Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @FloraFern. False positives are more common soon after a release, since your antivirus hasn't seen this version before. SMAPI doesn't include any malware, but you don't have to take my word for it. You can check by reading the code, decompiling the download, or uploading it to VirusTotal. You just need to tell your antivirus that SMAPI is okay; try searching online for your antivirus name with the words "add exception" to find instructions.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Note: Window Defender is currently flagging SMAPI 2.5.3 as a trojan for some users. This is a false positive and SMAPI 2.5.3 is safe to download (see this FAQs entry). I'm currently addressing this in two ways:
      • I'm contacting Microsoft to fix the false positive.
      • I just bought a code signing certificate which is now in verification, which will help reduce false positives by not resetting antivirus trust on each release.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Followup: the latest Windows Defender update seems to fix it. Let me know if you're still getting detections with Windows Defender 1.263.635 or later (here's how to find your version).

• Cylonn

Cylonn Intergalactic Tourist

Okay, I need help. All of a sudden whenever I walk out of my farmhouse, the game crashes to desktop and I can't for the life of me figure out why, since nothing has really changed. Here's a link to the error log: https://pastebin.com/YhARb1eH

Any help would be appreciated, I'm at my wit's end.

EDIT: Solved it! In case anyone else runs into this issue, what seems to have happened is that my /TerrainFeatures/Flooring.xnb file became corrupted, and any time the game tried to draw paths it crashed because the sprite sheet for them was broken.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
          • loeys

loeys Void-Bound Voyager

hi i'm having an issue...i can't buy pigs or sheep for my newly upgraded barn. i took out all texture mods that change the look of the barn itself and no luck here. here's the smapi log

[SMAPI] The StardewValley.Menus.PurchaseAnimalsMenu menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game.
            System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
            at StardewValley.FarmAnimal.get_displayType()
            at StardewValley.Menus.PurchaseAnimalsMenu.draw(SpriteBatch b)
            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1913

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could you please post the entire log to https://log.smapi.io/ , and then post the URL here afterwards.

• pixelgoldfish

pixelgoldfish Void-Bound Voyager

A cry for help!! https://log.smapi.io/CacQBLKf It seems that my game crashes when trying to load Summer 1. To quote exactly: "An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 242"
                How should I go about fixing this?

• 13akoors

That appears to be an issue with the TreeLife mod. You'll have to message @Androxilogin about that, as it appears that's his mod.

Removing that mod should fix things

• XaonRider

XaonRider Space Hobo

When I run my game with the latest SMAPI, after playing for a while the screen goes completely white. The game continues on behind the white screen, I can still hear footsteps when I move around and the menu sound plays when I open the menu and stuff, but I can't get rid of the white screen at all. I have tried running it with no mods (except for the ConsoleCommands mod that is installed with SMAPI), but this still happens. There doesn't seems to be anything weird happening in the SMAPI log, so I don't know what's going on. Can anyone help please?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.5.4 is now available!

This release mainly improves the content API to support newer mods like Content Patcher, and enables beta updates to support the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.3 beta.

• Cylonn

Cylonn Intergalactic Tourist

After finishing the Vault bundle and going to sleep, the game crashes before the cutscene of the Junimos fixing the Bus. Not sure what could be causing this, could anyone help?
                        SMAPI log: https://log.smapi.io/QiFnUshx

• XaonRider

XaonRider Space Hobo

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@XaonRider Does it happen if you launch the game without SMAPI (e.g. running Stardew Valley.exe directly)?

(@Cylonn's issue was caused by More Animals, discussed on Discord.)

• XaonRider

XaonRider Space Hobo

No, the game plays fine without SMAPI. I can play the game (without SMAPI) normally for several in-game days and there are no problems.

• Galliard

Galliard Big Damn Hero

I just installed Stardew Valley on my new computer, and restored most of my mods and installed the new SMAPI, and I haven't been able to get past the first day without it crashing. I'm not sure which if any of my mods would be the problem, but this is where the crash dump said to post looking for help. I even managed to find the attached file. I did just apply the update that just came out, and it doesn't seem to help. I'm not sure what the problem is, and I would like to know what to fix.

Attached Files:

• 13akoors

@Pathoschild I keep forgetting to ask you this, but could you change the SMAPI notice about reporting errors? It still reads that people should post their logs here rather than uploading to log.smapi.io and sharing the URL here. Would probably cut down on the number of times people need to be told to do that

• Galliard

Galliard Big Damn Hero

I wasn't aware I was supposed to upload it somewhere else then share the URL. I followed the link, uploaded the file, and it returns 64 different errors in SMAPI.

Log file is here:

https://log.smapi.io/KjW61zSW

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@XaonRider That's weird, SMAPI doesn't change anything graphics-related that would cause that. Can you upload your SMAPI log after it happens just in case there's something relevant? Do you see anything graphics-related in the event viewer when it happens (under "Applications" or "System")?

@13akoors We should probably split troubleshooting into a separate thread. Then the first post could provide more specific instructions.

@Galliard It looks like you installed an XNB mod that's outdated or broken. You can reset your content files to fix that.

• Galliard

Galliard Big Damn Hero

@Pathoschild - That's exactly why I used the XNB Loader Mod, so all my XNB mods are loaded through that mod, so they don't touch my original files, so resetting the content files probably won't do anything because I never changed them in the first place. I also kept a list for updating and troubleshooting purposes. If I listed them, could we figure out which one it is so other people won't make the same mistake?

I installed the following XNB Mods:

Better Rain
                                      Blue Galaxy Sword
                                      Clint Narrative Overhaul
                                      Demetrius Narrative Overhaul
                                      Dwarf and Krobus Narrative Overhaul
                                      Easier Fishing
                                      Gus Narrative Overhaul
                                      Linus Narrative Overhaul
                                      Marnie Narrative Overhaul
                                      No More Bowlegs (all affected individuals)
                                      Pam Narrative Overhaul
                                      Replace Broken Glasses with Old Bottle (I suspect this might be the culprit)
                                      Suffolk Sheep Recolor
                                      Willy Narrative Overhaul
                                      Wizard Narrative Overhaul
                                      Zen Garden Obelisk Earth and Water

I suspect it's the Broken Glasses with Old Bottle because it mods the Object Description file, so I'm going to try removing that and see if it does anything. I give you the full list in case problems with some of these XNB mods have come up before.

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.