Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

2. hundley.jw

hundley.jw Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any chance you are using an Abigail dialogue overhaul? I experienced this exact same issue earlier in the week.

• Shail0123

Shail0123 Aquatic Astronaut

• forevergent777

forevergent777 Aquatic Astronaut

Entoarax Framework and the mods requiring it still doesn't work even with the newest SMAPI 2.5.2

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• CherryYoo

CherryYoo Orbital Explorer

Hello, here is my problem. The game was working properly until yesterday. When I started to play the Stardew Valley mod today, I found it crashes. Also, my last save file is gone but I could see the save file which I played it long time ago:(
        So in that case did it just show the save file which I did back up? I did back up my save file on January 31. However, Is there anyway to bring back the most recent save file? I'm using the some replacing mods on portrait dialogues and fish while using the two SMAPI mods like get dressed and skull cavern :( It will be appreciated if you help! ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• CherryYoo

um I did it but it just has the old save file and it seems working with going back a day before. However, I still cannot find the previous one :(

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@CherryYoo To clarify, is the entire save for that character missing? Or is the save present, but outdated?

• CherryYoo

Yeap, the entire save file isn't missing but the save file became outdated after the accident. That means the file I played the character until 1 year Fall, it went back to 1 year Spring :(

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

It sounds like Steam Sync replaced it with an older version. Unfortunately there's no way to recover it, unless you have a newer copy on another computer. :(

• CherryYoo

So the problem was about savings without mod or SMAPI crashes right? :( I remember that the game suddenly stopped and became slow so I just turned off computer during a day before my saving is gone

Thanks for your explanation anyway lol

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.5.3 beta is now available! (See download and release notes.)

This mainly improves SMAPI's compatibility and update checks, updates the internal mod data, and include internal changes to prepare for the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.3 beta.

[Edit: download removed; see latest version instead.]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
                    • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Is there any other way to prevent SMAPI from disabling mods; or rather, force load a mod that it deems broken?
                      I tried the "AssumeCompatible" option in the "StardewModdingAPI.config.json" file, but it didn't work.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@MysticTempest "Status": "AssumeCompatible" will force SMAPI to ignore compatibility checks and load the mod anyway, but there's no guarantee that loading it will succeed. Which mod are you trying to enable?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.5.3 beta.2 is now available! (See download and release notes.)

Beta 2 fixes an issue in the previous build where mods with missing optional dependencies were incorrectly marked incompatible.

[Edit: download removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
                            Ice Dagger likes this.
                          • Ice Dagger

Ice Dagger Master Chief

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Ah okay, thanks.
                            I was attempting to load "ShopExpander", & "MoreAnimals" which depend on EntoaroxFramework.

TLDR:
                            I recently came across some weirdness where I've been able to use them despite SMAPI saying that EntoaroxFramework was skipped.
                            The "SMAPI 2.5.3 beta" stopped that weirdness; and I wanted to see if I could reverse that with an override.
                            Though oddly, the "SMAPI 2.5.3 beta.2" you just released; already reversed that. And, I can load ShopExpander & MoreAnimals again without issue.
                            Although, SMAPI still says it's skipping EntoaroxFramework due to the dll issue.

The long version:
                            Last year I ran into the dll bug that Linux/Mac users experience with EntoaroxFramework; so I just downgraded to v1.8 as recommended.

Recently, I wiped my old Stardew game folder, & reinstalled SDV from scratch. Then upgraded SMAPI & the related EntoaroxFramework stuff, because I wanted to attempt the "Use system Mono" workaround I saw y'all trying out.

I went ahead and upgraded to Mono v5.10 from the official site & removed the specified game files. But, I got some errors & it was already late that day; so I didn't feel like troubleshooting further.
                            I ended up just restoring the game files as they were, but forgot to remove EntoaroxFramework & ShopExpander.
                            The next day after playing again, I noticed ShopExpander working in-game. I recently tested with MoreAnimals; as well, and that works.

I still get the dll error for EntoaroxFramework, but the mods that depend on it work fine.
                            However, except for upgrading my system Mono to v5.10; I'm not using the workaround anymore. All the gamefiles that we were supposed to remove are in-tact. And, I'm launching the original script; not running SMAPI through Mono.

I'm still trying to troubleshoot why it works on my Linux system. I'm guessing somewhere along the line it IS using my system Mono? I'm not too sure, but that's why I was curious if it was really "broke" on SMAPI 2.5.3 or if SMAPI was just being safe & blocking it.

• forevergent777

forevergent777 Aquatic Astronaut

So now I'm experiencing a crash on Fall 12 and Spring 3. Please help?

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@forevergent777 Does it still happen if you remove MailFramework and Animal Husbandry?

Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.