Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@RyuukiBeat That error happens when hovering in your inventory. Does it happen when the cursor is over a specific item or slot?

• RyuukiBeat

RyuukiBeat Aquatic Astronaut

oh, yeah, now I know when this error is occurred.

First, I have Automate and Chest Anywhere.
      So, I have chest near machine for Aautomate. Then when I open Chest Anywhere, and put some items in there, the item is gone (pulled by machine), then when I hover in chest slot, that error occured because that file index is negative (null) cause of machine pull.

That's the rough idea. And maybe that error not affected the game/mods, but's it's disturbing to see the error log.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

entered the adventure guild and crashed; https://log.smapi.io/JLPHVyWK

edit: actually i found my problem, doesn't even have to do with smapi :p

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
        • jjnl0004

jjnl0004 Space Spelunker

help me please...! :(

Attached Files:

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

I've been having an issue over the past few days since many of the mods updated. SMAPI has thrown up a recurring error

[14:44:43 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
            Parameter name: index
            at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
            at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryMenu.hover(Int32 x, Int32 y, Item heldItem)
            at StardewValley.Menus.ItemGrabMenu.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y)
            at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
            at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 550

When this happens my screen also begins to jump and EF lists them as attempted warps. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm walking inside or outside, whether on my tractor or not.

I've attached my latest SMAPI log.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DragonDreads That error can happen when you point at a chest item that's no longer there, often because Automate just took an item out of the chest you're looking at. There's no negative impact on the game that I know of.

The EF attempted warp and screen jumping are a separate issue (note the timestamps are minutes apart). I suggest reporting that in the Entoarox Framework support thread.

DragonDreads likes this.
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Teneombre

Teneombre Void-Bound Voyager

I want to report a bug : the player_setspeed command seems uneffective. I first think it was CBJ which bug but even when manually put it in the smapi console, there is no effect.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Teneombre Do you by chance use Entoarox Framework?

If you don't, feel free to ignore this.

If you do, then I recall that Ento confirmed speed manipulators like CJB's Cheat Menu were incompatible (but only the speed portion) because Entoarox Framework had its own speed system in place. The only way you can change it if installed is to download Faster Paths and edit the farmer's running speed in the config file. It could be that the framework is also preventing SMAPI's command from being successful as well.

• kiks433

kiks433 Aquatic Astronaut

i was casually playing and my game crashed can someone please tell me why and what happened

Attached Files:

• Teneombre

Teneombre Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks Xuomi, that's it !

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@kiks433 That looks like a crash in the game code when you resized the window. The game's logic for window changes is a bit fragile.

• kiks433

kiks433 Aquatic Astronaut

oh thanks a lot i was really confused and i have been waiting for someone to reply so that i can start playing again

• creeperman500

creeperman500 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

After not having played Stardew for a while, SMAPI broke with this error. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@creeperman500 Make sure you have an audio device like headphones or speakers plugged in. (That's a game bug, unrelated to SMAPI.)

• creeperman500

creeperman500 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, thank you!

• Ratlochet

Ratlochet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, I'm having a problem with my game crashing. It's happened at least five times now and I'm not sure what's causing it... I tried reading the crash log myself to see if I could make anything of it, but unfortunately I don't know much about mods. I know I have a lot of mods but it's never been an issue before, and I believe the only thing that changed around the start of the crashes was some Entoarox mod updates.

Could someone please help me with this? I was only instructed to send the crash log, not on any specific way how to do it, so I'm sorry if I did it incorrectly. :)

Attached Files:

• luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

if the crash is happening when trying to change seasons, it's the "more animals" mod, SOMETHING in it is broken that makes the game die horribly on season change

• Ratlochet

Ratlochet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, one of the crashes (this one) was a spring to summer transition in year one, so at least that has been determined. I guess I won't be playing on that save until it's fixed. There have been other crashes though; however I'm much too lazy to give anything like that much concern until it annoys me, so I don't have the crash logs from then. I wonder if the cause of the other crashes was also the "More Animals" mod, perhaps even conflicting with another of my mods, or if they were caused by another thing entirely.

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.