Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

1. 13akoors

13akoors Big Damn Hero

Ah. Well, if that's all I need to worry about, then I'll ignore it. Achievements aren't my main reason for playing modded, after all :)

• Mefis

Mefis Space Hobo

Hey, thanks for your help. Apparently the problem is that one of the folders had an accent tilde, and it seems that the program does not recognize that character. So I renamed the folder and now it works.

Thanks for the help :)

• RyuukiBeat

RyuukiBeat Aquatic Astronaut

Hello, I have errors log in console. What has caused this? This has not happened yesterday. Just recently. I'm not adding or removing a mod.

This is the error:
        Code:
        [SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
        Parameter name: index
           at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
           at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryMenu.hover(Int32 x, Int32 y, Item heldItem)
           at StardewValley.Menus.ItemGrabMenu.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y)
           at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
           at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
           at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 550
        Thanks for the help. I can provide more information if needed. Like what mods I'm using atm, etc. Well, I don't know when exactly that error occurred. It's kinda random.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Giant Laser Beams

• RyuukiBeat

• Pathoschild

@RyuukiBeat That error happens when hovering in your inventory. Does it happen when the cursor is over a specific item or slot?

• RyuukiBeat

oh, yeah, now I know when this error is occurred.

First, I have Automate and Chest Anywhere.
            So, I have chest near machine for Aautomate. Then when I open Chest Anywhere, and put some items in there, the item is gone (pulled by machine), then when I hover in chest slot, that error occured because that file index is negative (null) cause of machine pull.

That's the rough idea. And maybe that error not affected the game/mods, but's it's disturbing to see the error log.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
            • Pathoschild

• Rosalie

Rosalie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

entered the adventure guild and crashed; https://log.smapi.io/JLPHVyWK

edit: actually i found my problem, doesn't even have to do with smapi :p

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
              • jjnl0004

jjnl0004 Space Hobo

help me please...! :(

Attached Files:

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've been having an issue over the past few days since many of the mods updated. SMAPI has thrown up a recurring error

[14:44:43 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
                  Parameter name: index
                  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
                  at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryMenu.hover(Int32 x, Int32 y, Item heldItem)
                  at StardewValley.Menus.ItemGrabMenu.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y)
                  at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
                  at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                  at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 550

When this happens my screen also begins to jump and EF lists them as attempted warps. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm walking inside or outside, whether on my tractor or not.

I've attached my latest SMAPI log.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

@DragonDreads That error can happen when you point at a chest item that's no longer there, often because Automate just took an item out of the chest you're looking at. There's no negative impact on the game that I know of.

The EF attempted warp and screen jumping are a separate issue (note the timestamps are minutes apart). I suggest reporting that in the Entoarox Framework support thread.

DragonDreads likes this.
                    • Pathoschild

• Teneombre

Teneombre Aquatic Astronaut

I want to report a bug : the player_setspeed command seems uneffective. I first think it was CBJ which bug but even when manually put it in the smapi console, there is no effect.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Zero Gravity Genie

@Teneombre Do you by chance use Entoarox Framework?

If you don't, feel free to ignore this.

If you do, then I recall that Ento confirmed speed manipulators like CJB's Cheat Menu were incompatible (but only the speed portion) because Entoarox Framework had its own speed system in place. The only way you can change it if installed is to download Faster Paths and edit the farmer's running speed in the config file. It could be that the framework is also preventing SMAPI's command from being successful as well.

• kiks433

kiks433 Space Hobo

i was casually playing and my game crashed can someone please tell me why and what happened

Attached Files:

• Teneombre

Teneombre Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks Xuomi, that's it !

• Pathoschild

@kiks433 That looks like a crash in the game code when you resized the window. The game's logic for window changes is a bit fragile.

• kiks433

kiks433 Space Hobo

oh thanks a lot i was really confused and i have been waiting for someone to reply so that i can start playing again

• creeperman500

creeperman500 Void-Bound Voyager

After not having played Stardew for a while, SMAPI broke with this error. Any ideas?

Attached Files: