1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

1. AutumnSapphira

AutumnSapphira Space Hobo

Hello!
    New to modding SDV and I was trying to install SMAPI and can't copy the text from the installer so I can copy it into the Launch Options in Steam. For whatever reason (and I'm not computer savvy enough to figure out why), I cannot highlight any text in the installer box.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, in advance!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Cosmos Killer

Hi @AutumnSapphira. It depends on which version of Windows you have, but here's the most reliable way to do it:
      1. right-click on the window title bar:
        upload_2018-6-23_12-46-0.png

2. choose Mark or Edit > Mark:
        upload_2018-6-23_12-46-34.png

3. left-click & hold where you want to start, drag to select text, and release the button:
        upload_2018-6-23_12-47-49.png

4. press Enter to copy it. If that worked correctly, it will deselect the text.

• Pathoschild

Quick update: the Linux build VM was lost in a reformat, so beta 18 will be delayed for a couple of days while I rebuild that from scratch.

• abysbl

abysbl Aquatic Astronaut

Hi, I hope this isn't too repetitive(I got here from a Github issue where someone had the same problem, looked back through the last 10-15 pages and didn't see anything on it)-- my sound isn't working on my game? The sound works fine when I run Stardew Valley.exe, so I thought at first it was a problem with UI Suite or Teh's Fishing Overhaul because they both add custom sound files but even after removing both mods I had no sound. I've ended up just reinstalling my entire game and I still have no sound when running SDV from StardewModdingAPI wwww

I'm running SMAPI 2.6-beta.17 with Stardew Valley 1.3.21, thank you so much in advance!

• Pathoschild

• abysbl

abysbl Aquatic Astronaut

• Pathoschild

• Pathoschild

SMAPI 2.6 beta 18 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3 beta only.)

Release notes:
            • For players:
              • Improved startup performance and memory usage in some cases.
              • Fixed tilesheets not updating for season transition.
              • Fixed list_items and player_add commands not handling secret notes.
            • For modders:
              • Updated NuGet package:
                • Added reference to new SMAPI DLL.
                • Added option to ignore custom files by regex.
              • Fixed input API not available through the mod helpers.
            • For SMAPI developers:
              • Added StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.CoreInterfaces assembly for toolkit interfaces available to SMAPI mods.
              • Updated to Mono.Cecil 0.10 and updated other packages.
            For modders: you need to update the NuGet package to compile your mods against beta 18 and later. Released mods should still work fine since SMAPI will rewrite them.

• wolfwantsred

wolfwantsred Space Hobo

Having trouble with the game crashing after the first cut-scene (and not letting me skip intro to begin with). I went through the error log a bit and updated the 3 mods, but it's still saying they need an update. I also removed vanilla craftables, but no luck. I have the error log here if it helps.

• BearahSarah

BearahSarah Space Spelunker

Hello! I keep getting this error. I'm not sure why it's searching in the C: when I indiciated the E:

[SMAPI] SMAPI 2.5.5 with Stardew Valley 1.2.33 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
                [SMAPI] Mods go here: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
                [SMAPI] The game failed unexpectedly: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\XACT\FarmerSounds.xgs'.
                at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine..ctor(String settingsFile, TimeSpan lookAheadTime, String rendererId)
                at StardewValley.Game1.Initialize()
                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
                at StardewModdingAPI.Program.RunInteractively() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 253
                [SMAPI] Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

Any ideas?

• Pathoschild

• BearahSarah

@Pathoschild Is that the same as verifying? Because I've done that.

• Pathoschild

@BearahSarah Can you post a screenshot of this folder?
                    Code:
                    E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\XACT

• BearahSarah

Attached Files:

• tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Industrial Terraformer

• Pathoschild

• Neechan13

Neechan13 Void-Bound Voyager

(I don't know if this is the right place for this, please let me know if it isn't :))

While its not gamebreaking, the longevity mod breaks some character sprites (some glitch in and out like maru and Evelyn) and one schedule that I know of (sebastian just stayed in his room all day)

The worst is shane in joja mart when he works, and it doesn't know what to grab while the mod is installed, and it cycles through sprites that he shouldn't (it looks strange like he's having a mental break down)

I know its this mod because i just tested it by removing it and it fixed it.... (also, I'm in the beta, so maybe that's why?)

I'd figure i'd let someone know (and i'm running the lastest version of SMAPI 2.6-beta 18 )

• Pathoschild

• tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Industrial Terraformer

@Pathoschild It started working when I removed the unofficial update of Custom Critters! No more errors since then.

• Pathoschild

@tenthousandcats Thanks for following up. I forwarded a message to the modder who updated it. :)

tenthousandcats likes this.