow the install steps (especially "Part 2: configure Steam").

Can you upload your SMAPI log (see instructions on that page) and post a link here?

Sorry for the delay! The attached saves should work.

That's an issue with Vortex. Tannin and I are looking into it for an upcoming release.

It's failing before it loads any mods, so it's probably not that. Does resetting your game files fix it?

Attached Files:

• jackferno

jackferno Space Hobo

okay I will try that thanks

• tico

tico Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

@tico That seems to be an issue with Portraiture. I suggest asking on its mod page, so the author can look into it.

tico likes this.
                            • ghouly

ghouly Tentacle Wrangler

Is there any chance we can load tbins from content packs in the future? (Or is there a way we can do it I'm not aware of?) I get this kind of thing.
                              Code:
                              [12:06:28 TRACE SMAPI] MapLoader loaded asset '..\Mods\Pomegranate\Salon\Salon'.
                              [11:49:39 ERROR MapLoader] Yikes! Couldn't reload Salon.
                              [11:49:39 ERROR SMAPI] The 'SMAPI\Pomegranate' prefix isn't handled by any mod.

It works fine with XNBs though.

• Pathoschild

Is MapLoader your own mod? I'm guessing the "Yikes! Couldn't reload Salon" message is in response to an error; can you print the error details?

• ghouly

ghouly Tentacle Wrangler

Yeah, I fuddled some of the messages because my pathing is really confusing right now. Let me see.

https://log.smapi.io/B4GTzAfG

This is what happens when I try to reload a map associated to a tbin file, i.e.
                                  Code:
                                  [12:35:03 DEBUG MapLoader] Inside Load<T> with asset '..\Mods\Pomegranate\Salon\Salon'.
                                  [12:35:03 DEBUG MapLoader] .. calling contentHelper.Load("../Pomegranate/Salon/Salon.tbin").
                                  [12:35:03 TRACE SMAPI] MapLoader loaded asset '..\Mods\Pomegranate\Salon\Salon'.
                                  [12:35:03 TRACE SMAPI] MapLoader intercepted ..\Mods\Pomegranate\Salon\Salon.
                                  [12:35:03 ERROR MapLoader] Yikes! Couldn't reload Salon.
                                  [12:35:03 ERROR MapLoader] The 'SMAPI\Pomegranate' prefix isn't handled by any mod.

• Pathoschild

@ghouly Can you send me a zip of your mod and content pack?

• Jessicanity

Jessicanity Aquatic Astronaut