Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

nah, even if more animals is the only mod you have installed, it'll still crash, i tested it myself, the spring to summer transition was making me crash. you can remove the mod and the save will continue on as per normal, all your extra pets will simply revert to a default skin but won't go away

• Ratlochet

Ratlochet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you! I'm going to try playing that way, then. Though I hope that if I were to reinstall the mod with the skins in the exact same order, that Jean Luc would turn back into a Russian Blue... I'm going to miss my sophisticated little french man! My default skin won't do him justice. :laugh:

• politickle98

politickle98 Orbital Explorer

Hey guys! I'm having a problem with one of my saves. I have two save files, one of which works perfectly. The other one is stuck in a groundhog day-esque situation because whenever I go to sleep, the game crashes without saving. I have two mods installed, CJBCheats Menu and PelicanFiber. I don't think it has to do with the mods either because when I run the game vanilla directly from steam without the mods, it still crashes. I have the error information here. If someone could help me make sense of why, that would be great! If it turns out I have to simply throw the save out and start over, that's ok I guess because I've only gotten to Spring 9 Year 1 lol

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.3 beta is now available! (download link)

This mainly adds mod-provided APIs: mods can now provide their own API for other mods to enable integrations, sharing data, and custom frameworks without needing a direct dependency. (See documentation on the wiki.) Bug reports, suggestions, and feedback are welcome here. :)

Digus likes this.
          • starmnstr

starmnstr Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there, I'm having some crashing problems. Every time, as soon as I step foot in the entrance to the mines in the desert, my game crashes. I'm sorta new to this stuff so I'm not even sure where to start looking for the solution.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• thewheatcrew

thewheatcrew Poptop Tamer

https://log.smapi.io/VpRF4P48

I didn't experience any problems per se, but I saw an error message come up as I was playing. My guess is that the message is triggered by UI Info Suite trying to say how long until the wine matures. Any thoughts?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@thewheatcrew Yep, looks like a bug in UI Info Suite. I added your log to the relevant bug report; feel free to mention any other details there (e.g. what you were doing when it happened).

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.3 is now available!

For players, this mainly adds a download page which is much more user-friendly than the GitHub releases page.

For modders, this adds mod-provided APIs, which allow simple integrations between mods even without direct dependencies (see docs). This lets mods work together much more seamlessly than before. I'm looking forward to seeing how modders use this feature. :)

For modders, SMAPI 2.3 also reintroduces the GameEvents.FirstUpdateTick event for use with mod-provided APIs, adds an IsSuppressed flag to input events so mods can optionally avoid handling keys another mod has already handled, and fixes several issues.

See:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
                  • pikachu594

pikachu594 Void-Bound Voyager

Mm some help here would be amazing thanks in advance

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@pikachu594 It looks like you installed a custom map, but you're missing some of its files. Try reinstalling it, and check the mod page for any install instructions.

• dbwj787

dbwj787 Space Hobo

Hello! I have just begun playing SDV through Steam on Mac, but have had a problem where my game crashes randomly, with seemingly no rhyme or reason. I have tried every combination of mods/no mods, and I can't seem to get it to stop crashing. I can barely get through an entire day. Attached is my latest SMAPI log. Please let me know if you need any other information! THANK YOU!

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@dbwj787
                          • I don't see any error in your log. Can you make sure to post your log immediately after it crashes, without re-launching the game? (A crash without a logged error is possible, but much harder to investigate.)
                          • Does it still happen if you uninstall SMAPI?
                          • Does it still happen if you reset your game files?

• Woofer

Woofer Big Damn Hero

Hello! I'm just now starting to have problems with smapi. I can get into the game fine but after it loads the chucklefish logo the screen just goes black. There's no errors in the logs and I've tried deleting the startup_preferences file like people have said to do, but a new one pops up and the same black screen happens. I've uninstalled and then installed the latest version of smapi and still no luck, along with restarting my computer itself. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong or what I can do to fix it?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Woofer Do you have the Discord app installed? That seems to cause problems with Stardew Valley, probably because of their new game overlay feature. Try disabling the overlay for Stardew Valley, or exit the Discord app before playing. (The web version of Discord doesn't cause any issues.)

• elliotz

elliotz Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys, im having randomly crashes while playing SDV, sometime it's crash on load game, sometime it's crash when im was walking around the Town Square, it happen very randomly and i don't know what caused it. Im currently using SMAPI 2.3 and SDV 1.2.33 with 16 mod, sorry for my bad english :(

Attached Files:

• Sable19

Sable19 Void-Bound Voyager

Trying to play again after a long time. Completely removed the game and reinstalled it. Don't have any mods installed, just SMAPI 2.3. But every time I try to load the game, I get this error. I'm not good at this, so maybe I'm just making an error on my side? I've checked to make sure the game is completely up to date, which it is. I'm uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and SMAPI several times. I did also verify my files.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Sable19 That error usually means the game can't find an audio device (e.g. speakers or headphones). The game can't handle that, oddly enough.

• Sable19

Sable19 Void-Bound Voyager

Ohhh. I'll try to find a remedy for that, because I am playing on a laptop, so I know I have speakers. Thank you! Oddly enough, when I play it without SMAPI, there's sound...

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.