Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MayaTheBee

MayaTheBee Void-Bound Voyager

please help me my game keeps crashing on me is there any way i could stop that from happening?

Attached Files:

• MayaTheBee

MayaTheBee Void-Bound Voyager

The same thing is happening to me too

• sc0rich

sc0rich Void-Bound Voyager

Maya, try attaching the SMAPI-crash text file, it'll point out the errors inside. :) the text should be in the same place as the SMAPI-latest text file.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That looks like a known issue which will be fixed in the upcoming SMAPI 2.1. If I'm right, you can close the game and then load the new file and it'll work fine.

sc0rich likes this.
          • sc0rich

huh. ok, neat, thank you. I honestly wasn't expecting a response from the mod author themselves, much less a new version of SMAPI.
            ok, so I'm playing through the intro, and in the SMAPI window, it just keeps saying "[ChefsCloset] farmhouse:" over and over again. That leads me to a question - on the cooking skill mod, there's a hotfix that says to change the id of the mod to CookingSkill if you have the Chef's Closet mod to get both mods to work. Is...is that what's causing it. Just a general question to the public, I don't expect Pathoschild to answer my question - I'm awed that he took the time out to talk to me. Thank you again.
            edit: okay it crashed again. It said it failed to load a few events.

edit 2: :facepalm: Ima try to load the new file like Pathos said to.
            jeez - sorry guys, coffee JUST kicked in. OK, it went - the First thing that loaded was the birthday calendar, then it continued to play like a dream. In the SMAPI window, I'm still getting errors though, so I'll include it here. I think I messed up loading the Farm Expansion mod, but I don't know how.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@sc0rich
              • The Entoarox Framework "file is already managed" warnings are safe to ignore. Those are a known issue with that mod and shouldn't impact your game.
              • The Farm Expansion error looks like a bug. I suggest reporting it on the mod page (don't forget to include your SMAPI log and mention that it happens when loading an existing save).

• sc0rich

Ok, Thanks for looking into it. :)
                I'll let them know about the error.

• jasper855

jasper855 Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.1 beta is now available! (download link)

SMAPI 2.1 mainly adds a log parser, improves the Steam instructions in the installer, renames the TrainerMod mod to ConsoleCommands to clarify its purpose, and improves the modding features added by SMAPI 2.0. See the release notes for more info.

[Edit: download removed. See the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
                    Digus likes this.
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Pathoschild Uhh, running into a very bizarre issue.

On SMAPI 2.0, my map looked normal. Zero issues. Now with SMAPI 2.1, sometimes my map textures do not seem to load properly.

a.png

I end up with something like this, or worse. I managed to get it to load in properly once though through just restarting the game constantly. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Xuomi Can you post a zip of your entire Mods folder?

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Pathoschild I uploaded it to MediaFire (link) because the file size seemed a little large for the forums. Well, it was taking a while to upload at least. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Really hope it's not something obvious that I borked up. :laugh:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Xuomi I don't have the same issue with those mods. Do you have any XNB mods that aren't installed through XNB Loader?

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Pathoschild The only ones I have are from Immersive Farm 2. I even tried moving the XNBs to XNB Loader instead of the regular Content folder and the graphic error still occurs. So it's probably them.

Okay, I went through my Content folder and found some old XNBs for another map I was using and I got rid of everything I could. The texture issue is still there, but it seems to be focused around only a few objects now (hopefully I wasn't just on a lucky streak). It's also isolated to only the farm, so it has to be something in the tilesheets from IF2. I'll see if I can fix it. :p

Yep, looks like somehow they got shifted a tile. Which is weird because they all appear perfectly fine in SMAPI 2.0 in-game. :/

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
                            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Xuomi Does the issue happen with all XNB mods under XNB Loader (none under Content)? If so, can you send me a new copy of your mods folder to try?

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Pathoschild I can. I did some testing and upgraded and downgraded SMAPI from 2.1 to 2.0 and even to 1.15 a few times to get some mods to work, and everything seemed okay. But this latest time that I updated to 2.1, my tilesheets got corrupted again. I downgraded again to see, and they worked just fine. Back to 2.1 and they're all glitched out. So I am not sure if it's simply my computer not installing 2.1 properly, or something got corrupted during the update process, but I fixed the tiles and everything is working again, so I do not know if my Mods folder will be of much help. But here you go just in case.

And yeah, the issue persists even when the XNB files are in XNB Loader.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
                                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Pathoschild Updating from 2.1 to 2.1.1 corrupted the textures. Downgrading back to 2.1 fixed it. x_x

Edit: Never mind, they are corrupted in 2.1 after starting the game a second time. Good thing I backed up my mods folder. :p

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Xuomi If you remove all SMAPI mods, does it still happen? What if you only install Immersive Farm 2?

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.